So hopefully Dino will have removed the deadwood from the match squad for the walsall game and we will go on to win the game comfortably..we live in hope. I just wonder which players hes targeting as dead wood in the match day squad ?? He needs to remember his excuses for not winning games will start to wear thin with the supporters and then Al and Mo ... so nothing short of a win on Tuesday will do 

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

He can't bloody win! 

Says it like it is and it's "bad management", says their all decent and he's taking us fans for mugs and is in cahoots with the Lensagams!

Good! I'm glad he's said they're all shit! No other manager has had the balls to say it, in spite of it being obvious to the world and his wife (but not the Lensagams and Owen, obviously..)! In the shake-up, I doubt it's really going to make a difference to where we finish in the league. If his quote doesn't get the players to have a long hard look at themselves, then nothing will. They've literally been plucked from nowhere and are the most fortunate footballers on the planet, I would guess.

Professionals in attitude and ability, my arse..

Too many arms round their shoulders, not enough kicks up their arses ! 

26 minutes ago, singe said:

Clearly the Strength & Conditoning Coach has precentlyaid the price for this, but surely he was not the only one that works on that during the week?

We've had at least 4 different Strength & Conditioning Coaches since Dec 2018, not sure that is helping.

21 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

So hopefully Dino will have removed the deadwood from the match squad for the walsall game and we will go on to win the game comfortably..we live in hope. I just wonder which players hes targeting as dead wood in the match day squad ?? He needs to remember his excuses for not winning games will start to wear thin with the supporters and then Al and Mo ... so nothing short of a win on Tuesday will do 

We don't appear to have 11 who are not considered to be not deadwood. 

47 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

If those fans can't see where the problem lies then they are as stupid as the owner. I don't care who you put in the dugout you are not making a team out of this rabble. 

36 minutes ago, singe said:

We've had at least 4 different Strength & Conditioning Coaches since Dec 2018, not sure that is helping.

maybe we should just get a big bottle of timotte in that supposedly strenthens and conditions 

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

He can't bloody win! 

Says it like it is and it's "bad management", says they're all decent and he's taking us fans for mugs and is in cahoots with the Lensagams!

Good! I'm glad he's said they're all shit! No other manager has had the balls to say it, in spite of it being obvious to the world and his wife (but not the Lensagams and Owen, obviously..)! In the shake-up, I doubt it's really going to make a difference to where we finish in the league. If his quote doesn't get the players to have a long hard look at themselves, then nothing will. They've literally been plucked from nowhere and are the most fortunate footballers on the planet, I would guess.

Professionals in attitude and ability, my arse..

PREACH.

18 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Leeds United (League cup) at home - won 4--2, Glenn Keeley was excellent that night and a great finish. Funnily enough, it was around about the start of the fabulous football days - Bunny arrived and became a great target man and the team gelled almost immediately and we never looked back  

3 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

Absolutely, I just hope a win doesn't turn everyone into a hero. There are problems which need sorting.

9 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Absolutely, I just hope a win doesn't turn everyone into a hero. There are problems which need sorting.

I think a win would be optimistic, realtisically. But a good account of ourselves, some significant changes besides Maouche's enforced one, and signs the players have listened to Dino

and by default Mo & Al sidelined.
I can't be the only one not expecting it though.

4 hours ago, singe said:

Clearly the Strength & Conditoning Coach has precentlyaid the price for this, but surely he was not the only one that works on that during the week?

We have too many players that didn't get a full pre season under their belt.For those that got a full pre season, the holiday camp in Morocco was just a PR exercise for the owner and did nothing for fitness levels.It also wasn't the choice of the coach.No wonder we are now struggling with fitness levels compared to other teams.

9 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

I wonder how this constant stream of players being banished to the youths makes the Youths feel. They must feel that they are constantly on the naughty step. If they have disaffected senior professionals moping about every day it can't be good for their morale or development.

Think it depends on the professional. For example Chris O Grady was great when he was with them and did everything he could to use his experience to help the youth players in their development. Granted though not every pro would use this to help the next generation of players. 

I like Dino's honesty. I think he's going the be a handful for the Lemmys but I think his task to clear down the squad is going to be thankless. 

I've been trying to rationalise who we realistically would get interest from who would be considered to be 'deadwood'. 

Maouche possibly would draw interest through Lemmys links to the UAE and the teams over there. They got him the Oldham gig, they probably won't find it that hard to do the same over there. Nepo, as much as he's one of our better players, I think it's clear the owners want him gone and I think he's saleable. Eagles hasn't really done much and unless he starts being played and does well, he must command a bit of a wage and would be not too difficult to shift due to him being a 'name'. Other than that, the rest of the squad 'deadwood' would be difficult to shift. The likes of Vera, Sefil, Branger, Kokos, Gonzales, nobody knows of them or would want to sign them at our level or arguably lower and I wouldn't want to give them game time to be out in the 'shop window' as I fear they are nowhere near good enough. I suppose they wouldn't command a massive wage but would the owners be willing to pay  off or even afford to do so to free up squad space? 

The final issue is going to be if Dino can convince Mo and AL that thier players that they have brought in ARE the deadwood. Going off previous form, that is going to be the decisive problem. Clearly the inner circle feel their recruitment policy is 'good enough' as seen in the fourm. My concern would then be if they decide the 'deadwood' is actually the players I consider to be the fabric that is straining to keep the squad respectable such as your Wheaters, Phil Morris', Hamers, Smiths, Stotts or anyone with value or potential. 

I just hope they don't dip thier toes into that asset stripping pool. 

Good luck to the man, though. I just hope he gets those transfer windows he is after. 

2 hours ago, ChrisRichard said:

I like Dino's honesty. I think he's going the be a handful for the Lemmys but I think his task to clear down the squad is going to be thankless. 

I've been trying to rationalise who we realistically would get interest from who would be considered to be 'deadwood'. 

Maouche possibly would draw interest through Lemmys links to the UAE and the teams over there. They got him the Oldham gig, they probably won't find it that hard to do the same over there. Nepo, as much as he's one of our better players, I think it's clear the owners want him gone and I think he's saleable. Eagles hasn't really done much and unless he starts being played and does well, he must command a bit of a wage and would be not too difficult to shift due to him being a 'name'. Other than that, the rest of the squad 'deadwood' would be difficult to shift. The likes of Vera, Sefil, Branger, Kokos, Gonzales, nobody knows of them or would want to sign them at our level or arguably lower and I wouldn't want to give them game time to be out in the 'shop window' as I fear they are nowhere near good enough. I suppose they wouldn't command a massive wage but would the owners be willing to pay  off or even afford to do so to free up squad space? 

The final issue is going to be if Dino can convince Mo and AL that thier players that they have brought in ARE the deadwood. Going off previous form, that is going to be the decisive problem. Clearly the inner circle feel their recruitment policy is 'good enough' as seen in the fourm. My concern would then be if they decide the 'deadwood' is actually the players I consider to be the fabric that is straining to keep the squad respectable such as your Wheaters, Phil Morris', Hamers, Smiths, Stotts or anyone with value or potential. 

I just hope they don't dip thier toes into that asset stripping pool. 

Good luck to the man, though. I just hope he gets those transfer windows he is after. 

How will he be a handful? They want rid they will sack him simple 

8 hours ago, latics22 said:

How will he be a handful? They want rid they will sack him simple 

Simply because another sacking would be greatly unpopular, not because it's Dino but because the fans are sick of the merrygoround. Therefore they've got to put up with his outburts. Either way he's a ticking PR time bomb for them. 

Archived