32 minutes ago, singe said:

I agree with your analysis, good points. IIRC it is the accepted wisdom that getting half the signings right is a good average. Even Fergie and Joe did nt really beat that.
On that basis
Shez/Wellens are 3/10 I put Hunt, Doyle & Bryan

Lemsagem  2/10 Maouche & Nepo
Wellens/Bunn are 3.5/10 (I've left out Palmer, good as he was) Iversen, Surridge, Lang, and Lyden was coming good

Lemsagem2  2/2 100% Branger, Missile (Sylla left off!)

Interesting. I'd say an honorurable draw!!

Maouche last year was a failure....

....Branger this year I'm still to be convinced.

I think the domestic recruits still shade it on balance.

1 hour ago, Wee Bobby said:

Lee Clarke 2/5 for Carlisle.  Tommy Wright 5/1.       Pete Wild now 6/4 Fav for us.

Most bookies class a caretaker as a 'next manager' if they manage 10 competitive games so even if Wild isn't getting the job full time, his odds won't drift too far.....

Edited by Fruitygoo

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Yes. Another opinion that the Yernited loving pundits have hammered down our throats for the past 10 years to the point that it has now become conventional wisdom. I’ve watched Carrick enough with my own eyes and he’s never stood out as anything other than bang average.

Id like to hear your opinion on Ousmane Fane...

34 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Maouche last year was a failure....

....Branger this year I'm still to be convinced.

I think the domestic recruits still shade it on balance.

Hang on if that is the criteria, then drop Lyden off that.
Anyway, that was not the point, the point was it was close enough to not dismiss AL from any recruitment. So probably 52:48....

41 minutes ago, archiecat said:

It will take forever Paul,everything must be done slowy slowy in order to catch the right monkey for the job.

😂😂 

Well with the transfer window only open a few more weeks surely a new manager will want to put his stamp on the squad maybe with a few ins and outs? If he’s allowed that is!

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

😂😂 

Well with the transfer window only open a few more weeks surely a new manager will want to put his stamp on the squad maybe with a few ins and outs? If he’s allowed that is!

One would think that the appointment is a matter of urgency, unless Mr Wild is to be given the rest of the season .

Is there anyone in the building who knows how to sign a player? This appointment is massive. We still have a great chance to get into the Play-offs. I do however think it will be a routine away win on Saturday, lack of preparation from inexperienced staff+ injuries/ loanees going back will severely hamper us.

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

7 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Is there anyone in the building who knows how to sign a player? This appointment is massive. We still have a great chance to get into the Play-offs. I do however think it will be a routine away win on Saturday, lack of preparation from inexperienced staff+ injuries/ loanees going back will severely hamper us.

That downvote was gonna be an up one all the way to the word playoffs. 

8 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I can forgive you pointing out the inexperienced staff, injuroes, and loaness going back, but to say we will lack of preparation after the past three games is ridiclous. The prep for Saturday was standout, and highlighted by Surridge for which way to go to the pen and constant talk between PW & PC,and we have a standout guy helping PW out in the analyst department.

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I still think the Youth team role is the one that Wild wants full time. Just don't think Lemsagam is in too much of a rush to appoint whilst we keep winning with Wild in caretaker charge...

....and save money [further indicating his lack of wealth] by not having to pay another Salary?

Surely the Academy boys suffer too [having already lost Philliskirk] as Wild & Millington are focussed on First Team duties?

Poor from Lemsagam. Strike now while we're on a high by appointing his own man.

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....and save money [further indicating his lack of wealth] by not having to pay another Salary?

Surely the Academy boys suffer too [having already lost Philliskirk] as Wild & Millington are focussed on First Team duties?

Poor from Lemsagam. Strike now while we're on a high by appointing his own man.

Coopers gone from the youth set up too so he must be looking after both teams to a degree.

1 hour ago, singe said:

I can forgive you pointing out the inexperienced staff, injuroes, and loaness going back, but to say we will lack of preparation after the past three games is ridiclous. The prep for Saturday was standout, and highlighted by Surridge for which way to go to the pen and constant talk between PW & PC,and we have a standout guy helping PW out in the analyst department.

As I said yesterday, think Saturday is his biggest test in a funny way.

Full week of his training, 2 key players gone, no sign of replacements at time of writing, facing one of the better sides in the league.

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Loanees going back won’t help or any injuries but I don’t get the lack or preparation comment. Go away to Port Vale and win 4-1, nullify Tom Popes threat, then a 2-0 home win against Notts County, nullify Jon Stead threat and win comfortably. Then to top it off go away from home to a premiership side and nullify their threat, can’t remember Iversen being tested really apart from the penalty which PW stated was dealt with by the work the goalie coach did with Iversen and gain a fantastic 2-1 win. All of that tells me they are not lacking preparation.

i do agree that we need to sign some players though

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

As I said yesterday, think Saturday is his biggest test in a funny way.

Full week of his training, 2 key players gone, no sign of replacements at time of writing, facing one of the better sides in the league.

Almost as if it is AL's final test! I think you are right, in many ways a harder test, and much harder to keep the motivation high.

I wonder if AL might be seeing more of what he thought a manager should be doing, rather than the dourer FB or the side tracked an bolshy RW.
It could work then.

Edited by singe

Does anybody think it a little strange Scholes hasn’t been ruled out, or ruled himself out of the running as yet?

There is usually a surge in media attention around Scholes whenever this job comes up but this time not a ripple.

Maybe he isn’t interested and the bookies are just covering themselves or maybe something is happening under the radar?

I hope it’s the latter!

Edited by oafc1955

45 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Does anybody think it a little strange Scholes hasn’t been ruled out, or ruled himself out of the running as yet?

There is usually a surge in media attention around Scholes whenever this job comes up but this time not a ripple.

Maybe he isn’t interested and the bookies are just covering themselves or maybe something is happening under the radar?

I hope it’s the latter!

It's sooo quiet, what a secretive club we are.

That is until there is a sniff of scandal and then it's out there for all and sundry to feed on !!!

Come on AL put us out of our misery.