Scunny away...

17 hours ago, rosa said:

Could be wrong but I think you have to give the police 10 days' notice.

Couldn't be arsed going long before the bad weather to be honest.

Don’t think the 10 day thing is a fixed rule. Cheltenham’s game for Saturday has been postponed and moved to next Tuesday night. Think it depends on the police force and other things in the local area. I would imagine though that greater Manchester police have more to police event and football wise than the Cheltenham force. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They do seem to be doing all they can to get it on. Supposed to be going. Will decide tomorrow...

The game will be on the pitch is cleared and all the surrounding areas are being worked on as we speak, amazing what a little forward planning and organisation can acheive.

They’ve just posted a time lapse video, the pitch is clear and playable, they are working on the surrounding areas now. Surely they have to bear in mind the rest of the route? M62 still blocked, and i’m sure the M18 was bad yesterday.

21 minutes ago, daniel said:

They’ve just posted a time lapse video, the pitch is clear and playable, they are working on the surrounding areas now. Surely they have to bear in mind the rest of the route? M62 still blocked, and i’m sure the M18 was bad yesterday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SUFCOfficial/status/969535239411388416/photo/1

They are giving it their best shot ?

If tomorrow’s game is postponed, Wellens confirmed that it would be re-scheduled for this coming Tuesday (March 6).

“If it is called off it’s not a big deal because we can play on Tuesday,” said Wellens.

“We have asked that question and there would be no problem with that.

“There’s a better forecast for Sunday, so it would be 100-per-cent on, on Tuesday.

“We obviously want the game to go ahead tomorrow, but if it isn’t it’s not a problem. We won’t need to arrange it for April or anything like that

“We’re very hopeful, though I know it is a difficult trip for our supporters up there.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They do seem to be doing all they can to get it on. Supposed to be going. Will decide tomorrow...

must fancy 3 points is nailed on and they want to take advantage of the teams around them not playing. reminds me of our game against Blackburn in the 80's and we all know what happened then:)

Everything is fine at Scunny’s end if nothing changes. M62 due to open at midnight or when the winds drop to below 60mph up at Rishworth moor, other than that the A62 to Huddersfield is passable with care where you can join the M62. I’m going to brave it out, 3 weeks with no football has swayed my decision.

11 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Fair play to Scunny. They haven't just given up with this game and have really tried to get it on...

I’ve seen at least 3 updates on their Official Site today as well, crazy bastards, keeping their fans up to date....

Edited by daniel

21 hours ago, super_blue said:

Don’t think the 10 day thing is a fixed rule. Cheltenham’s game for Saturday has been postponed and moved to next Tuesday night. Think it depends on the police force and other things in the local area. I would imagine though that greater Manchester police have more to police event and football wise than the Cheltenham force. 

Steady on, Cheltenham can be worse than LA south central.........

:lol:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Steady on, Cheltenham can be worse than LA south central.........

:lol:

I had a look what's happening on the "Cheltenham Rocks" website. It's feisty stuff. Top of the bill is a snowdrop open day. You could also have an adrenaline fuelled trip to Primrose Vale Farm Shop - all police leave cancelled as they have a sale on spring greens.

38 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

GAME ON! Following a light dusting of snow at Glanford Park, the referee has taken a precautionary look at the pitch and is satisfied therefore today’s game against @SUFCOfficial will go ahead. #oafc

Thanks for the update, fancy a part time job updating the official latics website in times of bad weather?  They pay may be late and shit when you get it but you would be helping the community have a positive interaction with latics.