1 minute ago, super_blue said:

Would be stunned if Butt walked away from the head of Manchester United academy to become assistant manager in league 2. It was prob a case of Scholes asking his mate to come to the game with him and cast his eye over the team and give him some thoughts. Scholes will have the ear of a lot of experienced top coaches and managers he can turn to for help if he wants so why not start with a mate you trust. 

Or lining up some loan players.... 

Would be stunned if Butt walked away from the head of Manchester United academy to become assistant manager in league 2. It was prob a case of Scholes asking his mate to come to the game with him and cast his eye over the team and give him some thoughts. Scholes will have the ear of a lot of experienced top coaches and managers he can turn to for help if he wants so why not start with a mate you trust. 

Have to agree, cant see Butt leaving his role at utd

Doesn't Nicky own 10% of Salford. So if they get promoted he will have to relinquish 0.0001% too to keep his job at United. 

I think Scholes may be slightly different as they are very likely to be competing directly with us. 

7 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

For every United fan hoping he fails there will be another 1000 wishing him well.

Any Oldham fan against scholes because he is a United legend needs to really grow up and stop embarrassing themselves.

They should also stay off the pop / get on with their homework*.

*Delete as appropriate.

1 minute ago, rudemedic said:

Doesn't Nicky own 10% of Salford. So if they get promoted he will have to relinquish 0.0001% too to keep his job at United. 

I think Scholes may be slightly different as they are very likely to be competing directly with us. 

So Nicky, which lads that have come through the United academy could improve this lot?

2 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Has Scholes been appointed? People getting carried away appointing his number 1 and coaching team, when it hasn’t even happened.

Good point...this is OWTB.  We must only believe negative, largely unimportant rumours, that appear In the confines of this forum, rather than large positive ones that appear in sport sections of many newspapers this morning. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Good point...this is OWTB.  We must only believe negative, largely unimportant rumours, that appear In the confines of this forum, rather than large positive ones that appear in sport sections of many newspapers this morning. 

Yeah, that’s me, Mr Negative 🙄

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

Yeah, that’s me, Mr Negative 🙄

That’s not what I said.  I am saying it seems odd for anyone to happily and regularly jump on board rumours from an unnamed source on a small forum... and yet be sceptical of one that has national newspapers proclaiming Scholes as a done deal. 

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Think his point was a general one Monty, I'd certainly class you as a more positive contributor. 

Made me chuckle tbh. He sits there demanding people post names, addresses  and relationships to source of all rumours, then moans that other people jump all over rumours.

PCSO Kov.

6 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Let's face it, if he is announced and we are not promoted by the end of the week it will have been the wrong decision by AL.

Scholes will be gone within 6 months and we'll be the new Orient, again.

I agree he does get a lot of blame, sometimes unfairly, but he doesn’t help himself at times. Let’s hope this appointment draws a line in the sand, because if AL walks in the dressing room, (despite promising he won’t) Scholes won’t be here two minutes.