6 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

It's sooo quiet, what a secretive club we are.

That is until there is a sniff of scandal and then it's out there for all and sundry to feed on !!!

Come on AL put us out of our misery.

@BP1960 also believes our lack of a full time manager is affecting our ability to sign loan players......?

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

@BP1960 also believes our lack of a full time manager is affecting our ability to sign loan players......?

Maybe not if its AL and his brother signing the players anyway, thats why rather than an experienced manager who deals in the transfer market we could be looking at Scholes to coach what he is given..

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I think that could be true.

I think they probably know who it is, just not putting it out there yet.

Who knows, all guess work on our behalf.

Just now, fleetwood Blue said:

Maybe not if its AL and his brother signing the players anyway, thats why rather than an experienced manager who deals in the transfer market we could be looking at Scholes to coach what he is given..

Maybe that might work, maybe not.

Just do something and put our poor souls at rest.

10 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

But the clubs will want to know who's going to be coaching them before agreeing to send out on loan.

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

But the clubs will want to know who's going to be coaching them before agreeing to send out on loan.

Clubs normally send players out on loan for their development 9 times out of 10.

So yes I'm sure they have a vested interest in who will be put in charge of this development.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Does anybody think it a little strange Scholes hasn’t been ruled out, or ruled himself out of the running as yet?

There is usually a surge in media attention around Scholes whenever this job comes up but this time not a ripple.

Maybe he isn’t interested and the bookies are just covering themselves or maybe something is happening under the radar?

I hope it’s the latter!

Under the radar...press are prob board with running stories on him coming to oldham and are now passed it! 

20 hours ago, deyres42 said:

As I said yesterday, think Saturday is his biggest test in a funny way.

Full week of his training, 2 key players gone, no sign of replacements at time of writing, facing one of the better sides in the league.

Lydon's replacement was brought in before he left wasnt he? Sylla. 

22 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Is there anyone in the building who knows how to sign a player? This appointment is massive. We still have a great chance to get into the Play-offs. I do however think it will be a routine away win on Saturday, lack of preparation from inexperienced staff+ injuries/ loanees going back will severely hamper us.

Evidently so as we've signed Sylla and extended Lang.

On 1/8/2019 at 7:17 PM, Ryan said:

Averaged about 4 assists a season did our Paul. Supposedly the best passer the country has ever produced because he once hit a tree in training 😂

Good player but never world class. His individual awards back that up. Gerrard and Lampard are streets ahead imo.

This is right up there as one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on here in the last twelve years.  He was an incredible player.

19 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

This is right up there as one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on here in the last twelve years.  He was an incredible player.

He was a good player but not having that he was world class.

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Makes no sense to cancel a season loan only for him to come back.

Are we talking about Lyden?  He wasn't on a season loan and wasn't recalled; his loan expired.

If I've missed the point and we're talking about Surridge, he's clearly not coming back, as per your point.

Just now, Stevie_J said:

Are we talking about Lyden?  He wasn't on a season loan and wasn't recalled; his loan ended.

If I've missed the point and we're talking about Surridge, he's clearly not coming back, as per your point.

Yeh, Surridge.

Only possible reason would be as cover as Defoe gone and Solanke injured but still wishful thinking.

I think Surridge will go out on loan again at the end of the window, and PW does dangle that carrot, but clearly if they think he has progressed then L1 at least beckons.

Interesting that Wigan gave Callum Lang the choice to come back. Glad he choose too, that says something.

Maybe he knows were getting the band back together....!

Edited by singe

I don’t think we need look very far for our next manager. After watching the latest interview with Pete Wild I reckon he’s warming to the idea of taking the job.

He is very confident in front of the media, keeps it simple and talks a lot of sense. If he’s offered the job which looks likely then I think he will accept and probably agree to take it on, initially, until the end of the season.

The only scenario that could threaten the appointment would be a heavy defeat against FGR.