Hampton: Hampton & Richmond Borough FC - Directions, Beer & Food

On 11/9/2018 at 9:00 PM, boundaryblue80 said:

Just a shame we have a manager with the opposite outlook to that. His first comment after Tuesday night when asked “how did we not win that?” was “I’m delighted with the clean sheet”

If Bunn gets the selection & tactics wrong (as he has in many games this season, particularly 1st halves) and invites them on to us then we may be in trouble. 

This “should” be an easy 3-0 win tho if treated correctly.

Over to you Frankie!

I really don't get this.

We are League Two. Last season if we were in League One and playing a side (two tiers below) the conference, Wrexham, Hartlepool. Boreham Wood etc it wouldn't be an easy game, nevermind a 3-0 win game. 

How many teams have gone away to non-league sides and won with ease over the years. See AFC Wimbledon (a league above us) playing a side (at least) a tier below the one we are playing and they struggled to a 90th minute winner.

Teams in OUR league have been shorter away to WIN a league game at Macclesfield this season than we are. 

We should win but it's nowhere near the walk in the park most are expecting.

53 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

I really don't get this.

We should win but it's nowhere near the walk in the park most are expecting.

It is, you've just got a losers mindset which unfortunately is ingrained in many of our fans, your probably one of those who clapped them off for drawing 0-0 at Yeovil or after getting relegated at Northampton. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

It is, you've just got a losers mindset which unfortunately is ingrained in many of our fans, your probably one of those who clapped them off for drawing 0-0 at Yeovil or after getting relegated at Northampton. 

Oxford City who are below Hampton & Richmond drew AWAY at a side ABOVE us in our league.

It's not a losers mindset, It's a game we should win. People are going on like it's a nailed on away win when it's really not, hence the price of 8/11. 

4 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Oxford City who are below Hampton & Richmond drew AWAY at a side ABOVE us in our league.

It's not a losers mindset, It's a game we should win. People are going on like it's a nailed on away win when it's really not, hence the price of 8/11. 

It was 4/6 last week. Confidence isn't exactly building. 

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

If expecting to beat these is underestimating them then in your view a defeat wouldn’t be humiliating would it ? 

Of course we should expect to win. But there is serious arrogance in *some* posts, a fair few are expecting us to roll this lot tonight.

All I’m saying is that it will be far from easy  and straightforward.

For all the ‘ these are awful’ brigade. 

My fear hasn’t got nothing to do with playing a load of plumbers and brickes. 

It’s more to do with our clubs ability to find and embrace new lows, both on and off the pitch. 

I’d snatch your hand off for 1-0 win now, and yes- we are THAT shit. 

If we lose tonight then this must go down as one of if not the worst individual result in the clubs history. 

That doesnt mean we should underestimate the opposition.

We need to start the game well. We saw 2 years ago against Lincoln what can happen if you start poorly, and on the other hand when we beat Liverpool 5 years ago we got ahead in the game which got the crowd up and gave us something to hold onto. 

We should look to take the initiative straight from the off.

Edited by GlossopLatic