Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Smiler13 said:

He’s caused trouble every where he’s been

Prove it. Show me a story from every single club that he's been at where he's caused trouble, or stop spouting made-up nonsense. Seems strange that clubs would keep signing him if he was a troublemaker. 

He was absolutely popular in the dressing room - videos from the players and the way they talk on social media shows that, and if he's thinking this, you can hedge your bets that a lot of the other players feel the same. 

He seems to be suggesting that our owner interferes to the detriment of the club/team & decides who gets paid and who doesn't, regardless of his contractual obligations.

Anyone who defends this, or tries to obfuscate by asserting there are ulterior motives, needs to give their head a rather violent wobble.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Just show a bit of class and dignity, you've got your move and no doubt a pay rise, leave it at that.

If I was constantly paid late and humiliated by my employer in front of my colleagues then the last thing I’d be showing is class and dignity when I eventually moved on.

Just now, Ryan said:

If I was constantly paid late and humiliated by my employer in front of my colleagues then the last thing I’d be showing is class and dignity when I eventually moved on.

The guy signed a 2 year contract, tried to force his way out barely a quarter of the way through it and then barely lifted a leg thereafter.

Doesn't show a lot of respect for the people he has left behind IMO.

16 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

He seems to be suggesting that our owner interferes to the detriment of the club/team & decides who gets paid and who doesn't, regardless of his contractual obligations.

Anyone who defends this, or tries to obfuscate by asserting there are ulterior motives, needs to give their head a rather violent wobble.

Word of the day without doubt ?

38 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The guy signed a 2 year contract, tried to force his way out barely a quarter of the way through it and then barely lifted a leg thereafter.

Doesn't show a lot of respect for the people he has left behind IMO.

Fair enough. Personally I think he’s entitled to force a move if AL violates the terms of the contract by not honouring his wages on time.

10 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Fair enough. Personally I think he’s entitled to force a move if AL violates the terms of the contract by not honouring his wages on time.

Can you imagine a Peter Clarke or a Dan Gardner coming out with something like this? I can't because they are proper professionals.

This kind of self promotion masquerading as telling it straight, as if their words are going to somehow shame the owner into acting differently.

The club is a shambles and has been for years - I don't see how anyone could dispute that. I personally find the best way to deal with it, is just to accept it and make peace with the fact. What really surprises me every time it happens though is how some people turn on the messenger, whoever that may be.

There have been various rumours or stories written off as garbage by some who, when they're later confirmed as being correct, immediately come out with, "We knew that, it's old news, etc". With his history of clubs, I reckon Davies knows how a 'normal' one would function yet his comments are challenged because he had a shit second half to a season after being declined a move. I daresay it wasn't the first time that happened to him but this is probably the first time he's felt the need to speak out.

The club's a shambles and that's the way it is right now. Arguing otherwise just seems ridiculous.

Although this statement has been made by Craig Davies this will reflect feelings of those within the club last season about the Owner's management style.He is one of the few that can make such a statement,as he is free from contractual obligations with the club. Are these management techniques that the Trust think will move the club forward ?

20 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

The club is a shambles and has been for years - I don't see how anyone could dispute that. I personally find the best way to deal with it, is just to accept it and make peace with the fact. What really surprises me every time it happens though is how some people turn on the messenger, whoever that may be.

There have been various rumours or stories written off as garbage by some who, when they're later confirmed as being correct, immediately come out with, "We knew that, it's old news, etc". With his history of clubs, I reckon Davies knows how a 'normal' one would function yet his comments are challenged because he had a shit second half to a season after being declined a move. I daresay it wasn't the first time that happened to him but this is probably the first time he's felt the need to speak out.

The club's a shambles and that's the way it is right now. Arguing otherwise just seems ridiculous.

Don’t understand the mentality behind the people who refuse to accept any of this as truth, or try to twist it into an alterior motive... Very bizarre. 

3 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Don’t understand the mentality behind the people who refuse to accept any of this as truth, or try to twist it into an alterior motive... Very bizarre. 

Speaking of ulterior motives, the new owner seems to be coming under constant attack in a way the previous one never did...

48 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

I get what you're saying, but the whole premise of supporting a football club is about getting wound up about things you can't control.

Who knows?  That anger might be useful at some point in the same way it was for Charlton and Blackpool fans relatively recently..

Archived