#ReclaimTheFaith

4 hours ago, Pidge said:

Has anyone heard that Oldham Athletic have lost control of the Darlington gravel car park near the RRE. All the staff/players etc are moved to the hospital. The Darlington car park will be pay and display.  I wonder who owns that land. If it’s Blitz, maybe he is getting awkward. 

Darlington? Is that the one that's just up from the official car park? 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supporters stories of becoming an Oldham fan, memories, favourite games etc are being added to our website everyday. There is some really good ones to read. Have a look and then send us yours, whether it is a couple of lines or a couple of paragraphs get it sent to us. 

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/you-are-my-oldham

You can send your stories to 

info@pushtheboundary.co.uk

2 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Supporters stories of becoming an Oldham fan, memories, favourite games etc are being added to our website everyday. There is some really good ones to read. Have a look and then send us yours, whether it is a couple of lines or a couple of paragraphs get it sent to us. 

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/you-are-my-oldham

You can send your stories to 

info@pushtheboundary.co.uk

As you say, all of the written accounts are done so with a rare emotion that captures the very essence of what it means to be a fan. Abdallah could do worse than to spend an hour or so reading through the stories to understand what the club means to so many. Maybe then he would understand why so many feel so disconnected from their club. Maybe then he would listen to what is needed to get us back onto an upward trajectory. Maybe then he would act before it’s too late.

31 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

As you say, all of the written accounts are done so with a rare emotion that captures the very essence of what it means to be a fan. Abdallah could do worse than to spend an hour or so reading through the stories to understand what the club means to so many. Maybe then he would understand why so many feel so disconnected from their club. Maybe then he would listen to what is needed to get us back onto an upward trajectory. Maybe then he would act before it’s too late.

Or maybe he will walk around with Shitpeas head up his arse and carry on as before. 

I've been reading Roy's book. Apparently when Sheridan took over as permanent manager from Richie, he was told by Chris Moore to play 3 5 2. It wasn't working very well so Shez took his track suit off to put himself on the pitch, only to be asked what he where he was going (by one of Moore's company directors, who was there to make sure the instructions were being carried out) I hope you are not going to change the system. Shez replied "No, I'm the only one who knows how to play it". 

Being told how to play even happened in those days. It's still not right though.

17 hours ago, al_bro said:

I've been reading Roy's book. Apparently when Sheridan took over as permanent manager from Richie, he was told by Chris Moore to play 3 5 2. It wasn't working very well so Shez took his track suit off to put himself on the pitch, only to be asked what he where he was going (by one of Moore's company directors, who was there to make sure the instructions were being carried out) I hope you are not going to change the system. Shez replied "No, I'm the only one who knows how to play it". 

Being told how to play even happened in those days. It's still not right though.

I worked out each ALMO managers stats yesterday.

It struck me that we did better back when they were definitely meddling than we have been doing while they claim to not have been....

Yeah, I forgot Banide at first....

Hypothetical question time, but if AL were to move the club to another ground what would be the repercussions?

Would he be allowed to by the FA (if it was a ground that met their criteria?) I assume yes, given Coventry shared with Northampton previously and Birmingham currently.

Would that mean he would have removed the threat of admin from Blitz from the table? Obviously he has monies owed to Blitz since he bought the club and there would be an inevitable drop in ST's but if he picked a ground that was relatively close (Bury maybe?) then I'd imagine we'd still have over 1,000 staunch fans following us regardless. Could his strategy be to pick up Bury fans? We've never had a rivalry so the more placid ones may prefer that to no football.

How likely is this to happen? It'll take a sea-change for the relationship between the FLG and (by proxy), Blitz to thaw. Does that make it more likely or has Blitz got him by the short and curlies? 

Or maybe AL is already working on his exit strategy after getting involved in a nest of eels that he might not have touched with the benefit of foresight?

17 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Hypothetical question time, but if AL were to move the club to another ground what would be the repercussions?

Would he be allowed to by the FA (if it was a ground that met their criteria?) I assume yes, given Coventry shared with Northampton previously and Birmingham currently.

Would that mean he would have removed the threat of admin from Blitz from the table? Obviously he has monies owed to Blitz since he bought the club and there would be an inevitable drop in ST's but if he picked a ground that was relatively close (Bury maybe?) then I'd imagine we'd still have over 1,000 staunch fans following us regardless. Could his strategy be to pick up Bury fans? We've never had a rivalry so the more placid ones may prefer that to no football.

How likely is this to happen? It'll take a sea-change for the relationship between the FLG and (by proxy), Blitz to thaw. Does that make it more likely or has Blitz got him by the short and curlies? 

Or maybe AL is already working on his exit strategy after getting involved in a nest of eels that he might not have touched with the benefit of foresight?

Difference between us and Coventry is that we have a long term lease in place

16 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

No doesn’t remove the threat of administration. 

OAFC owes money to Brassbank. 

There is also a lease in place which obliges OAFC to pay rent to Brassbank. The rent isn’t being paid, so the amount of money being owed is increasing. 

If leaves the ground the obligation of the lease would presumably still exist, unless there was agreement to release OAFC from it, or the lease was reassigned to someone else. 

If my tenant wasn’t paying me the rent due I would do something about it. 

Of course, AL disputes that either the debt exists, or in fact the lease obligation. 

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I don't think anybody could reasonably expect to pick up fans from another league club (I know Bury aren't now). If the boot was on the other foot would Latics fans support another league club? As someone has said another ground would be the final nail in the coffin. 

37 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I don't think anybody could reasonably expect to pick up fans from another league club (I know Bury aren't now). If the boot was on the other foot would Latics fans support another league club? As someone has said another ground would be the final nail in the coffin. 

Not done a survey, but I dont think many Bury fans are travelling to watch the current Latics team in this exciting division.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not done a survey, but I dont think many Bury fans are travelling to watch the current Latics team in this exciting division.

It doesn't need a survey, logic tells you that Bury fans are waiting for a new Bury to start up ideally at Gigg Lane, those that aren't will not be arsed following another club. 

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I would imagine that he could do that if the ground he moved us to met certain standards. There are one or two reasonable non league grounds (Mossley, Curzon Ashton) that I’m sure we could share. Both have capacities of around 4K so there should be no problem accommodating our dwindling fan base. 😉 

25 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I would imagine that he could do that if the ground he moved us to met certain standards. There are one or two reasonable non league grounds (Mossley, Curzon Ashton) that I’m sure we could share. Both have capacities of around 4K so there should be no problem accommodating our dwindling fan base. 😉 

Some interesting stories.

https://www.betting-offers.com/2019/08/football-clubs-that-have-gone-bust/

56 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

You'd still be there I'm sure Big D

I can't see how AL thinks he doesn't need to pay the rent just because the SC didn't pay it. If I rent a house and find out later that the landlord let a friend or a member of his family live their rent free, I couldn't argue that I wouldn't pay because they didn't and would be evicted. Blitz could evict AL if he doesn't pay up, but he is loathe to do it.

As for going to Bury. That would be the beginning of the end of OAFC, and I don't think the FA would allow it. 

12 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I can't see how AL thinks he doesn't need to pay the rent just because the SC didn't pay it. If I rent a house and find out later that the landlord let a friend or a member of his family live their rent free, I couldn't argue that I wouldn't pay because they didn't and would be evicted. Blitz could evict AL if he doesn't pay up, but he is loathe to do it.

As for going to Bury. That would be the beginning of the end of OAFC, and I don't think the FA would allow it. 

Do they have an OL Postcode?

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

If we moved to Mossley or Curzon, I'd not be surprised if we'd still get a couple of thousand-ish.

I do think unless something drastic happens, we'll be down the 2k season tickets next season.

Almost if you haven't protested by now, you never will. 

I'm leaning to that being the plan. Create a fictitious impossible situation, like the current battle get the lawyer on the Board to battle it out and move out a la Coventry. by lowering the overheads it's still possible to compete is their thought.

55 minutes ago, singe said:

If we moved to Mossley or Curzon, I'd not be surprised if we'd still get a couple of thousand-ish.

I do think unless something drastic happens, we'll be down the 2k season tickets next season.

Almost if you haven't protested by now, you never will. 

I'm leaning to that being the plan. Create a fictitious impossible situation, like the current battle get the lawyer on the Board to battle it out and move out a la Coventry. by lowering the overheads it's still possible to compete is their thought.

They'd have to lower them sufficiently enough to outweigh the loss of so many paying supporters.

So they won't.

Sadly I don't think they give a fuck though. 

It's all just a bizarre power game. 

I bet Blitz & the FLG are as bemused as they are pissed off with the lengths they're going to and the money they're willing to piss away just to "win". 

Archived