Coventry after Davies??

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We deserve to be in a relegation scrap if we sell Davies.

We've literally bemoaned the fact for years that we never seem to sign strikers who can consistently find the net. Here we have one, who is in fantastic goal scoring form and we might be letting him go to a League Two club.

Really hope this doesn't happen.

13 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

We deserve to be in a relegation scrap if we sell Davies.

We've literally bemoaned the fact for years that we never seem to sign strikers who can consistently find the net. Here we have one, who is in fantastic goal scoring form and we might be letting him go to a League Two club.

Really hope this doesn't happen.

Hear hear. I’m one of the few  that actually likes AAH but if one HAS to go it has to be him surely ! 

22 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Having one of his best scoring seasons in years to drop a division mid way through? Would be a very strange decision by him 

We let Jim Beardall move to Great Harwood many years ago, and I think he scored 13 goals before Christmas.

Edited by BP1960

Letting your best striker go to a team in the division below doesn’t exactly state ambitious club under positive new ownership. I’d be disappointed, I’m sure even those who don’t rate Davies will admit he’s outperformed their expectations in the goals department this year. I can’t see any logic behind this, we won’t easily replace his contribution. 

I've just read about CCFC wanting Davies.I woi

II would tell them in no uncertain terms to get lost.Some on here have criticised him and last Weds I was unfortunately sat next to  a pillock in the Main stand who slagged him off until I'd  had enough and said a few words to him.

3 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

II would tell them in no uncertain terms to get lost.Some on here have criticised him and last Weds I was unfortunately sat next to  a pillock in the Main stand who slagged him off until I'd  had enough and said a few words to him.

People would rather see him run around than score goals 

30 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

A main stand moaner? I’m not having that. 

I said in early January we appeared to be clearing the decks. If Davies is included in that program I am taking it as a positive. Maybe the club have an option to sell either him or Holloway. Davies's goals v Holloway's heading, holdup and layoff skills.

It all depends on the coach, finances or both who materializes as our additional up front introduction. Who knows what exactly was meant in Garrard's cryptic Tweet?!

Eleven days remaining!

I cannot see the sense in selling Davies. I said last week that this season we’ve had 2 strikers who have both scored goals. Something we haven’t had for years!

Admittedly one of them was only on loan and he’s unavailable due to unfortunate circumstances, but Davies is ours AND he’s scoring goals for fun. 

You can guarantee that if he goes it will be for a nominal fee, because Latics always seem to have their head turned by a bit of money, but how many goals is Holloway going to get? How many would Jonson Clarke-Harris get if he is to be his replacement? Impossible to say, but their respective goal scoring records are pretty abysmal I would say for so called strikers.

The only way that it could be in any way a good move is that if it’s the only way to finance a permanent move for Doyle.

After all, he’s the only player to have scored more goals for Latics this season than Davies, and the only one likely to I would say.

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Well, from what I have heard, Wellens has been touting most of the squad around to other managers this window...

Well tbh we are where we are for a reason ( in the table ) and our best players have mostly been  the loanees. If the replacements continue to be as good as yer Byrne’s and Doyles (fingers crossed) I’m happy to lose the likes of the vastly overrated McLaughlin’s of this world. 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Well tbh we are where we are for a reason ( in the table ) and our best players have mostly been  the loanees. If the replacements continue to be as good as yer Byrne’s and Doyles (fingers crossed) I’m happy to lose the likes of the vastly overrated McLaughlin’s of this world. 

Ryan Mac, in particular, has been touted around. Genuinely shocked at a couple of clubs who are keen on him...

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Ryan Mac, in particular, has been touted around. Genuinely shocked at a couple of clubs who are keen on him...

Contract due up in July so atleast wellens is trying to get him out heard he has refused to sign a new deal so makes sense. Few teams in championship want him don’t they? 

1 minute ago, adamoafc said:

Contract due up in July so atleast wellens is trying to get him out heard he has refused to sign a new deal so makes sense. Few teams in championship want him don’t they? 

I wouldn’t be concerned to see him go. I think he stood out for a very brief period in a shite team tbh. Average player for me , think we can get better. Surprised if championship teams come in for him. Seems to be what Sinnott Is insinuating amd I tend to trust what info he gives us.