Morecambe (a)

1 hour ago, Buckshawlatic said:

We don’t agree on most things (though we do on this league is utter dog shit) wasn’t actually aimed at you and i seriously doubt either will end up being the League 2 Aguerro and Kane but some absolutely wrote them off completely yet they’ve both contributed to 3 points in very few games 

A lot of people absolutely slate COG, he will never score a hatfull but to be fair the lad is a grafter and helps the team . If others are scoring regularly then all well and good.

Miller doesn't show half the desire COG does. Thing is,were we to play Surridge and Lang together ( as we may well soon ) i believe we would be a much more potent attacking unit.

2 hours ago, singe said:

FB has said a couple of times in recent interviews they are working on a couple of more signings. Definitely not knee jerk. Not sure which positions though, I'd assume one is midfield...

Bunn said recently that definitely one would be signing. That hasn't happened yet, and now he is saying that they are still searching. Does that mean they have no more targets left and just hoping a club offers us someone we can afford?

12 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Bunn said recently that definitely one would be signing. That hasn't happened yet, and now he is saying that they are still searching. Does that mean they have no more targets left and just hoping a club offers us someone we can afford?

Maybe it's dependant on a couple going out to free up space in the squad? You've got to imagine that everything hinges on AL's ability to move Jack Byrne out to free up wages for two or three new faces.

1 hour ago, Buckshawlatic said:

We don’t agree on most things (though we do on this league is utter dog shit) wasn’t actually aimed at you and i seriously doubt either will end up being the League 2 Aguerro and Kane but some absolutely wrote them off completely yet they’ve both contributed to 3 points in very few games 

With the exception of MK the teams we have played so far will be at the wrong end of this league, especially Macc. and Morecambe (both favourites to fight off the drop). Newport seem to be going well, so lets see how we do against them. Like everyone else I think our midfield is poor. We may put a few passes together when not under pressure and the ball ends up with Clark who simply hoofs it up the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, archiecat said:

No mention of him being injured , guess Bunn just didn't fancy him.

Like you say he won't play every game.

You must have noticed that FB doesn't openly say which players are injured unless pressed so to assume he "didn't fancy him" is a bit of an imagination stretch, even for this forum. We've got at least three players who will need a bit of injury/fitness management at present so just 'cos we don't see them for the full 90 minutes every match won't mean they're "out of favour". 

Just now, b0ndl1ne said:

O’Grady is dog shit, absolute dog shit. 

You’ll all see how poor he is in a months time. 

Hope you're being facetious there because despite his limitations he does a hell of a lot of work which goes unnoticed by many. He wouldn't be my first choice as a centre forward but I can see his good points, but then again maybe I'm more easily pleased than other League 2 fans.

1 minute ago, Bobledgersheart said:

You must have noticed that FB doesn't openly say which players are injured unless pressed so to assume he "didn't fancy him" is a bit of an imagination stretch, even for this forum. We've got at least three players who will need a bit of injury/fitness management at present so just 'cos we don't see them for the full 90 minutes every match won't mean they're "out of favour". 

Seems pretty straightforward to me Bob, he didn't make the bench and Bunn didn't mention him when asked about injuries.

He did however mention the long term absentees plus Coke who was to have a late fitness test. He may indeed have fitness concerns as he hasn't played much in the last couple of years.

2 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Hope you're being facetious there because despite his limitations he does a hell of a lot of work which goes unnoticed by many. He wouldn't be my first choice as a centre forward but I can see his good points, but then again maybe I'm more easily pleased than other League 2 fans.

I said pretty much the same Bob :chubb: Great minds eh 

I'm happy to carry not so good players who put an absolute shift in. COG ran as much as anyone yesterday, running down dead balls into channels, closing down their keeper and defenders and chasing his own flick ons from Clarke's hefty hoofing.

That said, we have some clearly better players who need to remember this isn't the league for them and maintain their standards.

GE has grown into the role with Clarke. Clarke's 'seen it before' attitude and ultimate professionalism will grow George into a quality player. He makes very few mistakes and the danger for me is a top L1 or mid-table Champ side come sniffing.

I'm a big Gardener fan. Yesterday was not his best but you could see the difference in his attitude with Baxter playing. He didn't have to win the ball and set up play. He broke down play a few times and was able to lay off to Baxter who has great vision. Game time will get the rust off him and I think they'll be a good combo.

Edited by pcscorchio

37 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Chesterfield fans were really pleased with his 2 in 35 return last season leading them to relegation, it's not about being easily pleased it's just difficult to stomach when teams are going out and paying decent forwards the same wage as we are wasting on Maouche who as done nothing to show me that he has any ability as a footballer and looks more like a raffle winner. O'Grady is a very limited player, no doubt a good lad but our season depends on getting Surridge fit and firing.

11 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

OK, nothing smart about asking a reasonable question, if you cannot find a reason to justify why we should get promotion then we will forget it.

There was nothing reasonable about what you asked.

To justify though,

how about the fact that our squad have more experience of playing League 1 than most of our competitors, playing a higher standard should create better players.

Several of our team have played championship football on a regular basis

Players of the calibre of Baxter, Miller,O'Grady,Taylor and Clarke should be a million miles ahead of this level.

We then have the likes of Byrne,Gardner,Dummigan,Hunt and highly rated loanees such as Iversen,Surridge and Lang.  

Most will agree we are at the moment playing well beneath our ability and yet after the crap start against MK and FGR have now started to pick up points.

We should see further improvement and hopefully the addition of 1 or 2 more players if Byrne was to be moved on, although it would be much better if welcomed back in to the squad.

There is not a single team in this league we should fear or that we cannot beat. We have to be thinking that we can win the league outright!!!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, archiecat said:

There was nothing reasonable about what you asked.

To justify though,

how about the fact that our squad have more experience of playing League 1 than most of our competitors, playing a higher standard should create better players.

Several of our team have played championship football on a regular basis

Players of the calibre of Baxter, Miller,O'Grady,Taylor and Clarke should be a million miles ahead of this level.

We then have the likes of Byrne,Gardner,Dummigan,Hunt and highly rated loanees such as Iversen,Surridge and Lang.  

Most will agree we are at the moment playing well beneath our ability and yet after the crap start against MK and FGR have now started to pick up points.

We should see further improvement and hopefully the addition of 1 or 2 more players if Byrne was to be moved on, although it would be much better if welcomed back in to the squad.

There is not a single team in this league we should fear or that we cannot beat. We have to be thinking that we can win the league outright!!!!!!!!!

Didn’t u slate miller and cog a bit  further up this thread ?