Morecambe (a)

Game far from over, could easily be 2-2 now.  Need to stay focused and start the second half well.  

Nothing silly by Gardner in terms of fouls and see the game out.

In all honesty thought we were dire before we scored and havent been very good since that either. The long passes (being generous) out from the back are suspect to say the least! 

But we are two up.... so happy days!!!

Graham on, maybe going 3 at back.

Edited by deckyd

Delighted for Bunn and Rhodes. Can see how much it means to them, and hope they're a massive success. 

But if he perseveres with that substitution that leaves us with a centre-back at right back, and a right back on the wing, I'll be calling for his immediate resignation. It absolutely killed us. 

• Like 1

Can't argue with a 2-0 scoreline.

First half we were awful and scored 2, second half we were dire, but kept a clean sheet, don't know how they didn't score though and feel in other games we won't get so lucky.  It was them attacking and we defended.

We are long ball, poor quality and struggle to string passes together but if todays performance is what it takes to win games I will settle for it.  Played pretty last season and got relegated.

Iversen is my MOM.  Kept them at bay and made it not an Oldham type game finish for a change!

Edited by deckyd

33 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Delighted for Bunn and Rhodes. Can see how much it means to them, and hope they're a massive success. 

But if he perseveres with that substitution that leaves us with a centre-back at right back, and a right back on the wing, I'll be calling for his immediate resignation. It absolutely killed us. 

100%, quite clearly it handed the initiative to Macc when we played them yet he was happy to go again and put us under tons of pressure, good job our keepers made a couple of worldies because he's kept us in that.

Gardner was a liability today and was probably their best player.

Wins a win but we desperately need two or three players in this week particularly midfielders.

Not been to any of the away games but the consensus from those who have seem consistently agreeing we have been poor.

Only two other teams won by two clear goals today - both above us in the League. The only team to beat us are above us. 

Maybe, without any consistently fit strikers, no creative midfielder and no consistently effective wide player we are depending on our new coaching team to deploy backs-to-the-wall mentality.

It's very early days yet and I think we are doing ok with the squad and budget we are afforded.

So far so good, including our surprisingly increased circa 4,000 home support and our continuing, possibly, League leading away support.

I look forward to January, if we can maintain anything like our present points ratio.

Hard working display. Taylor Clarke and George very good again, Iverson motm. Some superb saves. Hunt was poor at rb, not sure how much that was due to branger not helping him. 

The midfield is the problem..missle is like a rubbish fane. Gardner had some good moments but then looks for Hollywood. Can't fault his work rate but his passing is awful at times. 

Nepo  was probably our chief threat couple of decent crosses and took his goal well. 

Cog ran his arse off and took the goal well but we needed to hold the ball better at times. Baxter showed some class especially before half time but fading out of it.

There's more to come from us but we need something else in midfield. There is defiantly a chance for someone to make a midfield spot their own. Same at rb dummigan has a good chance of coming straight back in when fit.

Not a great performance  but can't fault the effort and work rate. Wouldn't like to give up those kind of  chances every week tho.