If he’s signing in the next 10 days that could be today, tomorrow, or early next week but we’ve had so many disappointments supporting this club......until I see him sat in a press conference I’m taking all these rumours with a pinch of salt!!

35 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If he’s signing in the next 10 days that could be today, tomorrow, or early next week but we’ve had so many disappointments supporting this club......until I see him sat in a press conference I’m taking all these rumours with a pinch of salt!!

My concern is the supposed conditions laid out by Scholes. It is time Lemsagam transitions from agent to football club owner and backs away from the playing side. It is clear that his style of operation has been a problem in the last year. 

25 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I think maybe it’s more of a tactical decision from Scholes. 

Doncaster followed by MK dons on paper is highly likely to be two defeats. 

Or he can wait a few more games and take over for morcambe at home and the easier run that follows. 

Momnetum, fans on side etc etc. 

Be abit strange that because if he takes the job today he can prepare for what will be on Saturday the biggest game of the season. It gives him time to assess the squad and more time to bring people in as time is ticking on the transfer window.

The most likely reasons for any delay would be that Scholes is seeking assurances from Lemsagam or he has issues regarding the legality of his ownership at Salford.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Be abit strange that because if he takes the job today he can prepare for what will be on Saturday the biggest game of the season. It gives him time to assess the squad and more time to bring people in as time is ticking on the transfer window.

The most likely reasons for any delay would be that Scholes is seeking assurances from Lemsagam or he has issues regarding the legality of his ownership at Salford.

Agree with those scenarios also. 

Just bloody hope he gets it, if he doesn’t and that’s AL’s doing, I won’t be supporting AL in the future. 

This is a great opportunity for our club 

23 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

My concern is the supposed conditions laid out by Scholes. It is time Lemsagam transitions from agent to football club owner and backs away from the playing side. It is clear that his style of operation has been a problem in the last year. 

Yeah but we know that already! Going forward is what counts.

It would be interesting if he took the job but he has no need to do so.

I suspect it is not a case of AL having to make up his mind but rather PS needing to see the whites of his eyes when getting the confirmation that there will be no interference from above.  If that isn't given then Scholes should walk away as his reputation can only be damaged.

Seeing the team play at Macclesfield might also have given him pause for thought.

57 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Yeah but we know that already! Going forward is what counts.

That is what I'm saying.

If Scholes is willing to take on the role providing Lemsagam ceases to interfere then it must be so. As has been said, Scholes is not tied to the club because of any financial reasoning and will resign if Lemsagam does not keep to any commitment, if made, about freedom to manage.

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I think maybe it’s more of a tactical decision from Scholes. 

Doncaster followed by MK dons on paper is highly likely to be two defeats. 

Or he can wait a few more games and take over for morcambe at home and the easier run that follows. 

Momnetum, fans on side etc etc. 

Fulham on paper was a defeat and M.K have just been turned over at home to a side we saw off, Scholes needs to be here now and with hope that will lift spirits enough to make a last ditch effort towards the play-offs because another season in league two might be terminal as far as the owners concerned 

Edited by OLDHAMADE
Spelling error

Seems very strange that he'd start in 10 days once he can only make loan signings. Or maybe not... 

If it's true that AL had more investment to come in had we stayed in League One I wonder if such a high profile appointment as Scholes could bring that money back in? 

Edited by HarryBosch

27 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

If it's true that AL had more investment to come in had we stayed in League One.......

Sounds like a convenient story for having no money to invest to me..... why would A.N. Other be willing to invest some money in a loss making Ltd company without assets owned by Mr. Lemsagam -if it was in League One, but League Two be the decisive factor in pulling the investment? The League should be the least of A.N.Other person's worries in that decision making process.

Edited by lookersstandandy