Ex players and that

8 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Fascinating article on Medi Abalimba… and fame for @oafcprozac and @BP1960, quoted in it. 

https://theathletic.com/5032306/2023/11/07/medi-abalimba-the-astonishing-story-of-a-football-fraudster/

Original thread is 

Think the mods may want to lock that or put it behind a special Athletic paywall as it appears to be linked in the article.

46 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Original thread is 

Think the mods may want to lock that or put it behind a special Athletic paywall as it appears to be linked in the article.

Other than the Abalimba stuff, interesting to see the comments on future premier league midfielder Dale Stephens! 

23 minutes ago, Ackey said:

Thanks! 

@Matt Something worth your thoughts here mate.

As this is classed as social media these days, not BBS or whatever, I think it comes under that umbrella. So, OWTB doesn't own the content anyone posts. OWTB provides a platform, and that's it.

• Like 1

A square peg in a round hole?

Under the right manager and in his favoured position I think he would have been decent.

He probably spoke out and was subsequently alienated, I’m not saying he was perfect but neither were Unsworth’s ridiculously negative tactics!

32 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Good player.

did a reasonsble job totally out of ppsition for a while and finally got pissed off about it.

thinking aboit it as l type DU's treatment of Rooney and Vaughan coupled with the terribble Football highlights his massive fllaw as a manager.

If he’s that good why has he had so many clubs….😬

It’s a great goal and all credit to Rooney for spotting the opportunity and having a go. There is though a reason (apart from the obvious) why goals like that one, Beckham’s and even Pele’s famous near miss are so memorable - they occur rarely.

If the goalkeeper hadn’t been so far off his line, Rooney wouldn’t have scored. I’ll be told I’m out of touch with the modern game, but I always worry when a keeper strays outside the six yard box!

11 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

It’s a great goal and all credit to Rooney for spotting the opportunity and having a go. There is though a reason (apart from the obvious) why goals like that one, Beckham’s and even Pele’s famous near miss are so memorable - they occur rarely.

If the goalkeeper hadn’t been so far off his line, Rooney wouldn’t have scored. I’ll be told I’m out of touch with the modern game, but I always worry when a keeper strays outside the six yard box!

I once scored from in my ow n half for OASIS vs the Supporters Association before a match at Selhurst Park.  It was not a great indicator of a football talent!

34 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I once scored from in my ow n half for OASIS vs the Supporters Association before a match at Selhurst Park.  It was not a great indicator of a football talent!

The very same venue, I think Wimbledon were playing their home games there at the time. Look what you might have achieved!

53 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Me too. Hudson seems a bit too keen to come out of the penalty area at times. 

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

The very same venue, I think Wimbledon were playing their home games there at the time. Look what you might have achieved!

Mine was at Crystal Palace sports centre, before a Latics match at Selhurst Park in the afternoon.  I know we won in the morning; I don't need to check to know that we didn't in the afternoon.