Charlton away

49 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Unfortunately the rot has well and truly set in.

This takeover business is rapidly destroying the season-

The best case scenario is we avoid relegation and eventually the takeover is completed and we look ahead to next season with some optimism.

The worst case scenario is not even worth contemplating.

I don't think any of us can match Rigsby when it comes to unrelenting optimism. 

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

I don't think any of us can match Rigsby when it comes to unrelenting optimism. 

But obvs you didnt read some of my posts earlier in the season when we actually looked a decent side then!!

When i see reasons for optimism believe me i will post them!!

It all about opinions and unfortunately some folk dont like reading the truth!!

1 minute ago, rigsby said:

But obvs you didnt read some of my posts earlier in the season when we actually looked a decent side then!!

When i see reasons for optimism believe me i will post them!!

It all about opinions and unfortunately some folk dont like reading the truth!!

Fair enough. I'm only prepared to look 1 game ahead at the moment as the good old cliche puts it. So looking at tomorrow, Charlton are six games without a win. What can possibly go wrong?!

15 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Fair enough. I'm only prepared to look 1 game ahead at the moment as the good old cliche puts it. So looking at tomorrow, Charlton are six games without a win. What can possibly go wrong?!

Latics , that's what can go wrong!!

Sooner be playing a team that's won 6 on the bounce,  we always break teams runs which ever way it is.

48 minutes ago, Wardie said:

It's all subjective though, isn't it? Come the end of the day this Monday and the takeover could be complete, the new players registered and off we go...maybe. I think what is destroying the season is not winning games and that, to me, is nothing to do with the takeover.

Anyway, here's a cheery link...
Goals, Goals, Goals!!

Hopefully, the link works.

To shez’s music too! How many of them are first to react, expecting the unexpected, poachers goals 

For one reason or another, this will be my first game of the season. I actually think we can win it. Well, I've not seen us lose yet this season, have I?

The only worry is if Placide gets injured as I don't think we'll have a keeper on the bench. Now, where are my old boots?

Believe it or not, I'm really looking forward to it.

16 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

For one reason or another, this will be my first game of the season. I actually think we can win it. Well, I've not seen us lose yet this season, have I?

The only worry is if Placide gets injured as I don't think we'll have a keeper on the bench. Now, where are my old boots?

Hope we get something from it for you Bristol, you’ve missed enough localish matches (I’m not holding my breath though!). 

9 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

This is exactly what we need. A stand-in keeper who goes full old skool by not wearing gloves. 

His outfield days might be behind him...as, alas, are mine...but he could still do a job for us if Dickfingers gets injured (very unlikely) or sent off (50% chance every game). 

Anyone else taking their boots today?  

Karl Robinson was having a go at Pep in the press on Thursday after Pep was moaning about having to play so many matches in a short time and having a couple of players injured. Robinson was saying he should try managing lower down the league as he has 8 starters out injured. 

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Thanks for posting this. As we have 3 other midfielders on the bench I don't really understand the need to bring back Banks and add a 4th. Great to see Kyeremeh back, could be like a new signing. McLaughlin must have picked up a knock? Like everyone else, I'm wondering what happened to Osei. 

The futures of a few of these players are uncertain at the moment especially with Wellens looking to bring in 3 or 4 new recruits and rumours the takeover is to be completed next week. They should all be busting a gut to impress and give a worthwhile performance even if their future lies elsewhere!

4 hours ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

This is exactly what we need. A stand-in keeper who goes full old skool by not wearing gloves. 

His outfield days might be behind him...as, alas, are mine...but he could still do a job for us if Dickfingers gets injured (very unlikely) or sent off (50% chance every game). 

Anyone else taking their boots today?  

I was never an outfielder player. Keeper or nothing. And I've left my boots at home.