Morecambe (a)

1 minute ago, Handsy said:

Yes I was impressed with Morecambe right back especially his header that set Nepomuceno goal up but apart from that he had a good game 

The majority of our panic came from him. To let him go from end of his own box to edge of ours, then pick his cross at will, was criminal. Thankfully their 12 is as much of a striker/footballer of any sorts as I am supermodel.

Is it too early to give Andy Rhodes any credit for Daniel Iversen's performances?

Recent results with 2 consecutive clean sheets would suggest not.

With just a very mild dose of reservation I give kudos to Frankie for us going 4 league games unbeaten, but lets recognise Rhodsie for his contribution to this.

A loan transfer window still to close and two winnable home games to come, let's build on this forward momentum we currently have, both on and off the pitch.

3 minutes ago, hollandspies said:

Is it too early to give Andy Rhodes any credit for Daniel Iversen's performances?

Recent results with 2 consecutive clean sheets would suggest not.

With just a very mild dose of reservation I give kudos to Frankie for us going 4 league games unbeaten, but lets recognise Rhodsie for his contribution to this.

A loan transfer window still to close and two winnable home games to come, let's build on this forward momentum we currently have, both on and off the pitch.

Spot on. 

Rhodes has a first class reputation as a goalkeeping coach. As much as Iversen is the one producing the goods- I don’t think Rhodes influence on a young keeper can be underestimated. 

Personally thought we were piss poor today but got the job done in that 5 minute spell, we didn't seem to get much of the ball for 30 mins or so but found ourselves 2 up. Defence looks solid enough with 2 experienced heads and 2 younger lads, midfield looks a bit pish in my eyes but we didnt play much football all game to be honest, keeper made 2/3 very good stops especially the 1 on 1 with 5 or so minutes to go, this league looks horrendous but still think we have a lot of work to do to be top 7 in my eyes but 7 points from 3 games cant be grumbled at, but still don't think we look a unit as a side at all at the moment but grinding results out so I guess we'll take it

1 hour ago, OL9erlatic said:

Personally thought we were piss poor today but got the job done in that 5 minute spell, we didn't seem to get much of the ball for 30 mins or so but found ourselves 2 up. Defence looks solid enough with 2 experienced heads and 2 younger lads, midfield looks a bit pish in my eyes but we didnt play much football all game to be honest, keeper made 2/3 very good stops especially the 1 on 1 with 5 or so minutes to go, this league looks horrendous but still think we have a lot of work to do to be top 7 in my eyes but 7 points from 3 games cant be grumbled at, but still don't think we look a unit as a side at all at the moment but grinding results out so I guess we'll take it

But.... 

13 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Hopefully after the half decent start it might make al more willing to dip in his pocket. The guy seems quite a erratic and makes decisions quickly without thinking through 

FB has said a couple of times in recent interviews they are working on a couple of more signings. Definitely not knee jerk. Not sure which positions though, I'd assume one is midfield...

9 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I do wonder how much piss is boiling after both Miller and O’Grady have actually scored 

Oh yes, was a real coup by the club signing these two instead of having to rely on dross like Michael Doughty, Ollie Palmer and James Norwood.

Perm any 2 from 3 and you have a return 5x more than COG and Miller.

For the record i stated that i thought COG may come good but  thought Miller was finished, i will stand by that 5 games in, do you think they can score enough to launch us to the top of the league ?

Maybe it goes against popular owtb opinion but that is where we should be.

After 5 games we can pretty much see that this league is utter garbage,we should win promotion this season, no if's or but's, anything else will be a failure.

Edited by archiecat

4 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Oh yes, was a real coup by the club signing these two instead of having to rely on dross like Michael Doughty, Ollie Palmer and James Norwood.

For the record i stated that i thought COG may come good but  thought Miller was finished, i will stand by that 5 games in, do you think they can score enough to launch us to the top of the league ?

After 5 games we can pretty much see that this league is utter garbage,we should win promotion this season, no if's or but's, anything else will be a failure.

We don’t agree on most things (though we do on this league is utter dog shit) wasn’t actually aimed at you and i seriously doubt either will end up being the League 2 Aguerro and Kane but some absolutely wrote them off completely yet they’ve both contributed to 3 points in very few games 

22 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Why should we win promotion this year? You have done nowt but moan about the team's ability so please enlighten us.

38 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I’m not thier  biggest fan, but if they keep popping up with the odd goals along with Baxter Lang Surridge and Gardner we may not need the 20+ goal scorer. They have both played in the prem and are both reasonably young. You never know....

Edited by latics22

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Why should we win promotion this year? You have done nowt but moan about the team's ability so please enlighten us.

Are you suggesting that we should aim for mid table? what exactly do you believe we are capable of ?

You tell me how good or bad this team is instead of trying to put me down.