Wigan (A)

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

But he IS Haiti's number 1.

I'd be very surprised if he's actually on Tinder. 

Is there no room for factual football chants in this post truth era? 

Whatever floats your boat I guess. 

Personally, anything that distracts me from-

A. Fighting for 17th.

B. Conceding. Again.

or C, Wishing I stayed at home. 

Is a welcome addition to my ‘matchday’ Experience. ?

38 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Would anyone be against 451 this Friday?

I know RW likes his 442, but taking all our fixtures into account I think this can be classed as a 'free game', where we can try it out.

Placide

Hunt - Gerrard - Bryan - Moimbe

McLaughlin - Fane - Gardner - Pringle

Byrne

Doyle

We should be able to knock it about on their pitch. 

A repeat of Blackburn for me, hopefully with us holding on this time... 

For me that midfield is too weak.

Mclaughlin was terrible against Portsmouth-my thoughts about Fane are already on record. I would change it about more. Play Edmundson alongside Gerrard if he is fit again and move Bryan into midfield and bring  McEleney in. Not bothered about Hunt/Dummigan.

Nothing to lose against these-can't understand the optimism about this game when we have been so poor recently.

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

For me that midfield is too weak.

Mclaughlin was terrible against Portsmouth-my thoughts about Fane are already on record. I would change it about more. Play Edmundson alongside Gerrard if he is fit again and move Bryan into midfield and bring  McEleney in. Not bothered about Hunt/Dummigan.

Nothing to lose against these-can't understand the optimism about this game when we have been so poor recently.

Because we always get something when we have no chance. 

Following this, we then revert to type and usually take 1 point from 9 in the next three. 

On 27/03/2018 at 4:48 PM, Flemboy said:

We are getting the 916am from Piccadilly  so should be in the nearby Wetherspoons  by 10 am. Looking forwards to a good day out and a 1-2 win.

I don’t get such optimism The pub will be overcrowded, the beer warm and shit. That’s after the 1 hour delayed train. And then we’ll get tonked 8-0. Stay in bed mate there is no light ... in fact there is no fucking tunnel either. Don’t bother. 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

9 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I don’t get such optism. The pub will be overcrowded, the beer warm and shit. That’s after the 1 hour delayed train. And then we’ll get tonked 8-0. Stay in bed mate there is no light ... in fact there is no fucking tunnel either. Don’t bother. 

We're doomed,........all doomed ay tell yee Captain

Agree about the cringeworthy chanting.

As for the team, I feel Nazon needs to start. His pace frightens defences. It's something we don't have when he isn't playing and it scared the shit out of Blackburn and Bury (when we actually got the ball to his feet). How we fit him in though is the conundrum. Add to that, this midfield needs to get Byrne the ball in places he can hurt teams. That means Fane and Gardner stepping up to the plate coz they've been way off it lately.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

As for the team, I feel Nazon needs to start. His pace frightens defences. It's something we don't have when he isn't playing and it scared the shit out of Blackburn and Bury (when we actually got the ball to his feet). How we fit him in though is the conundrum. Add to that, this midfield needs to get Byrne the ball in places he can hurt teams. That means Fane and Gardner stepping up to the plate coz they've been way off it lately.

Some might say Byrne has been way off it lately? 

25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Some might say Byrne has been way off it lately? 

I feel that has been down to having to come deep to help out others not doing their jobs. Amount of times he's been in our own half trying to pick a pass...he wants to be further up the pitch doing it IMO.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Think Gardner has been one of the better players in recent matches to be honest! Only player who seemed to give a toss against Portsmouth

52 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Think Gardner has been one of the better players in recent matches to be honest! Only player who seemed to give a toss against Portsmouth

Have to agree to disagree on that one. He's been a bit like Banks...does a lot of running around. Looks busy which does win some over. Actual effectiveness tho, very little IMO. Hasn't help to push the team forward...merely sideways or backwards. There's a good player in there but only shown it for small spells this season sadly.

44 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Have to agree to disagree on that one. He's been a bit like Banks...does a lot of running around. Looks busy which does win some over. Actual effectiveness tho, very little IMO. Hasn't help to push the team forward...merely sideways or backwards. There's a good player in there but only shown it for small spells this season sadly.

I thought we were getting an attacking midfielder who loved having a shot and would chip in with some goals, been a bit disappointed with him on the whole.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I thought we were getting an attacking midfielder who loved having a shot and would chip in with some goals, been a bit disappointed with him on the whole.

Agree and you could probably say the same for Pringle barring the equaliser at Bury.

Bryne is such a big player for us but unfortunately I've not seen him have a good game for some time, largely down to Wellens playing him out of position. Bryne is a no.10, nothing else so we need to play him there.

Unfortunatly that would mean one up top and Doyle struggles by himself.