The Loanees

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/12/2017 at 3:44 PM, HarryBosch said:

How do you quantify the value of the goals Doyle will score? 

Difficult.

You could make the argument that if its only a loan extension, and we are still in League One at the end of the season then the value is 0

If we sign him, then the increase in asset value could be significant.

If we sign him and he scores the goals that take us to the Play-offs and promotion - priceless 

Can’t help but feel like Wellens is talking bollocks on Byrne there - mentions two goals against Northampton and then says “it’s a long time without a goal” it was 3 games ago - if he thinks that’s a drought thank Christ he never saw McKay! Byrne tries to do too much but is head and shoulders above everyone in this team with the ball at his feet - his first goal at Northampton was something like a 15 pass move that he started, finished and touched the ball about another 3 times in between.

im a huge Wellens supporter but definitely sounds like toys out of pram in that interview

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Can’t help but feel like Wellens is talking bollocks on Byrne there - mentions two goals against Northampton and then says “it’s a long time without a goal” it was 3 games ago - if he thinks that’s a drought thank Christ he never saw McKay! Byrne tries to do too much but is head and shoulders above everyone in this team with the ball at his feet - his first goal at Northampton was something like a 15 pass move that he started, finished and touched the ball about another 3 times in between.

im a huge Wellens supporter but definitely sounds like toys out of pram in that interview

Yes...as i said..he is showing signs of cracking under the pressure already.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He must know the takeover is off Riggo.

Dark clouds indeed.

If he knows it’s off why would he bother saying we could do with it being done first week of January?

I appreciate that’s only 2 days away after weeks of silence following the 4-6 week deadline I’ll be amazed if we hear anything at all

Edited by Buckshawlatic

3 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

If he knows it’s off why would he bother saying we could do with it being done first week of January?

I appreciate that’s only 2 days away after weeks of silence following the 4-6 week deadline I’ll be amazed if we hear anything at all

I don't think Deyers was being serious about the takeover falling through, more a reference to Rigsby's glass half empty approach to all things Latics.

I'm pretty sure it's still on at the moment. Abdallah was at the game on Boxing Day.

Maybe he's talking Byrne down in a hope that no one comes in for him in January so he could end up with us. Plus, as has been mentioned on here previously, his effectiveness has been greatly reduced in the last few matches when he's tried too much on the ball and not enough off it. After all, and I know this may come as a shock to some of us, our manager probably knows a little more about pro football than us no matter how long we've been watching or how many grounds we've visited. 

1 minute ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Maybe he's talking Byrne down in a hope that no one comes in for him in January so he could end up with us. Plus, as has been mentioned on here previously, his effectiveness has been greatly reduced in the last few matches when he's tried too much on the ball and not enough off it. After all, and I know this may come as a shock to some of us, our manager probably knows a little more about pro football than us no matter how long we've been watching or how many grounds we've visited. 

You'd be surprised, some managers know less than experienced fans.