Hampton: Hampton & Richmond Borough FC - Directions, Beer & Food

I watched MK Dons at Hyde on tv , last season I think.

What impressed me was the way MK went at them right from the start. None of the “let’s keep it tight to begin with , absorb their early enthusiasm and pressure “. MK pressed and attacked and took control. After that the result was never in doubt.

Tactics for Monday? Go at them right from the start , be confident and assertive, and boss the match. Might not make a tv fairy tale story but sod that. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Embarrassing really. Not surprising though.

Not surprising in that it’s an away game on a Monday evening, a 450+ miles round trip, coming on the back of three away league games on the bounce in which we picked up a single point. Oh and it’s live on television too.

I’d say that a potential 300 plus following is far from embarrassing. 

4 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Not surprising in that it’s an away game on a Monday evening, a 450+ miles round trip, coming on the back of three away league games on the bounce in which we picked up a single point. Oh and it’s live on television too.

I’d say that a potential 300 plus following is far from embarrassing. 

Plus whilst it is technically possible to get back to Manchester via public transport after the game, it wouldn't take much for it to be impossible. 

2 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

What impressed me was the way MK went at them right from the start. None of the “let’s keep it tight to begin with , absorb their early enthusiasm and pressure “. MK pressed and attacked and took control. After that the result was never in doubt.

Tactics for Monday? Go at them right from the start , be confident and assertive, and boss the match. Might not make a tv fairy tale story but sod that. 

100% :chubb: 

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

Soft Southern bstrds. 

Given where some of them live, they could dammed near walk there! I'm just bloody seething I can't get BT Sport without forking out another £27.99 on top of my Sky subscription. 

Looks like I'm going to Bath to my mate's if the step son and girlfriend have gone back to Wales early enough. (No, it's fine, kids. Stay as long as you want)

6 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Given where some of them live, they could dammed near walk there! I'm just bloody seething I can't get BT Sport without forking out another £27.99 on top of my Sky subscription. 

As can watch BT and Sky on three devices just swap your sky login with the BT login of anyone who has it

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

As can watch BT and Sky on three devices just swap your sky login with the BT login of anyone who has it

Cheers Dave. It's a thought, but I'm not sure I could ask someone to hand their log in over. I wouldn't be comfortable with it. 

Prices for us on Monday night are insanely good given our record under floodlights particularly against supposed inferior opposition, we are playing a team low on confidence who've drawn one and lost four of their last five outings.

8/11 win

9/5 win H/T and F/T

Clean sheet 6/4

To score 1/6

To score 2 or more is 4/5

Now I don't advocate gambling it's just a hobby of mine but these prices are ridiculous all things considered, I understand that they will be up for it but prices like these should pay for everyone's Christmas. 

36 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Prices for us on Monday night are insanely good given our record under floodlights particularly against supposed inferior opposition, we are playing a team low on confidence who've drawn one and lost four of their last five outings.

8/11 win

9/5 win H/T and F/T

Clean sheet 6/4

To score 1/6

Now I don't advocate gambling it's just a hobby of mine but these prices are ridiculous all things considered, I understand that they will be up for it but prices like these should pay for everyone's Christmas. 

Think I might wait for the team news first. 

Can see us scoring loads of we are only playing 1 up front. 

41 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

8/11 win

9/5 win H/T and F/T

Clean sheet 6/4

To score 1/6

I still may have a look at them to win 1-0 it is Latics after all. 

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

8/11 win

9/5 win H/T and F/T

Clean sheet 6/4

To score 1/6

2/7 on us to qualify. 

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I have that arrangement with my brother 

The only one I know that I could do it with (no innuendo intended) is my mate in Bath, where I hope to be going anyway, all being well. Thanks for the heads up, though. It may come in useful in the future.

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

If we could a have a little cup run, we could possibly sign one or two in Jan. .

This hope means we’ll lose. 

All the best. 

I think AL would see it as money he doesn't have to shell out to keep us going rather than money to splash on more players..

On 11/8/2018 at 4:05 PM, LaticsPete said:

Just a shame we have a manager with the opposite outlook to that. His first comment after Tuesday night when asked “how did we not win that?” was “I’m delighted with the clean sheet”

If Bunn gets the selection & tactics wrong (as he has in many games this season, particularly 1st halves) and invites them on to us then we may be in trouble. 

This “should” be an easy 3-0 win tho if treated correctly.

Over to you Frankie!

On 11/8/2018 at 2:15 PM, oafcmetty said:

Ref has been split between L1 and L2 this season, looks ok. Don't think he's reffed us yet this season, but reffed our 1-0 home win over MK Dons in Feb 18, and the 1-0 away defeat to Shrewsbury in Jan 18.

Hampton are calling this the biggest night in the club's history: http://www.hamptonfc.net/news/preview-beavers-set-for-biggest-night-in-club-hist-2365778.html

Oh great...so this is the clown that couldn’t spot the most blatant penalty and red card on Davies at Shrewsbury. Nice one.