4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

The usual Latics new managers press conference that has one camera and 3 or 4ย hacks may be a little busier. ย Even Keegan might turn up to the ground for a change.ย 

ย 

Hope we we have a large room available.ย 

Top floor of the North Stand!

6 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

EFL regulations seemingly indicate he is conflicted even if Salford don't go up.ย 

ย 

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/sections-10--11---association-and-dual-interests-and-additional-provisions/ย 

Heโ€™ll prob just sign is small part of the ownership to the other 4 lads. Not complicated.ย 

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

I'll get my mum to knock on.

My mum went round earlier

ย 

Hello Paul

areย you up to anything interesting this week?

ย 

our Stevenย says youโ€™ll make a great manager for the lovely Latics, much more entertaining than going all over Europe watching them foreign teams play in the โ€˜champions โ€˜ league.

ย 

anyway , see ya Paul, good luckย 

29 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Or to the wife.

ย 

ย 

ย 

Except with the prior written consent of the Board a person, or any associate of that person, who is interested in a Club cannot at the same time be interested in any other football club.

ย 

The rules extend to โ€œany associateโ€ (Mrs S) so that cunning plan wouldnโ€™t work for him.

ย 

You'd think he would have had all this planned if heโ€™s been interested in getting into management for some time. Perhaps taking the jobย with the โ€œprior written consent of the [EFL] Boardโ€ that he can do it if he commits to disposing of his interest in Salford within a certain timeframe?ย Speculation...

Iโ€™m sure he could sell them to either of the group and would get them back whenever he wanted if it didnโ€™t go well at BP. Butt is his best mate I think out the group so wouldnโ€™t surprise me if it was him he sold them to and the understanding he could get them backย 

14 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Iโ€™m sure he could sell them to either of the group and would get them back whenever he wanted if it didnโ€™t go well at BP. Butt is his best mate I think out the group so wouldnโ€™t surprise me if it was him he sold them to and the understanding he could get them backย 

Wouldn't be worth anything after the Latics under his leadership storm up the leagues and win every trophy known to football ๐Ÿ˜

7 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

ย 

Have to disagree with this.

With Scholes' financial status, it certainly won't be about the money. Scholes will feel he can make a difference and is a big enough name for him to be able to set out terms (not personal) on the way the club moves forward.

Scholes will have enough "inside" knowledge about how the club is currently run to negotiate assurances and, I'm guessing here, AL is astute enough to see this as a marketing coup and is agreeable to these assurances.

ย 

Another point (guess) I would add, maybe this is a springboard for additional financing from the Middle East.

ย 

ESPN are reporting that Scholes is in negotiations, but they are not yet completed. Is he waiting for AL to come back from Dubai with the required new investment?

ย 

ESPN also report that he will have to end his association with Salford, only if the teams are in the same division next season. ,

2 hours ago, deckyd said:

Northern reporter for mail sport.ย  Brothers a Utd fan, says this fella gets the Utd rumours right.... I myself at this point in time claim to know nothing and couldnt give a fiddlers fuk as to the rumours or whoever is eventually appointed. Thought i would share!

I certainly wasn't having a go at you!! Apologies if you thought that, just generally the ones that tweet that hardly tweet about Latics!

ย 

I really hope it's right!

I hope itโ€™s agreed andย signed. ย 

ย 

Social mediaโ€™s now awash with everyone having their view on whether heโ€™d be successful or not, whether heโ€™s a fan or not, suggesting itโ€™ll turn into a nightmare like Neville at Valencia.

ย 

ALโ€™s back tomorrow but if itโ€™s not signed I see a risk of Scholes pulling out due to all the attention. ย 

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

ย 

Social mediaโ€™s now awash with everyone having their view on whether heโ€™d be successful or not, whether heโ€™s a fan or not, suggesting itโ€™ll turn into a nightmare like Neville at Valencia.

ย 

ALโ€™s back tomorrow but if itโ€™s not signed I see a risk of Scholes pulling out due to all the attention. ย 

God knows how he managed 700+ games if a few people on Twitter bother him so much

24 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

ย 

ย 

Iโ€™m sure he hasnโ€™t spent his weekend searching the internet for approval at him taking the job!ย 

I find it amazing that despite the nunber of times that he has been linked to the managers position that it has not happened yet.

My opinion is that he can input great deal into the Club but my main concern is that should it not work out.

ย 

Like Frankie Bunn and others I would hate to eventually see him leave withย  a different affection that he as a great fan has/has for the the Latics

ย 

ย 

Edited by another fan