Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18-19 Slovakian Premier League 1st Tier     4 goals 5 start, 17  games. Finished 2nd bottom.

17-18 French Nat 2                             4th Tier  11 goals 12 starts 19 games. Fimished 7th

16-17 French Nat 3                              5th tier     1 goal  1 start 3 apps.

Problem with all these foreign players is, we haven't a clue who they are or what they are like. We have no affinity with them at all. They will all take time to adapt to L2, especially n the depth of winter, and hey will also have to adapt to a different culture in England. Both will be very difficult for them.

30 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

We are going to start the season without replacing Clarke, aren't we?

The Lemsagam's have made it clear - as far as I see it - that Sefil is Clarke's replacement. Tis he who MoLo wanted Scholes to play & drop Clarke for shouting at his #FrenchLads.

6 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Problem with all these foreign players is, we haven't a clue who they are or what they are like. We have no affinity with them at all. They will all take time to adapt to L2, especially n the depth of winter, and hey will also have to adapt to a different culture in England. Both will be very difficult for them.

Not sure that is a fair argument.

We've had crap players we'd heard of turning up and enhanced their reputation of being crap: O'Grady, Coke, Banks.'s signings.

And we've had players turning up with a "good"-ish reputation and still turned out to be crap: Dunn, Ruddy, Benyu, Pringle, McEleney, Cassidy.

Let's give these foreign lads a bit of leeway. 

17 minutes ago, al_bro said:

They have seemed to take almost a season to get used to L2 don't they. As Harry says you wouldn't mind one ot two, but they seem to be the nucleus of the squad.

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

We've had crap players we'd heard of turning up and enhanced their reputation of being crap: O'Grady, Coke, Banks.'s signings.

And we've had players turning up with a "good"-ish reputation and still turned out to be crap: Dunn, Ruddy, Benyu, Pringle, McEleney, Cassidy.

It's clearly not all foreign lads, plenty are in the leagues above, it's the calibre that we are signing with increased regularity.

14 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Ridiculous logic.

Our greatest ever 100 players, you might get 2-3 foreigners in there tops.

32 minutes ago, al_bro said:

No problem - our head coach and his assistant will be able to tell them all they need to know about  L2.

Its obvious to anyone that vera isnt up to it, throw in a load of other unknowns and you have a recipe for disaster. Swapping a leader like Clarke with years of experience in higher leagues with selfie is a ridiculous risk. I cant believe that ml or AL actually believe this could ever be successful? If so what are their intentions, the whole situation is bizarre!

Some fucking hotel bill to put this lot up and feed them, I'm presuming none live local? Maybe that explains the increase in budget.

As for the standard of these players I keep hearing the tripe about AL + ML using their contacts and them unearthing a gem, well AL and probably more pertinently ML have been involved for two years now starting off with Placide etc... has any of them players gone for a single penny or commanded any sort of transfer fee? I can't think of one so where the fuck is this valuable knowledge and know how then, unfortunately we are all in with the clowns players this season and we have to hope a squad of mainly foreign misfits somehow have enough to keep us in League 2 this season.

JOY.

19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Ridiculous logic.

Our greatest ever 100 players, you might get 2-3 foreigners in there tops.

Ridiculous argument also......total up the number of players who've played for this club and I reckon 2 to 3% came from continental Europe and beyond.

21 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Its obvious to anyone that vera isnt up to it, throw in a load of other unknowns and you have a recipe for disaster. Swapping a leader like Clarke with years of experience in higher leagues with selfie is a ridiculous risk. I cant believe that ml or AL actually believe this could ever be successful? If so what are their intentions, the whole situation is bizarre!

Who is Selfie? 

1 hour ago, OAFC1984 said:

The two keepers seem solid enough but they will need to be the way our defence is shaping up 

Problem is we will only be able to play one of them.I suppose when ML blames first choice for conceding too many,a good no 2 can be thrown into the lions den.

8 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Ridiculous argument also......total up the number of players who've played for this club and I reckon 2 to 3% came from continental Europe and beyond.

Think the clowns would gain more respect if they just said they haven't got a pot to piss in so we are going to have to blood the youth.

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think the clowns would gain more respect if they just said they haven't got a pot to piss in so we are going to have to blood the youth.

Hmmm….Who said "You don't win anything with kids"?

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

Hmmm….Who said "You don't win anything with kids"?

We won't be winning anything in the near future so I'd rather see a team of lads with some semblance of affinity to the club donning the shirt.

Once the transfer window closes we are stuck with what we have, good enough or not. There must be plenty of loans still to come in, lets hope a CB is one of them, and not a young lad from a Prem or Championship club who has yet to play league football..

Archived