Jack Byrne ❤️

11 hours ago, disjointed said:

I'm a glass half full sort of person but the way we have been playing, it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that we end up with jack shit from the next 3 games. 

So you are not a glass half full sort of person then ?.

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

It would be best all round. 

He gets a move.

We free up his wage.

everybody moves on.

Bored of the saga now. 

I agree... really want him back... but..

13 hours ago, disjointed said:

I'm a glass half full sort of person but the way we have been playing, it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that we end up with jack shit from the next 3 games. 

?

Edited by kowenicki

31 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I think we all want Jack Byrne

‘the footballer’ back, it’s Jack Byrne the person we don’t want!

Sure, he’s had his problems, of his own making too. 

But i I know people who have known Byrne from the time he started kicking a football. Claims he’s a “bad egg” are greatly exaggerated.  

8 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

But i I know people who have known Byrne from the time he started kicking a football. Claims he’s a “bad egg” are greatly exaggerated.  

People who knew Hitler probably thought he was ok too 

Just now, archiecat said:

Nice Analogy :applause1:

Obviously not comparing Jack to a tyrannical lunatic but the previous posters point of people who grew up with him saying hes great doesn’t carry much gravitas. Your mates will 9 times out of 10 back you even if youre the biggest bell going. Im sure we all know one 

4 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Obviously not comparing Jack to a tyrannical lunatic but the previous posters point of people who grew up with him saying hes great doesn’t carry much gravitas. Your mates will 9 times out of 10 back you even if youre the biggest bell going. Im sure we all know one 

People involved in the game, who have followed his career, whose opinion I trust - not childhood friends - have told me he’s a good lad overall.

I don’t know him personally, just passing on what I’ve been told that goes against the bad egg theory somewhat. 

2 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I think that their opinion of him should have some value, i have never met the lad so in person he could be a nice bloke or a total knobhead.

Obviously there has been documented evidence of fall outs previously but we shouldn't believe everything we read in the media, the internet holds the biggest collection of untruths imaginable.

People say it will all come out eventually, i am not too sure about that.

4 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

People involved in the game, who have followed his career, whose opinion I trust - not childhood friends - have told me he’s a good lad overall.

I don’t know him personally, just passing on what I’ve been told that goes against the bad egg theory somewhat. 

Fair enough.  But what do they see that Blackburn and Wigan didn’t and couldn’t wait to get rid?

I would love the loan Jack Byrne back in this team as I absolutely loved seeing him play but at the time I was laughing my cock off at several Wigan supporting mates at them letting such a player go and every single one said “wait and see”

there is obviously something wrong with the lad and its time to actually look at him rather than “the world is against Jack Byrne”

2 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I'd class him as a good lad whose easily influenced and the clique he was part of played a very large part in getting this club relegated when it really shouldn't have, he's fortunate  to be blessed with a ton of ability but it's unfortunate that he can't focus on that instead of being the clown that he invariably is, probably thinks he's a right lad but I will bet you a pound to a penny he will have some regrets as he matures, got the world at his feet - literally and trying his best to fuck it up for himself, time after time. Sad really.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Bank Holiday viewing: Jack Byrne in happier times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqdkmqhEIh0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h7DcDMxsjo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saO3SNqqqbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4gWXHl0APg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T2I7TQZm_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM1n5Ei8nns

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd class him as a good lad whose easily influenced and the clique he was part of played a very large part in getting this club relegated when it really shouldn't have, he's fortune to be blessed with a ton of ability but it's unfortunate that he can't focus on that instead of being the clown that he invariably is, probably thinks he's a right lad but I will bet you a pound to a penny he will have some regrets as he matures, got the world at his feet - literally and trying his best to fuck it up for himself, time after time. Sad really.

That’s a fair point, he’s young and there was obviously something toxic under wellens Watch. Senior bully boy pros davies and gerrard could have led him in the wrong direction it happens in every walk of life. 

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd class him as a good lad whose easily influenced and the clique he was part of played a very large part in getting this club relegated when it really shouldn't have, he's fortune to be blessed with a ton of ability but it's unfortunate that he can't focus on that instead of being the clown that he invariably is, probably thinks he's a right lad but I will bet you a pound to a penny he will have some regrets as he matures, got the world at his feet - literally and trying his best to fuck it up for himself, time after time. Sad really.

I think this is more like the reality. 

Thanks for posting all the links and having watched them all there is only one video being the second on the list that gives us an incite into the young Jack Byrne. During his time as a young player yes he showed great talent and still does. He lost his dad when 11 and this obviously had a very big effect on him. That’s a sad part of his life. It’s not easy to get over such a loss at that age. This video makes it clear that he’s the sort of player who would respond well to a manager putting his arm around him and making him realise that he’s wanted. However there are things said about him that are still in his game today. Such as him having a go at the ref from an early age, that he always wanted the ball from his team mates or he got upset. This is still in his game. The rest of the videos in Croatia tell us more about his mates than himself and the last video is a Jack Byrne ego trip of his footballing highlights. There is no doubt he’s a great talent but there is nothing in these videos that tell us about the Jack Byrne of today. He seems to be easily influenced by more senior professional players of the wrong type.

1 hour ago, Nohairdontcare said:

1 hour ago, Buckshawlatic said:

6GvoJ1P.jpg

1 hour ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Anyone with a boy band haircut in the 1930s was bound to be a total fuck up

I think even his friends knew that

Edited by L1onheartNew
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

Thanks for posting all the links and having watched them all there is only one video being the second on the list that gives us an incite into the young Jack Byrne. During his time as a young player yes he showed great talent and still does. He lost his dad when 11 and this obviously had a very big effect on him. That’s a sad part of his life. It’s not easy to get over such a loss at that age. This video makes it clear that he’s the sort of player who would respond well to a manager putting his arm around him and making him realise that he’s wanted. However there are things said about him that are still in his game today. Such as him having a go at the ref from an early age, that he always wanted the ball from his team mates or he got upset. This is still in his game. The rest of the videos in Croatia tell us more about his mates than himself and the last video is a Jack Byrne ego trip of his footballing highlights. There is no doubt he’s a great talent but there is nothing in these videos that tell us about the Jack Byrne of today. He seems to be easily influenced by more senior professional players of the wrong type.

I assume you are referring to Davies and Gerrard as the wrong type !

Both of these wrong types have quickly got fixed up away from here, all depends on your idea of a wrong type.

Maybe they thought that the owner of our club is the wrong type, afterall they know more than us. I am pretty sure Jack Byrne thinks the Owner may be the wrong type now.

Too many people are overly critical to Byrne,Gerrard and Davies whilst Lemsagam is viewed as some sort of Hero. 

You may be wrong, you may be very wrong.....