Cambridge (H)

2 hours ago, RobOAFC said:

I'd say its important. If everyone is playing together and for each other, management included then we will see better results.

No doubt we have seen character this season however we need to stop giving teams 45 minute head start. 

Are they not playing for each other by coming back from losing positions? 

Agreed, we need to start better. 

Well an interesting game from the Gardener perspective. His greatest fault shown was how he pulls the team out of shape. I’m no fan of Maouche but when he came on he played in position and although he looks lazy, as does Lyndon,  in comparison to Dynamic Dan the team had a better shape and we played better. Dan did take the corner for George to score but he needs more discipline or you could put him out wide. 

7 hours ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

By the end actually enjoyed the game as the come back didn't look on at half time.

Crowd very quiet in 1st half and to be fair not much to be excited about. 

Second half looked a different team with pushing up on their defenders and forcing mistakes.

We need to start the pressing game earlier if we are to win more first halves but the modern tactic appears to get to half time level or only one down and then power up on second half with advantage of 3 subs to bring additional  energy.

Plenty of possession second half from the change in tactics but we need to have better crossers of the ball.

Thought Windy Miller played well again using his power and is gaining match fitness  .

Great goals all round and ending on a high .

KTF make some noise  and COYB

Liking the greyhound reference there

14 hours ago, League one forever said:

One for the satto’s 

How many points how we won from losing positions? 

Can’t fault the character. 

We have conceded first in 9 of our matches.

Ironically, not as god as you think.

When we scored first

W5 D0 L1. F14 A5 15pts

When oppo scred first

W1 D2 L5 F10 A14 Pts 5

From losing to winning in the LEague only yesterday.

But points

1 v FGR

1 v Col U

and yesterday

Late goals though are the feature

Edited by singe

I was ready to go to bed at HT. Not a single shot on goal for the entire half.

Spent the next half hour taking flack from the missus for being up at 1:45am.

After she had told me how much of a selfish wanker I was for waking her up and went back to bed (I had agreed to follow her), i turned round to see Gardener trotting to the chaddy/North stand corner flag.

Needless to say, she hasnt spoken to me all day...just at me.

At times we’re so poor on the ball, it’s untrue.

First half yesterday we were totally unable to keep possession for more than two passes. It was pass, pass, hump it forward, lose possession, chase the ball.

Second half our shape was a lot better and we were able to press the opposition better. Miller put in a real shift, and looks a lot better option than O’Grady.

Lang’s goal made me shout “pick that out you ****!” alarmingly loud.

It seems to me that we invariably start home games slowly. I cannot think of a game at BP when we have taken the play to the opposition from the off. Cambridge looked a big, solid, well-organised team for the first 45 minutes. They were finding space with ease and we looked a poor imitation of a football team. And yet the crowd did not turn on the players. Stunned silence was the general mood where I sit.

Bunn obviously knows how to give a half-time team talk. We completely dominated the second half and, with a little good fortune for the second goal, won the game comfortably in the end. Cambridge suddenly looked an ordinary side.

When we scored the equaliser, Bunn turned to the crowd urging us to get behind the team, almost as if he was being critical of the crowd for not being more vocal. 🤔

Maybe you can give that half-time team talk before the game huh? 

42 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Its almost like FB needs 45 minutes to an hour to work the opposition out. It is usually too late by that time.

Does he do any homework during the weeks leading up to the games?

or are they scouting us and setting out accordingly in a different formation to there normal one catching us out 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Like at Bradford? 

That was a poor Bradford team with a particularly poor midfield containing three players under 20 making their debuts. I agree he's not had a run of games but he hardly convinces when he has had a chance particularly in a midfield two. As much as I think Gardner is out of sorts Maouche for me is no better option. One things for sure the midfield positions all need addressing in the January window.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

That was a poor Bradford team with a particularly poor midfield containing three players under 20 making their debuts. I agree he's not had a run of games but he hardly convinces when he has had a chance particularly in a midfield two. As much as I think Gardner is out of sorts Maouche for me is no better option. One things for sure the midfield positions all need addressing in the January window.

That I agree with.  We need 4 or 5 in January honestly for better options all over the pitch. 

5 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

I really hope this week in training we concentrate on how to miss the first man at a corner and how to put in a cross away from the keeper, i lost count how many times the final ball was shite after decent build up play..We got one corner right and scored from it..

It even happened in the England game I was just thinking how does that happen when they must be practising corners every day. Its been going on for years at Latics.