Morecambe (a)

51 minutes ago, archiecat said:

There was nothing reasonable about what you asked. What upset here?

To justify though,

how about the fact that our squad have more experience of playing League 1 than most of our competitors, playing a higher standard should create better players. Same as many Lge 2 sides

Several of our team have played championship football on a regular basis Same as many Lge 2 sides

Players of the calibre of Baxter, Miller,O'Grady,Taylor and Clarke should be a million miles ahead of this level. Baxter-yes-next 2 you have already dissed. Taylor & Clarke seasoned pros

We then have the likes of Byrne,Gardner,Dummigan,Hunt and highly rated loanees such as Iversen,Surridge and Lang.  Byrne is gone others cannot argue

Most will agree we are at the moment playing well beneath our ability and yet after the crap start against MK and FGR have now started to pick up points. OK

We should see further improvement and hopefully the addition of 1 or 2 more players if Byrne was to be moved on, although it would be much better if welcomed back in to the squad. OK

There is not a single team in this league we should fear or that we cannot beat. We have to be thinking that we can win the league outright!!!!!!!!! Same as many Lge 2 sides

See-it wasn't too hard was it?

4 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I think our ages should be shown on our profiles so we can make allowances for youthful or elderly posters and the one's in between who regularly post crap can be truly labelled as just dicks !

What's it got to do with that fool if i have school soon?

• Like 1

Thing is Morecambe were the better of the two sides in the whole and we got very lucky they didn’t manage to get past Iversen. Bunn’s obsession with parking the bus will eventually cost us. Our midfield is so poor, can’t pass, can’t tackle and can’t link up play. Baxter makes such a difference.

17 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

I'd back that one up as well 

Same here. Just walked to Heysham this morning and got soaked? Called in a cafe and four walked in and said these Oldham fans get everywhere,!!! 

6 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

This board is toxic at the moment, some people need to have a think about how/what they post. 

Spot on Jorvik. Certain posters immediately attack even reasonable posts because of previous spats. A bit of Civility never harmed anyone. 

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Thing is Morecambe were the better of the two sides in the whole and we got very lucky they didn’t manage to get past Iversen. Bunn’s obsession with parking the bus will eventually cost us. Our midfield is so poor, can’t pass, can’t tackle and can’t link up play. Baxter makes such a difference.

Lucky we have him then!

Still a lot to work on but the main thing is that we are picking up results despite not playing well. Defence is looking better with Clarke back and Andy Taylor looks like he could be a very solid player for this level. 

I still think we miss a little bit of creativity and it's a shame we couldn't get the cotterill deal over the line. Hopefully a fully fit Baxter can bring that.

We're still a work in progress but I feel much more positive than I did a month ago.

1 minute ago, 4froale said:

Still a lot to work on but the main thing is that we are picking up results despite not playing well. Defence is looking better with Clarke back and Andy Taylor looks like he could be a very solid player for this level. 

I still think we miss a little bit of creativity and it's a shame we couldn't get the cotterill deal over the line. Hopefully a fully fit Baxter can bring that.

We're still a work in progress but I feel much more positive than I did a month ago.

Bang on 

2 hours ago, 4froale said:

Please dont talk sense, certain natives dont like it

3 hours ago, 4froale said:

George can only get better and better along side those two, he already looks calm and assured 

I post very rarely these days, having learned that it is far too easy to make a tit of oneself by typing what you think is sense, to an audience that is likely anything but the mirror you think you are relating to. Overly simplified, there are usually seven or eight types of supporter depending on age, length of time supporting, mental maturity and the positive and negative outlooks among us.

What strikes me as odd over the past twenty four hours or so is how many people seemingly defy their attitude toward players and club in comparison to their behaviour yesterday afternoon. There was a unity among all in the stands....a feel good factor the likes of which i've not seen for a while. There was certainly a connection to the players and staff throughout and particularly at the end of the game. A huge number stayed on after the final whistle for quite a while, and the bond between fans and players was evident.

I'm among the first to admit that we were lucky to get away with 2-0. I'll take issue wuith those who complain we were overrun in the second half, because i believe if we'd gone in 0-0 at HT, we would have adopted different tactics after the break than we ultimately did, having gone in with a lead that yes, flattered us a bit. Despite how it turned out, we take the win and move on, just as we would were it a defeat....but i have to say i saw not one angry man or woman leaving the stadium yesterday....just a jubilant bunch and yes, a few, myself included who were discussing with others the fact that Morecambe were a tad unlucky to come away with nowt.

How it is then, that so many are suddenly aghast at how poor we are, both as a team and as a club. After such a terrific day out and such a feeling of euphoria and unity at the end, this message board today is somewhat baffling. It's almost as if the drive home passed through some sort of barrier whereupon the feel good factor was washed away by the reality of returning to Oldham. It comes across to me as  some strange denial whereby people are embarrassed to have had a good time yesterday!

Edited by otid
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, otid said:

I post very rarely these days, having learned that it is far too easy to make a tit of oneself by typing what you think is sense, to an audience that is likely anything but the mirror you think you are relating to. Overly simplified, there are usually seven or eight types of supporter depending on age, length of time supporting, mental maturity and the positive and negative outlooks among us.

What strikes me as odd over the past twenty four hours or so is how many people seemingly defy their attitude toward players and club in comparison to their behaviour yesterday afternoon. There was a unity among all in the stands....a feel good factor the likes of which i've not seen for a while. There was certainly a connection to the players and staff throughout and particularly at the end of the game. A huge number stayed on after the final whistle for quite a while, and the bond between fans and players was evident.

I'm among the first to admit that we were lucky to get away with 2-0. I'll take issue wuith those who complain we were overrun in the second half, because i believe if we'd gone in 0-0 at HT, we would have adopted different tactics after the break than we ultimately did, having gone in with a lead that yes, flattered us a bit. Despite how it turned out, we take the win and move on, just as we would were it a defeat....but i have to say i saw not one angry many or woman leaving the stadium yesterday....just a jubilant bunch and yes, a few, myself included who were discussing with others the fact that Morecambe were a tad unlucky to come away with nowt.

How it is then, that so many are suddenly aghast at how poor we are, both as a team and as a club. After such a terrific day out and such a feeling of euphoria and unity at the end, this message board today is somewhat baffling. It's almost as if the drive home passed through some sort of barrier whereupon the feel good factor was washed away by the reality of returning to Oldham. It comes across to me as  some strange denial whereby people are embarrassed to have had a good time yesterday!

It was a magnificent occasion for all concerned and don't let anyone tell you different

2 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

George can only get better and better along side those two, he already looks calm and assured 

Correct. I'd argue that our defence is as strong as any in this division. Taylor has a solid career in league one, as has Clarke who has been one of the better defenders in that division for some years. A young apprentice like George has the perfect boss in Clarke. We know what Hunt is capable of. If we could get Fane and Byrne in this team then we are in with a terrific shout of promotion. 

As I've said before we ain't even played well yet and we're in 8th. Granted we've had an easyish start but for me the fact that we havent outplayed these teams teams says it all. We simply have more quality. With a few tweaks, I think we will be right up there.

9 hours ago, 4froale said:

I’m considered a very negative poster but I 100% agree with this. If ‘functional’ football is what gets the results then so be it.

A couple more additions before Friday’s deadline and 6 points from the next 2 home games and I’m 100% joining the #WalkTheLeagueLads. 

How often do Latics get 7 points in a week? Enjoy it (even I am :lol:).