Bury (A)

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd always favour cadre over cabal.

#thesauruslads

A cadre is more organised than a cabal isn't it? 

The members of the Away Support Ebola Cabal don't necessarily even know each other. 

If it was just the Athletico's I'd give you your cadre. They've got Capo's and everything.... 

1 hour ago, BFC1885 said:

Millwall of the north? Great.

Just about to leave for Paris so should I board up our house before we go or will your 1980s section manage to keep their hands to themselves?

You should be ok hooliganism these days doesnt tend to involve too many punches or bottles thrown just a few idiots standing with their arms wide open shouting come on to the other lot while hoping someone holds them back. Its more like an aggressive game of tig.

Enjoy Paris

• Like 2

5 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

That's the thing that got me about Blackburn. Looking around at some of the daytrippers, it did have me thinking it'd be nice if a few of them turned up to Boundary Park more than once in a blue moon. You could tell there were a good few hundred there that have barely seen inside the ground at Oldham in a while. I just hope the upsurge in form and enjoyment entices them to spend twenty odd quid on us than giving it to a less-in-need Blackburn. I can dream I suppose.

Away trips are seen as a good day out, home games don't hold much pre game attraction. 

For example I'm going to Bury 4 hours before the kick off, at home its usually half an hour before when I set off.

Maybe the new board can look into that aspect?

Edited by BP1960

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Away trips are seen as a good day out, home games don't hold much pre game attraction. 

For example I'm going to Bury 4 hours before the kick off, at home its usually half an hour before when I set off.

Spot on, i’ll be in Bury for 11:30 and set off for home games at 14:15, I go with someone disabled so walking isn’t much of an option, i’d go at dinner time spending money if there was a supporters club with sky sports.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, daniel said:

Spot on, i’ll be in Bury for 11:30 and set off for home games at 14:15, I go with someone disabled so walking isn’t much of an option, i’d go at dinner time spending money if there was a supporters club with sky sports.

this 

24 minutes ago, daniel said:

A supporters bar now there is an idea if only the club knew we wanted one.

29 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Offer to play both our home and away fixtures at the opposition's ground so the fans can have a day out every week?

The board should look into the problem of getting people through gates for home games, but I'd be amazed if they solve it..

47 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Move house?

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

You should be ok hooliganism these days doesnt tend to involve too many punches or bottles thrown just a few idiots standing with their arms wide open shouting come on to the other lot while hoping someone holds them back. Its more like an aggressive game of tig.

Enjoy Paris

Aggressive game of tig. ?

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

A cadre is more organised than a cabal isn't it? 

The members of the Away Support Ebola Cabal don't necessarily even know each other. 

If it was just the Athletico's I'd give you your cadre. They've got Capo's and everything.... 

Coterie? 

15 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

This pub is nearer to their ground (walking) than the town centre is. Didn't have Sky when I went in last season, though. 

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/bury_news/16077690.Paper_Mill_pub_in_Pilsworth_reopens_after_six_figure_overhaul/?ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Wouldn’t reommend it myself. I’ve  always found it grubby and full of snotty nosed little kids ( got rid of mine for the day don’t want other people’s ) due to there being a wacky warehouse attached. There can’t be much in it regards the walking distance Medic ? I’m also pretty sure they don’t have sky sports but not been in for  a good while 

edit

durr, I didn’t read the article where it says it’s been done up so maybe not grubby anymore. Just saw it was the papermill 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

4 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Wouldn’t recommend it myself. I’ve  always found it grubby and full of snotty nosed little kids ( got rid of mine for the day don’t want other people’s ) due to there being a wacky warehouse attached. There can’t be much in it regards the walking distance Medic ? I’m also pretty sure they don’t have sky sports but not been in for  a good while 

Wasn't very full of snotty nose kids the last time I was in but it was after the game. 

It's one of those chain pubs that are much of a muchness. Very similar to the pub by Scunny's ground. 

Doubt it will be Dickhead central either. 

4 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Wasn't very full of snotty nose kids the last time I was in but it was after the game. 

It's one of those chain pubs that are much of a muchness. Very similar to the pub by Scunny's ground. 

Doubt it will be Dickhead central either. 

Anyone who has been in the pub next to Scunny will now give the papermill a wide berth. 

Could I also put the one next to Wigan in the same category, awful soulless places.

37 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

What’s happened to the trust initiative

ie. a supporters bar in the North Stand?

The landlords did all they could to kaibosh it and it’s all gone very quiet since - still keep meaning to piss on Gazal and Blitz’s golden bricks