1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Dino said if hes going to lose he would rather do it with the academy players playing, said he wont carry the deadwood any longer

I get the feeling he's pissed off with the likes of our illustrious number 10. The problem is, that deadwood belongs to the owner. 

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Yes, just watched his interview..

Just watched it myself...he’s really struggling to find the right words. If he could he would probably slate the lot of em but he can’t because he has to try and get a tune out of those same players on Tuesday night.

Today was as bad as it gets, the most disjointed and reckless a performance you are ever likely to see. 

I just can’t see any improvement whatsoever and we are worse than we were under Banide.

I’m sure we’ll be bottom by Christmas with this lot. Maamria (if he’s still here) will have to pull a few rabbits out of the hat in the January window and get them playing otherwise I am in no doubt we will be exiting the football league!!

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Agreed. 

Maamria had been a step backwards, when the cliff edge was two steps behind.

I don't think a transfer window is going to solve much. 

Appalling today upfront once again. Give Hamer a run at CF - he can head a ball and would provide an alternative physical threat if we at least get the Ball in the box. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

15 minutes ago, archiecat said:

We have sunk to the absolute lowest of the low,that's what;s happening.

Some old timers on here will recall how bad it was years and years ago,but surely to God those times can't have been as bad as this.

Ive been watching them since the late seventies and I genuinely cant remember anything close to this.

The worst thing is, I always thought no matter how bad things got and which squad we had, somehow we would come good when we needed to, whether some of it is false memories but we always had prolific goal scorers who, even if we didn't win, could change a game. That "oh bloody Latics again" but deep down I always felt we could pull something out of the bag.

Over the last few years and in particular the last two seasons that feeling has evaporated completely, I expect us to lose, and generally we do.

11 minutes ago, mossleyblue said:

Appalling today upfront once again. Give Hamer a run at CF - he can head a ball and would provide an alternative physical threat if we at least get the Ball in the box. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

If he was going to to try this logical switch he'd have done it in the 2nd half.

Coaches sing from the same tactics manual, resulting in they cant think outside the box on their own.

It is bad enough keep changing the Manager. Worse the denial the owner and brother seem to be in. I could even forgive the players who are simply not good enough. What I can not accept is the unprofessional attitude of some in not giving a damn or showing respect for the Team and Club that employs them. Where is the fight - the pride - the wanting to win ? 

I am not even confident January will help us - that assumes the owner/brother has a clue what we need to fix this mess. Now is the time to start bringing some of the young players into the 1st team...

1 minute ago, OAFC1958 South said:

It is bad enough keep changing the Manager. Worse the denial the owner and brother seem to be in. I could even forgive the players who are simply not good enough. What I can not accept is the unprofessional attitude of some in not giving a damn or showing respect for the Team and Club that employs them. Where is the fight - the pride - the wanting to win ? 

I am not even confident January will help us - that assumes the owner/brother has a clue what we need to fix this mess. Now is the time to start bringing some of the young players into the 1st team...

I'm afraid the youths just aren't ready.

The manager needs to use a 4-4-2 formation, even if it means Hamer up front.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'm afraid the youths just aren't ready.

The manager needs to use a 4-4-2 formation, even if it means Hamer up front.

I would agree on formation. Having 1 up front today - home against Macc - says it all....but Hamer up front I can't see it sorry. As for bringing younger players in - whether they are ready or not, can it make things worse - at least they will show fight and pride ! Just like the old days ..

It's fairly obvious Dino doesn't rate these players..

Think he said what he said at the forum due to pressure from AL and Mo or to find a positive as the atmosphere was heading south..

This mess isn't his doing..

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

That makes him even more likely to get fired, you'd think. Doesn't really fit with the owners' strategy. 

Like fuck we have a strategy. We're the man u of L2 - owners/people above the manager with no idea, resulting in a clusterfuck of a squad. You have to feel sorry for dino - I don't think anyone would be able to be successful under these clowns.

2 minutes ago, OAFC1958 South said:

I would agree on formation. Having 1 up front today - home against Macc - says it all....but Hamer up front I can't see it sorry. As for bringing younger players in - whether they are ready or not, can it make things worse - at least they will show fight and pride ! Just like the old days ..

Yes it would be far worse with the youth we have.

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

It's fairly obvious Dino doesn't rate these players..

Think he said what he said at the forum due to pressure from AL and Mo or to find a positive as the atmosphere was heading south..

This mess isn't his doing..

He probably needs to cut the "I'm a winner" chat down a bit until he actually starts doing it...

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Not so...we’ve seen it here previously with Ian Marshall and Paul Warhurst. One thing is certain he couldn’t be any worse!!

Both really skillful players - one with a great physical presence and a hell of a shot, the other with bags of pace and pretty decent with the ball at his feet. What does Hamer have that makes him stand out? Energy? He's ok at the back, but not a chance should we be playing him up front.

I was happy with the appointment of Dino but today he has to take responsibility, absolutely awful tactics, team selection and in game management.

Dont want to get into the same old debate but he’s hung Maouche out to dry today playing him wide right to get McCann in. At this level and with the lack of talent available,  you play your most talented player in his strongest position. Then to replace him with a ball boy was a joke as was the crowds reaction to the change. 

Fair play to macc, they deserved it. I now acknowledge that we’re in a dog fight and the only shining light is that one of scunny, Morecambe, Stevenage or Walsall may be worse than us. Let’s see what happens on Tuesday. 

2 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

I was happy with the appointment of Dino but today he has to take responsibility, absolutely awful tactics, team selection and in game management.

Dont want to get into the same old debate but he’s hung Maouche out to dry today playing him wide right to get McCann in. At this level and with the lack of talent available,  you play your most talented player in his strongest position. Then to replace him with a ball boy was a joke as was the crowds reaction to the change. 

Fair play to macc, they deserved it. I now acknowledge that we’re in a dog fight and the only shining light is that one of scunny, Morecambe, Stevenage or Walsall may be worse than us. Let’s see what happens on Tuesday. 

Most talented player? Please tell me you are taking the piss. 

Archived