Cambridge (H)

6 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Can anybody near to the incident explain what happened with the Branger booking? The two players went in for a tackle which the ref saw nothing wrong with. Play goes on for a while until he gives us a throw in. He then books Branger and gives them a free kick. What for?

That was weird. 

5 minutes ago, underdog said:

Is it fair to say that the team genuinely seem to want to play for the manager?

Not sure, the way they celebrate with him at times suggests they do however if they genuinely want to play for him why do they only start playing after half time?

21 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Can anybody near to the incident explain what happened with the Branger booking? The two players went in for a tackle which the ref saw nothing wrong with. Play goes on for a while until he gives us a throw in. He then books Branger and gives them a free kick. What for?

The referee let it go thinking their was an advantage their wasnt he brought it back for a free kick and a booking which bearing in mind he had to be subbed due to being injured it was probably the right decision probably just a very roundabout way of getting it.

37 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You win. Gardner is class. He’ll be in the Championship soon. 

I’ll tell you now, if Bunn wants to play a pressing game, Gardner will be out of the team in January. Not capable of it. He’ll get someone who is. 

No but he is better than maouche and the last 3 managers think so too as they pick him ahead of maouche all the time.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The referee let it go thinking their was an advantage their wasnt he brought it back for a free kick and a booking which bearing in mind he had to be subbed due to being injured it was probably the right decision probably just a very roundabout way of getting it.

No but he is better than maouche and the last 3 managers think so too as they pick him ahead of maouche all the time.

For now. Two of those were rightly sacked. 

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

No heart, bottles tackles, lite weight,  he isn’t cut out for real football. I’d have Gardner any day of the week

Gardner slows everything down and plays a lot of sideways and backwards stuff,Maouche gets the ball moving forward at pace and is far more creative than Gardner.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The referee let it go thinking their was an advantage their wasnt he brought it back for a free kick and a booking which bearing in mind he had to be subbed due to being injured it was probably the right decision probably just a very roundabout way of getting 

Didn't look like that to me. I may be misremembering, but I thought we got the ball from the tackle. Play went on for some time, the ref didn't stop play to give a free kick and we were given the throw in. It felt like he saw the injury when the physio came on and made a decision based on that. In keeping with his overall performance.

3 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Didn't look like that to me. I may be misremembering, but I thought we got the ball from the tackle. Play went on for some time, the ref didn't stop play to give a free kick and we were given the throw in. It felt like he saw the injury when the physio came on and made a decision based on that. In keeping with his overall performance.

Exactly how I saw it. 

21 minutes ago, RobOAFC said:

Not sure, the way they celebrate with him at times suggests they do however if they genuinely want to play for him why do they only start playing after half time?

Who cares Rob, all that matters is the result. 

We’ve seen so many pretty 1 nil defeats over the years. 

As as bad as our starts tend to be, we have shown a lot character this season. It’s good to see. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Who cares Rob, all that matters is the result. 

We’ve seen so many pretty 1 nil defeats over the years. 

As as bad as our starts tend to be, we have shown a lot character this season. It’s good to see. 

I'd say its important. If everyone is playing together and for each other, management included then we will see better results.

No doubt we have seen character this season however we need to stop giving teams 45 minute head start. 

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Or he took advice from his 4th official

I just couldnt get there thought process in the first half, lump it upto Miller and then what? The midfield was aitting that deep we was almost playing a back 8 with a massive gap between them Miller and Lang..We made Cambridge look like a decent side in that first 30 mins and if it wasnt for Palmer we would have been 2 down..

Second half we was a lot better with Lydon getting into the game and Lang looking lively, great to see Surridge make his comeback so it looks like the loan fees were paid after all..The standard of this league is terrible and despite our off field problems and the fact we have a tactically inept manager we are still not the far off the play off places..Surridge will play bits and pieces and be back to full fitness in a couple of weeks, Nepomuceno and Iverson will both be back for the Tranmere game so fingers crossed we push on now..

By the end actually enjoyed the game as the come back didn't look on at half time.

Crowd very quiet in 1st half and to be fair not much to be excited about. 

Second half looked a different team with pushing up on their defenders and forcing mistakes.

We need to start the pressing game earlier if we are to win more first halves but the modern tactic appears to get to half time level or only one down and then power up on second half with advantage of 3 subs to bring additional  energy.

Plenty of possession second half from the change in tactics but we need to have better crossers of the ball.

Thought Windy Miller played well again using his power and is gaining match fitness  .

Great goals all round and ending on a high .

KTF make some noise  and COYB