#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Awaiting the same answers to ANOTHER letter. May as well write a letter to Santa for the use you'll get from a reply. Been done to death. Barry will just copy and paste. 

On t'other hand, at least these 4 aren't hiding like half The FLG

Fair play

It’s not about the letter. The letter is the start of a process (a long one).

The letter is a point of reference and ensures the owner knows why (exactly why) a protest movement has been launched. It has to start with a communication of this type.

The group (and by implication our fans) can’t then be accused of not being open with the owner about their position and the issues we have with the owner. Transparency. Any movement (Latics or otherwise) starts with this.

The group says it doesn’t expect a response but it vital that that letter is issued and signed by as many people as possible.

33 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

On t'other hand, at least these 4 aren't hiding like half The FLG

Could that maybe be because they don't, understandably, want their names broadcasting as being involved in a  multi million pound business deal as people involved in multi million pound business deals often don't? 

2 minutes ago, Andy b said:

It’s not about the letter. The letter is the start of a process (a long one).

The letter is a point of reference and ensures the owner knows why (exactly why) a protest movement has been launched. It has to start with a communication of this type.

The group (and by implication our fans) can’t then be accused of not being open with the owner about their position and the issues we have with the owner. Transparency. Any movement (Latics or otherwise) starts with this.

The group says it doesn’t expect a response but it vital that that letter is issued and signed by as many people as possible.

Makes me want to scream this word and all the lazy platitudes that come with. 

Run the business side of the club well, treat staff properly, don't do anything that puts the future of the club in jeopardy, sign some better players & coaches, get us promoted..... 

If they did all that I wouldn't give a flying fuck about being privy to a single detail of how they went about doing it...

8 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Run the business side of the club well, treat staff properly, don't do anything that puts the future of the club in jeopardy, sign some better players & coaches, get us promoted..... 

If they did all that I wouldn't give a flying fuck about being privy to a single detail of how they went about doing it...

You miss understand.

The importance of transparency here is that the club know what specifically what the fans issues are and what the fans want to club to be.

I agree with your wider point however. 

Well done to these four, obviously passionate, supporters of Oldham Athletic. I believe that they are going about their actions in the correct way and I fully endorse both what they are aiming to achieve and the draft letter to the owner of the club.

There is little I can do physically from 200 miles away, but I fully throw my weight behind this group and support them in their quest for a brighter and less controversial future for the club we all love.

29 minutes ago, Andy b said:

You miss understand.

The importance of transparency here is that the club know what specifically what the fans issues are and what the fans want to club to be.

They've shown little inclination towards doing anything other than what they want to do, as is their right as the owners.

More dither and delay seems unlikely to change that.

43 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

The transparency bit relates to the movement I think, not the club.

24 minutes ago, Andy b said:

You miss understand.

You meant clarity then?  :grin: 

That said, while I think I can get behind this once I've had a proper read what they've said so far is still a bit wishy washy for me.

What is/are the specific aims? @PushTheBoundary

If I become a signatory to this what are we actually, specifically asking for NOW and threatening later if we don't get it?

Apologies if it's all in there.  

Read the letter and thought it struck a chord with my own feelings

Have signed up as the group have committed to peaceful protests and I would hope absolutely no booing of our shirt regardless of who is wearing it.

If we're unhappy with a players contribution, let them walk off to silence

Additionally I cannot see any conflict with Trust Oldham

Good luck

:OASISscarf:

Very well done. Signed up and will try to get down to the White Hart on Saturday.

Not managed to read it all yet as working away but the "Our Club" section had me hooked.

Appreciate the effort and sentiments on behalf of fans.

On 10/31/2019 at 2:56 PM, kowenicki said:

'Hard to comment either way really right now.  Its just words.  

What is the thinking behind sitting on a letter until the 6th? If its done... send it.  I presume it will be published on your website too?

I have no idea how many people have signed up but based on the support this seems to be getting from people on here and elsewhere you would imagine that by next week they could have two or three hundred names to add to the signatories of this letter.

That has to help the credibility of it rather than it being just from those who have launched PTB. It seems a sensible approach.

3 hours ago, Latics and England said:

I have no idea how many people have signed up but based on the support this seems to be getting from people on here and elsewhere you would imagine that by next week they could have two or three hundred names to add to the signatories of this letter.

That has to help the credibility of it rather than it being just from those who have launched PTB. It seems a sensible approach.

They've just updated. Already over 300 signatures and survey responses! 

Step 1 - register your support via the website and put your name on the letter 

step 2 - fill in the survey 

step 3 (massively important) - get involved in the protest on 7th.

1 and 2 will have limited effect without 3!

Can I just add a question fellas - something to underpin everything our supporters need to know about the well being of the club

"What safeguards are in place to ensure that Oldham Athletic FC do not become the next Bury FC?"

Mean to ask tomorrow but will have slept by then and might hopefully get caught in the excitement of an England World Cup Final triumph.

Thanks Andy - good luck to all at PTB, got my support fellas    

10 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Mean to ask tomorrow but will have slept by then and might hopefully get caught in the excitement of an England World Cup Final triumph.

I'm getting caught up in the excitement of going for a run to avoid the rugby fucking Union. 

Archived