Scunthorpe(A)

17 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Vera is one of AL and MOs boys and he couldn't even make the bench last night...says it all really

And here i was  thinking that Al and Mo interfere with team selection? Vera couldnt Make the bench last night, or have they to realised that Vera is stealing a wage ? 

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

And here i was  thinking that Al and Mo interfere with team selection? Vera couldnt Make the bench last night, or have they to realised that Vera is stealing a wage ? 

McHale is appearing on the bench I see. How long before his debut?

43 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

-12 days he came on against Plymouth. 

I can see him playing for us, but with Smith clearly ahead of him in the pecking order it might be a while before he gets more than a few minutes in a League game. 

19 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

If we were that “shite” you’d have took me up on my bet that we would be relegated wouldn’t you ? You ignored it ! Since then we seem to have improved. So how about £100 we finish above 89th ? 

I'm not a betting person. Besides my benchmark for shite is much higher than 89th. Lower than 10th is at least my benchmark.

Anything could happen in between. We might ditch the 10 padding players, sign a decent striker and defender, appoint Murray or Morais and it will change things. So I'm going to decline your bet, thanks all the same.
But I am comfortable to back my view. How about £20 to the running of OWTB that we don't finish in the top half, 13th or lower. I'm happy enough to lose that money if I lose the bet. If we scrape 12th on goal difference or couple of points I'll still pay, but be saying only blood just. If you win, you'll be entitled to gloat all you like.

48 minutes ago, singe said:

I'm not a betting person. Besides my benchmark for shite is much higher than 89th. Lower than 10th is at least my benchmark.

Anything could happen in between. We might ditch the 10 padding players, sign a decent striker and defender, appoint Murray or Morais and it will change things. So I'm going to decline your bet, thanks all the same.
But I am comfortable to back my view. How about £20 to the running of OWTB that we don't finish in the top half, 13th or lower. I'm happy enough to lose that money if I lose the bet. If we scrape 12th on goal difference or couple of points I'll still pay, but be saying only blood just. If you win, you'll be entitled to gloat all you like.

Ill take that on if Simply doesn’t take it. 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Another wide player, theres only so much room for these wide players.. i thinl personaly think.Benide is at last chance saloon,running out of time and i sensed with his interview, puts all the blame for Tuesday night onto his players..Saving face i think.. We are playing good football but im getting to the stage were i would rather see long ball tatics hard to play agianst and scrape the 1-0 win

1 hour ago, singe said:

No I’m out thanks. I wouldn’t be gloating  about 12th either. I think anything outside the playoffs is piss poor. I’m just saying like I’ve said all along we won’t get relegated. Will I see that as success. Of course not. Bit of perspective...

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

Another wide player, theres only so much room for these wide players.. i thinl personaly think.Benide is at last chance saloon,running out of time and i sensed with his interview, puts all the blame for Tuesday night onto his players..Saving face i think.. We are playing good football but im getting to the stage were i would rather see long ball tatics hard to play agianst and scrape the 1-0 win

We aren't playing good football if we were we'd be winning. We do try to pass the ball abit but the minute any team presses us we give it away all too easily, it doesn't mean we should revert to long ball but we need to stop giving the ball away so cheaply particularly in the final 3rd.

25 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We aren't playing good football if we were we'd be winning. We do try to pass the ball abit but the minute any team presses us we give it away all too easily, it doesn't mean we should revert to long ball but we need to stop giving the ball away so cheaply particularly in the final 3rd.

I was planning on watching the full game but had a laptop crash and work call, which meant I only saw the last 15 mins of first half, and from about 55 mins onwards.  From what I watched, I saw a team that had good spells of passing, but never really put together a period of sustained pressure where you could say we were the dominating team.  Even when we were 2 up, I never felt that we were the better side other than for the odd 60 second period.  We're a strange team to watch really.  It feels like there could be something there, but it never really comes out.  I think the lack of quality in key areas (centre mid and striker) are the main cause for that.  I'd be surprised if we were much further up the table by the new year.  

I hadn't even noticed Maouche was on the pitch when he got subbed on 90 mins.  The game totally passed him by.

4 hours ago, nzlatic said:

I was planning on watching the full game but had a laptop crash and work call, which meant I only saw the last 15 mins of first half, and from about 55 mins onwards.  From what I watched, I saw a team that had good spells of passing, but never really put together a period of sustained pressure where you could say we were the dominating team.  Even when we were 2 up, I never felt that we were the better side other than for the odd 60 second period.  We're a strange team to watch really.  It feels like there could be something there, but it never really comes out.  I think the lack of quality in key areas (centre mid and striker) are the main cause for that.  I'd be surprised if we were much further up the table by the new year.  

I hadn't even noticed Maouche was on the pitch when he got subbed on 90 mins.  The game totally passed him by.

So you watched fifty out of the ninety minutes. Just over half the game. We had fourteen players who played a part in the game. 

Yet the only player you single out for criticism is Maouche. Speaks volumes.

If you had watched the whole game, you would have noticed that Banide started with a formation which had Maouche playing deep in front of the back four with Missilou pushing forward to support Eagles,. Morais and Branger played wider but often went narrow to bolster the midfield.

This worked extremely well and all five, including Maouche, played well.

We scored two goals.

When Eagles went off, Sylla played in front of the back four and Maouche was pushed forward. Ten minutes later Smith replaced Branger.

We conceded two goals.

Maybe the game passed you by? 😃

4 hours ago, nzlatic said:

That pretty much sums it up.

In short I think Banide is trying to get us to play the right way he just hasn't got the quality to get enough results.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

So you watched fifty out of the ninety minutes. Just over half the game. We had fourteen players who played a part in the game. 

If you had watched the whole game, you would have noticed that Banide started with a formation which had Maouche playing deep in front of the back four with Missilou pushing forward to support Eagles,. Morais and Branger played wider but often went narrow to bolster the midfield.

We scored two goals.

When Eagles went off, Sylla played in front of the back four and Maouche was pushed forward. Ten minutes later Smith replaced Branger.

We conceded two goals.

Spot on.

Some just see what they want and can’t wait to tell us.  

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

We scored two goals.

We conceded two goals.

I’ve been drawn in a few times to responding to this pathetic misrepresentation of what I or someone else has said and it was starting to really wind me up. So I made a little promise to myself to stop. 

Our opinions differ, I’ll just leave it there. 

11 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Spot on.

Some just see what they want and can’t wait to tell us.  

Whereas some Lemsagam apologist will always happy clap. 

It was 4am or some ridiculous time, NZ's far more dedicated than most, including me. 

Just now, singe said:

It was 4am or some ridiculous time, NZ's far more dedicated than most, including me. 

I should probably change my username, it’s been 9 years since I came back to England!

10 minutes ago, singe said:

Does not regularly use four letter words to describe owner or team = AL apologist or happy clapper. 

No room for shades of light or dark.  Everything must be fucking crap, always. 

19 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I’ve been drawn in a few times to responding to this pathetic misrepresentation of what I or someone else has said and it was starting to really wind me up. So I made a little promise to myself to stop. 

Our opinions differ, I’ll just leave it there. 

To be fair when I saw your post that drew the response, I had a little bet with myself about how long it would take for the Maouche fan club to respond. 

2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

To be fair when I saw your post that drew the response, I had a little bet with myself about how long it would take for the Maouche fan club to respond. 

Yeah... used to be like that with Dan Gardner too.  Fun times. 

9 hours ago, singe said:

About that bet..... 

Archived