7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

How on earth does Barry Owen look in a mirror and tell himself he's fit to be a director. Staggering. 

I've always tried to give the bloke the benefit of the doubt like I would with anyone I have never met and assumed he must bring something to the party.

I'll still assume he does but after five minutes of that interview I was no longer in any doubt that there is no way he should be anywhere near the boardroom. He accepted being left completely in the dark and any director in that position simply has to make a principled stand, not least for their own protection. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

You know they want to push him out? You know they want to work against him? 

Or are you just guessing? 

Personally, I have no idea what there purpose is. What I do know is AL’s track record, and it ain’t good. 

It was a question. Hence the question mark.

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

I really find people’s suspicion of fans and defending of AL bizarre. Have we had a memory lapse?? 

Question. 

If you could have the choice in the next few years of who owned us outright. 

Would people want AL or for us to be fan owned? 

Who is defending AL? Nobody.

Choice between some of the morons that support us running the club or AL? I'd probably take SC back over either of those options. If he's not free I'd take Theresa May

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I've always tried to give the bloke the benefit of the doubt like I would with anyone I have never met and assumed he must bring something to the party.

I'll still assume he does but after five minutes of that interview I was no longer in any doubt that there is no way he should be anywhere near the boardroom. He accepted being left completely in the dark and any director in that position simply has to make a principled stand, not least for their own protection. 

Have to agree.

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

I really find people’s suspicion of fans and defending of AL bizarre. Have we had a memory lapse?? 

Question. 

Depends which fans? Detective Barry Butterbean is supposedly a fan. 

If it was a choice between Marco and Barry I chose Marco every time. The same can be said for lots of other fans. 

I think the issue around the fan-led group being anonymous is one that isn't going to go away until they lose their anonymity. I can hazard a decent guess as to some of the likely candidates, after all there aren't many Oldham fans who can afford it, and I know some of them. 

There was something unsettling about that interview with Barry.  And I don't think it was just that he sounds like he was smashing his way through a bag of toffees.  Most of it seemed to be him on the offensive against Corney, the trust and the fan led group.  I don't know him, have had no dealings with him, but there is something untrustworthy about that interview.

I'm willing to cut Abdallah some slack re the interview as English isn't his first language, and he can also be judged by results on the pitch, player and coach signings etc.  But it'd be great if a key person on the board had a more forward looking, collaborative and positive approach rather than spend this bit of media exposure trying to blame anyone and everyone else for the current position.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Depends which fans? Detective Barry Butterbean is supposedly a fan. 

If it was a choice between Marco and Barry I chose Marco every time. The same can be said for lots of other fans. 

I think the issue around the fan-led group being anonymous is one that isn't going to go away until they lose their anonymity. I can hazard a decent guess as to some of the likely candidates, after all there aren't many Oldham fans who can afford it, and I know some of them. 

Barry is in bed with Marco. Do you mean someone of Barry’s Ilk in the fan group? If so, that’s terrifying. . another detective shitpeas. 

I don’t know many latics fans personally, which is exactly my point. I judge on what I see. AL has a track record. The fans don’t- Yet. 

Even if I don’t know who the fan group are, but they do things in the best interest of club, I will be happy. If they don’t, I will have the same beef as I do with AL. 

Lets see what transpires. 

Actions always speak louder than words. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

There was something unsettling about that interview with Barry.  And I don't think it was just that he sounds like he was smashing his way through a bag of toffees.  Most of it seemed to be him on the offensive against Corney, the trust and the fan led group.  I don't know him, have had no dealings with him, but there is something untrustworthy about that interview.

I'm willing to cut Abdallah some slack re the interview as English isn't his first language, and he can also be judged by results on the pitch, player and coach signings etc.  But it'd be great if a key person on the board had a more forward looking, collaborative and positive approach rather than spend this bit of media exposure trying to blame anyone and everyone else for the current position.

😂

Just f**king swallow it Barry.  . The sweet I mean. 

He got his usual, ‘what the fans have to realise is’ in the first two minutes. 

What’s unsettling, is that Barry is a classic brown nose. Who will say, and do anything to remain in the directors box. Hence why he said nothing, did nothing, and sat on his arse for two years while being shut out by Corney. Barry defended when Simon liked him, and know he slags him off know there is new show in town. Eventually, AL will start ignoring him. And guess what- Barry will say nothing, and do nothing. Then there will be a new show in town. . . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

Question. 

Yet another person trying to polarise other people’s opinions. 

To query the fan group motivations snd intentions is not to support AL.  Nothing to do with each other.  

If all this is true about AL having to focus on other areas more urgently rather than the playing side you can forgive him for the past 12-18 months, it seems like we where in a mess and he has dragged us out of that it seems. He’s already battling with Corney, now seems like he’s battling with Blitz, so makes his job even harder. 

From that interview alone, it seems like this fan led group will be trying to push him out, that’s not fact it’s just what I have taken from it. AL doesn’t  have a clue who they are and that in my opinion can not be a positive, who knows what how that will change the operations of the club ? No one knows apart from them, and if they are past employees or annoyed fans this could lead to serious distribution between AL and them, further distracting AL from the playing side. If AL and this fan led group could work together, I assumed this was the case up until yesterday, then it could be a positive as it will remove the previous owners. 

I want AL to get us on a stable footing, which seems he almost has done, he should then be given the time and space to conduct the plan he has announced to us. If after that time period we are still here, then I’m sure he would have inevitably moved on anyways, just give the man a chance without any distractions. 

P.S - I have been very critical of him and I’m not thrilled he’s out owner but it is what it is, he needs a chance. 

Just now, kowenicki said:

To query the fan group motivations snd intentions is not to support AL.  Nothing to do with each other.

It is when it's taking attention away from what should be the core aim - either getting full clarity on, or doing something about, the guy who currently  looks like he's taking us down the rabbit hole.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, True Tic said:

A group of responsible fans every time, the group part hopefully adding a more democratic element to daily business rather than the alleged dictatorship which seems to be in place at the moment.

I’d have no problem with a “dictatorship” (a bit melodramatic) if it produces results 

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

It is when it's taking attention away from what should be the core aim - either getting full clarity on, or doing something about, the guy who currently  looks like he's taking us down the rabbit hole.

Given that this group clearly (for me) want to push him out, then I think it would be negligent not to scrutinise them to the same degree as AL.  

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

You know they want to push him out? You know they want to work against him? 

Or are you just guessing? 

Personally, I have no idea what there purpose is. What I do know is AL’s track record, and it ain’t good. 

Of course they do... 😂

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Given that this group clearly (for me) want to push him out, then I think it would be negligent not to scrutinise them to the same degree as AL.  

By “scrutinise” do you mean discuss them and go off on loads of tangents on an internet message board, passing opinion & speculation off as fact along the way? 😁

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

What’s their plan then? 

Can you send me a link? 

I too am guessing but I’d say they plan to be ready to step in and takeover the club should AL run us out of business or to force him out from a position of strength (owning the land & ground) should the shitshow continue. 

If the fan investment side of it will offer the opportunity of turning a profit at some point in the future I’d imagine it might also involve building a few more houses or buildings to rent to the hospital.... 

Edited by HarryBosch

"melodramatic" ,  give over.  Half the posters on here have absolutely slated the current chairman almost since day one accusing him of alsorts of malpractice towards staff.

I have no problem with a fan led group if that produced results

I will once again hold back any judgement or bile until I've seen the appointment of his head coach and seen the calibre of player he brings in. If this is indeed a three year plan o get us into league 1 I expect the latter to be similar recruitment to previous seasons. The former, AL has said himself that the guy needs to produce results to stay in a job. Hopefully who ever AL brings in will catch on and stays the long haul. Until recruitment starts I really can't say whether this interview has any value or not. 

Now i am aware that Abdallah may have made the odd mistake during his tenure of the club But, he does have a very warm smile, has impeccable dress sense and an uncanny ability to discover world beating wingers !

He has provided a clear and concise plan showing a route to Championship football in an impressive time frame.

If what he says is to be believed,then he has been well and truly taken to the cleaners during his purchase of the club suffering a massive financial blow.

it is all too easy to say his legal team should have found any irregularities, they didn't, stuff like that happens.

I sit here and think, maybe we should forgive his past indiscretions ( chaining Jack Byrne to a basement radiator apart) and get behind the guy, give him some support and oppose this faceless group of moneymen who may attempt to overthrow him.

Say what you like about Abdallah but he hasn't built so much as a garden shed at Boundary Park and he has never asked you all to chip in to buy the club....

• Thanks 1