Ex players and that

41 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

41 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

BP rated him I think and wanted him in the first team squad...

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

BP rated him I think and wanted him in the first team squad...

No I didn't. The only youths I rated were Harry Vaughan and now Alfie Atherton.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

No I didn't. The only youths I rated were Harry Vaughan and now Alfie Atherton.

Anyone know what's going on with him?

Supposedly very impressive when he first moved to Hull.

This season he failed to make the squad for a while, then when he did he couldn't get off the bench. Was shipped out to Bristol Rovers in league 1 and is a bench warmer again for them not really featuring much?

2 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

This season he failed to make the squad for a while, then when he did he couldn't get off the bench. Was shipped out to Bristol Rovers in league 1 and is a bench warmer again for them not really featuring much?

Work with a Hull fan he's really liked and they still think he'll do well. Apparently they made some really good signings in his position. No idea about Bristol Rovers.

Edited by longtimeblue
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

hull picked him. loved him. buzzed over him. then signed loadsa established players to play instead.

like you do 🙄

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Plenty of time for him, still only 19yo.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Like Walker here.

13 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Perhaps he isn't as good as lorded on here. I certainly didn't see HV as the answer for our woes when many did. Not saying he's garbage and that he doesn't have some future in the game however, for me not the giddy heights some on here loudly proclaimed. 

13 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Work with a Hull fan he's really liked and they still think he'll do well. Apparently they made some really good signings in his position. No idea about Bristol Rovers.

11 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

hull picked him. loved him. buzzed over him. then signed loadsa established players to play instead.

like you do 🙄

Jaden Philogene being the prime example.

He's scored another very good goal this season as well. Signed in late August.

7 hours ago, Lags said:

Perhaps he isn't as good as lorded on here. I certainly didn't see HV as the answer for our woes when many did. Not saying he's garbage and that he doesn't have some future in the game however, for me not the giddy heights some on here loudly proclaimed. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

he is fuckin mega let it go

7 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

You can't escape the infamous Lee Sinnott bookmark list @BP1960. We've all come a cropper by being embarrassed by a decade-old post from time to time.

not me. usually bc l highlight all my mistakes myself and make badges out of them.

1973/74 Title-Winning Reunion - 50th anniversary

Players from Latics' 1973/74 Third Division championship win will return to Boundary Park on the evening of Friday 19 April.

The reunion takes place the day before the league fixture against Wealdstone, which marks exactly half a century since Jimmy Frizzell’s side secured promotion with a 6-0 victory over Huddersfield.

Latics went on to secure the Third Division title on the final day of the regular season at Plymouth.

Of the 19 who played during that season, there are 14 surviving members, with all but two due to be in attendance.

Attending will be Ian Wood, Ronnie Blair, Alan McNeill, Ian Robins, Tony Bailey, George McVitie, Paul Edwards, Keith Hicks, Mike Lester, George Jones, Chris Ogden, and Colin Garwood.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Players from Latics' 1973/74 Third Division championship win will return to Boundary Park on the evening of Friday 19 April.

The reunion takes place the day before the league fixture against Wealdstone, which marks exactly half a century since Jimmy Frizzell’s side secured promotion with a 6-0 victory over Huddersfield.

Latics went on to secure the Third Division title on the final day of the regular season at Plymouth.

Of the 19 who played during that season, there are 14 surviving members, with all but two due to be in attendance.

Attending will be Ian Wood, Ronnie Blair, Alan McNeill, Ian Robins, Tony Bailey, George McVitie, Paul Edwards, Keith Hicks, Mike Lester, George Jones, Chris Ogden, and Colin Garwood.

Shame the great Maurice Whittle won't be there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Aaron Amadi-Holloway in team of the week at centre back. How longs he been playing that position for ? 

He started there and was moved forward. I think @BP1960 was an advocate of playing him there while we were struggling defensively.

On 3/12/2024 at 3:28 PM, LaticMark said:

Thanks,  I will be sorry to miss that.

I remember Chris Ogden as a fellow apprentice at Avro's, though he left fairly sharpish to concentrate on his football, I think.

His father Fred, also played for Oldham in goal, in the 1950's.  He did a lot of local coaching and was the kind of man who always treated players the same, talented or not.  I remember him with great affection,  as one of the duffers.