and Staff.

Queuing for a beer in the fans bar was a joke….what’s happened to the vending machines? To buy a pie you had to have cash and the correct money or queue up for a food voucher at the bar, the girl had no float, no till and no change….what’s that all about??

The entertainment in there was 1st class yesterday but basic organisation is sadly lacking!! 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Queuing for a beer in the fans bar was a joke….what’s happened to the vending machines? To buy a pie you had to have cash and the correct money or queue up for a food voucher at the bar, the girl had no float, no till and no change….what’s that all about??

The entertainment in there was 1st class yesterday but basic organisation is sadly lacking!! 

And the food outlet in the Main Stand paddock RRE was closed yesterday for some reason that nobody seemed able to explain. 

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Similar to the team performance only minus the entertainment. :D 
The pandemic appears to have fucked up society's ability to deal with jangling and folding currency.

3 hours ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

And the food outlet in the Main Stand paddock RRE was closed yesterday for some reason that nobody seemed able to explain. 

Too be fair, this kiosk closure was out of the clubs control. It needed urgent internal maintenance due to a flood but will be open as normal at the next game!!.👍👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Apparently Mark Sheridan is back as Club Secretary. He was here under the Lemsagam brothers - think he went off to Burton.

Someone on Twitter also mentioned that Steve Brown may have left... 

Not seen Brown for weeks, went about the same time as Brooke didn't he?

15 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Apparently Mark Sheridan is back as Club Secretary. He was here under the Lemsagam brothers - think he went off to Burton.

Someone on Twitter also mentioned that Steve Brown may have left...

Mark has been back for about 2 or 3 months I believe. Very decent lad who only left for Burton as it was it a much shorter commute at the time.

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2021 at 6:54 PM, rudemedic said:

Club doctor - Dr Rob Beardsell has left, and the club are actively recruiting. https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2021/july/16072021-club-doctor/

Presumably, until the post is filled, we will be paying extra for this required post on matchdays. 

FWIW the club needs to improve its advert there’s a glaring omission, but this is my field and I don’t expect the club administration to be as keyed in as I am. 

Dr Beardsell's replacements must not have been available last night, as that was definitely him running "like Monty Python" (not my words BTW Doc) across the pitch a few times.

Edited by rudemedic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, singe said:

Didn't quite catch it, but Roy basically said Muzza was at a recent game and potentially back at the Academy.

I thought they said his name but couldn't be 100%...

The main commentator said he'd heard he was coming back and Roy backed it up by saying he was at a recent game.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

I thought they said his name but couldn't be 100%...

The main commentator said he'd heard he was coming back and Roy backed it up by saying he was at a recent game.

6 hours ago, singe said:

Didn't quite catch it, but Roy basically said Muzza was at a recent game and potentially back at the Academy.

My understanding from the conversation Roy was having with Mikey Brown was that an application from Murray may be received favourably if he's interested but given Murray lives in London (Borehamwood) he may not be that interested.

I think whoever it is needs to get on well with Unsworth. 

6 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

My understanding from the conversation Roy was having with Mikey Brown was that an application from Murray may be received favourably if he's interested but given Murray lives in London (Borehamwood) he may not be that interested.

I think whoever it is needs to get on well with Unsworth. 

Is that not the guy who's just left? Murray's currently working with Blackpool isn't he?

16 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Is that not the guy who's just left? Murray's currently working with Blackpool isn't he?

The team our youths beat 3-0 on Saturday.

He's a fine man and think he'd jump at the chance to coach here.