Cheltenham (H)⚽️

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

37 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I like Missilou but him and Sylla are essentially just ball winners they can run and tackle but can't do much else. Which is one of the main reasons we spent the majority of the 2nd half chasing Cheltenham Town around Boundary Park yesterday. When we did get the ball we just gave it them back. Because not only did we have nothing upfront but we couldn't pass the ball through the midfield either.

Ye missilou can't do anything but run and tackle. That's why he's scored 3 this season already.

How many times did Missilou misplace a pass yesterday, or Sylla? Not many.

You're either on the wind up, completely biased because they're AL's boys, or you're just not watching games.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Whether he did or didn't he'll still spout the usual.

Missilou I'd put as our most saleable asset at the moment. Sylla also coming on massively. 

So the 2 midfielders who did so well yesterday were part of a team that only had 36% possession at home to Cheltenham Town, thats Cheltenham fucking Town and you think our central midfield is a strong point of this team?

We had 295 passes and 67% were successful which meant we misplaced 97 passes (no it wasnt all them but they misplaced plenty). Now if we are struggling to get hold of the ball at home to Cheltenham Town that is a poor reflection of our midfield. Yes their are other factors mainly our lack of any competent forward at the club but our midfield is weak also.

Both Missilou and Sylla will put a shift in but they aren't particularly good with the ball at their feet and thats why this is the peak of their careers and they won't go higher than here. They are both 27 they are not going to get better.

Dread to think how much lower we would be without Missilou & Sylla this season.Would think most of those 97 missed passes are by defenders.

But Mouche,where do we start!!!!

It's bad enough he starts every game but the fact he can continually play shite and not get subbed is beyond comprehension , this fact alone proves that the manager can't have any control of selection because no manager worth his salt could watch a complete lazy arse like that and not want to drag him off after 15 minutes.

4 hours ago, al_bro said:

I was really surprised when I heard the attendance. There were supposedly around 3300 home fans which is 300 more than the last home game. Looking around the stadium I thought there were fewer fans than the previous game.

tbh am glad they called 3,496 as I was only 20 or so out in my prediction for this week 👏

Crowd numbers are dire but not unexpected

We’re not playing anyone who brings a decent following until after Christmas v Salford who you would  think should bring 1,500+

Hopefully we get a decent FA Cup draw 

40 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I like Missilou, but if he’s our most saleable asset then I think it’s fair to say that this ‘model’ has well and truly failed. 

After 2 years and god knows how many foreign players the profit made from them stands at a big fat £0 is probably the best evidence that it has failed.

Although in fairness we can't say with any certainty that is the plan though. 

If we wanted to do that we would be better off investing in players like Matt Broom who was the best player on the pitch yesterday.

His record this season is

12 Apps 5 goals and 3 assists.

Compare that to Maouche 

11 appearances 1 goal and 2 assists.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Ye missilou can't do anything but run and tackle. That's why he's scored 3 this season already.

How many times did Missilou misplace a pass yesterday, or Sylla? Not many.

You're either on the wind up, completely biased because they're AL's boys, or you're just not watching games.

3 goals Ha Check.Mate Glossop!

That takes his tally to 4 goals in 62 appearances for the club.

Right I like him, actually no really I do, what he needs is to be playing alongside a player who can put his foot on the ball and who keeps possession and can improve our passing him and Sylla are too similar.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

So the 2 midfielders who did so well yesterday were part of a team that only had 36% possession at home to Cheltenham Town, thats Cheltenham fucking Town and you think our central midfield is a strong point of this team?

We had 295 passes and 67% were successful which meant we misplaced 97 passes (no it wasnt all them but they misplaced plenty). Now if we are struggling to get hold of the ball at home to Cheltenham Town that is a poor reflection of our midfield. Yes their are other factors mainly our lack of any competent forward at the club but our midfield is weak also.

Both Missilou and Sylla will put a shift in but they aren't particularly good with the ball at their feet and thats why this is the peak of their careers and they won't go higher than here. They are both 27 they are not going to get better.

Most of those 97 were probably Iacovitti hoofing it down the line aimlessly 

Sylla has been our best player the last month or so. It’s just a shame that him and Missilou shouldn’t be played together at home. One needs to be sacrificed for someone like eagles. This one up front (or zero up front which it effectively was yesterday) needs to stop. 

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

There are exceptions, David Eyres did ok after 27. Jamie Vardy probably improved too.

5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

After 2 years and god knows how many foreign players the profit made from them stands at a big fat £0 is probably the best evidence that it has failed.

Although in fairness we can't say with any certainty that is the plan though. 

If we wanted to do that we would be better off investing in players like Matt Broom who was the best player on the pitch yesterday.

His record this season is

12 Apps 5 goals and 3 assists.

Compare that to Maouche 

11 appearances 1 goal and 2 assists.

Matt Broom very impressive sweeper for sure.

10 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Missilou is on  one year contract he signed one in the summer after his 1 year deal came here came to an end. Guessing he didn't get too many other offers from other clubs.

I like Missilou but him and Sylla are essentially just ball winners they can run and tackle but can't do much else. Which is one of the main reasons we spent the majority of the 2nd half chasing Cheltenham Town around Boundary Park yesterday. When we did get the ball we just gave it them back. Because not only did we have nothing upfront but we couldn't pass the ball through the midfield either.

Missilou has interest from league 1 ready for the jan transfer window, far too good for this league. 

7 hours ago, oldhamoafc said:

Sylla has been our best player the last month or so. It’s just a shame that him and Missilou shouldn’t be played together at home. One needs to be sacrificed for someone like eagles. This one up front (or zero up front which it effectively was yesterday) needs to stop. 

I think this nails it. At home I'd rather see one of them replaced with someone more attack-minded. 

Although I think you could play Missilou and Sylla together if there were someone further forward who could hold the ball up well, instead of Maouche. 

Put a big fella up front with these two in the middle and you'd have a standard old school lower league 4-4-2. 

8 hours ago, oldhamoafc said:

Sylla and Missilou should be played together. Missilou does very well to get box to box, albeit sometimes lacking the little quality in final third. Maoche should be dropped for a big striker or someone who can hold the ball up and get us forward and we need some sort of attacking help from our full backs, who offer next to no attacking threat. Expecting 2 wingers to supply a ball into the box to one small striker. Its embarrassing tactics.

4 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Missilou has interest from league 1 ready for the jan transfer window, far too good for this league. 

If thats the case sell. If hes too good for league 2 what's your thoughts on the rest of our midfield because if one of them is too good for the league and yet we are getting dominated in games then you must think the other 3-4 are pub standard.

Archived