37 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Who do you think would be the best fit for the club then?, it's all well and good running Scholes down before he's even set foot in the joint I'd just be interested to know who you'd favour of the managers available.

Bit rich this coming from you who laid into Mr Wild as soon as he got the job albeit on a temporary basis at the time.

Who says I am running him down-just pointing out a piece of relevant news to the many on here who think he will be Gods gift to OAFC. Good players don't always make good managers.

Under the present ownership I really don't know why someone would want the job-but there will be plenty of applicants. Just wish they would appoint somebody and then get some players in.

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Another world class, one of the greatest in his position, won nearly everything in the game, commanding the respect of his contemporaries and with great contacts bites the dust as a manager after just 3 months. Thierry Henry sacked by Monaco.

#frenchmanageravailable

8 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Bit rich this coming from you who laid into Mr Wild as soon as he got the job albeit on a temporary basis at the time.

I called Wild a raffle winner which to a degree he is although that could be classed as disrespectful by some he was unknown to 90% of our own fanbase a couple of months ago and has been knocked back for jobs at a much lower level than that of a  FL club recently. 

I've also acknowledged he's done well up until the Macclesfield game but I can't have it that that is down to him it's merely the players picking and choosing when they want to perform and that is probably down to the owner rather than the way they are managed. 

He's a puppet put in place by AL in a farce of a situation which we just shouldn't be in, he's overseen the managerial duties now getting on for a full month and throughout the whole of an important transfer window and he has as much clout with the owners as I have, unless of course Sefil and Vera are his signings?.

I'm not blaming Wild he'd be a fool not to want to take the reigns at his boyhood club but it doesn't make the situation right, for the first time in years the cup gods have been kind to us and it really is one of the quickest ways to win a substantial amount of money for the club but it appears we don't really want to give ourselves a chance of getting through to the last 16 of the greatest cup competition bar none and everything that goes with it, it will be a shame if we come away from the Keepmoat tomorrow after a tight game bemoaning the fact that we were a decent striker or a quality playmaker away from a pot of gold in the 5th round of the cup, let's see what today brings but if there are no new arrivals it will be a miracle if we score tomorrow let alone win.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Another world class, one of the greatest in his position, won nearly everything in the game, commanding the respect of his contemporaries and with great contacts bites the dust as a manager after just 3 months. Thierry Henry sacked by Monaco.

Totally understand your point, but (hard to believe it's even possible) the things going on behind the scenes there are even worse than with us!  Not convinced that Henry will be a good manager, but that job was a poisoned chalice from the start.

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm not blaming Wild he'd be a fool not to want to take the reigns at his boyhood club.

He’d be a fool if he took the job (and if you watch his interviews, he’s has much said that), because he’d be unemployed within 6 month, and he’d have had to put up with an owner that constantly storms in to the dressing room kicking off with the players after every defeat, and fickle fans calling for his head when we don’t win !!!  

Edited by mad4it

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I called Wild a raffle winner which to a degree he is although that could be classed as disrespectful by some he was unknown to 90% of our own fanbase a couple of months ago and has been knocked back for jobs at a much lower level than that of a  FL club recently. 

I've also acknowledged he's done well up until the Macclesfield game but I can't have it that that is down to him it's merely the players picking and choosing when they want to perform and that is probably down to the owner rather than the way they are managed. 

He's a puppet put in place by AL in a farce of a situation which we just shouldn't be in, he's overseen the managerial duties now getting on for a full month and throughout the whole of an important transfer window and he has as much clout with the owners as I have, unless of course Sefil and Vera are his signings?.

I'm not blaming Wild he'd be a fool not to want to take the reigns at his boyhood club but it doesn't make the situation right, for the first time in years the cup gods have been kind to us and it really is one of the quickest ways to win a substantial amount of money for the club but it appears we don't really want to give ourselves a chance of getting through to the last 16 of the greatest cup competition bar none and everything that goes with it, it will be a shame if we come away from the Keepmoat tomorrow after a tight game bemoaning the fact that we were a decent striker or a quality playmaker away from a pot of gold in the 5th round of the cup, let's see what today brings but if there are no new arrivals it will be a miracle if we score tomorrow let alone win.

Good post.  :chubb:

11 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

If he was doing that well with us he’d be gone to a bigger club within two of those seasons. 

I honestly don't think he would, there's an obvious job or two he would take but I don't don't think he has it in him to tout himself around to anyone who will listen as has been the case recently with managers we've given opportunities too, it's all hypothetical of course.

I suppose it is possible that Wild could still be in 'temporary' charge at the end of the season as one candidate after another realises (how they don't know is a mystery) what is going on.  It will need either someone so desperate or someone able to persuade our illustrious owner to change ways.  I hope Scholes if appointed has been able to get the assurances he must need and we have a manager who can pick his best team.  The playoffs are in easy reach with the right man at the helm.