To the doubters Dino understands the dross he has to play with. We were 433 but one of those was Maouche and another Sylla. The former strolled around with no urgency and the latter gave a masterclass in how and where not to tackle.  We improved when Maouche was replaced by a second year scholar which sums up our first team squad of 35 players when Dino is looking to the youth team for a substitute.

Without doubt the worst team I have seen take the pitch for Oldham in 30 years.  This could easily end in relegation. 

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bluehobbit said:

We have to try something different. We don't dominate midfield playing 451 and we are not creating chances. May as well use this huge squad and find some to stick up top. I dont care if its Eagles/Hamer/ Wilson. We are crying out for a front 2 at least to give the opposition something to worry about. We barely created anything all game. Something has to change.

We were totally outplayed for 30 mins and Mac should have been fizzing the ball into the box but for some reason over played things. 

2nd half we made it scrappy and were fairly comfortable but didn't create much - only 2 headers from set pieces - the best result we were getting today was a draw.

The squad is devoid of talent and fight.. we are genuine contenders to go down. 

I don’t think it’s exaggerating to say we’re favourites for the drop. The club is so fucked we are only going one way. 

My first game in nearly 6 months with my boy today and I honestly can't believe how much further we have fallen. The over all demeanor of our players is the lowest ebb I've seen in all my time of watching Latics. 

We looked disjointed and cagey. They were  bad  but looked slightly more organised than we were. Defensively we looked ok, however  our overall attack play was backwards or sideways with our only goal threat coming from Wheater's head from corners. 

Don't get me started on Maouche. The bloke had possibly our best chance in the second half which he wafted at goal like an asthmatic trying to blow over a house made of playing cards. His tackling is as weak as Lidl's Belgium beer and my 7 year old could keep the ball better when in a physical battle. 

Ultimately, the decline is rapid. I don't blame Dino. He's not been here long enough. Our player recruitment is ultimately why we are where we are. And we all know where the buck stops there, don't we? 

Just now, League one forever said:

I don’t think it’s exaggerating to say we’re favourites for the drop. The club is so fucked we are only going one way. 

I think im with you on that.  Shower of Sh1t on and off the field with a massive squad that doesn't even have another genuine strikers to field 2 in a game, you couldn't make this up and Mo has done a good job?

I dont know how people didn't we themselves when he said that. 

Another manager departure is looking likely - if we lose another I reckon Dino is probably gone, more disruption caused in its wake.

Another hasty sticking plaster recruited who will talk at length about his philosophy of playing and what he wants/expects from his inherited squad.

In the meantime we will have hit the basement of the basement league still looking to redeem things somehow and the games will slowly but surely run out.

Hate writing this but I honestly believe its whats going to happen.

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

Mixed day for me. We were bloody awful and my partner is an ex Macclesfield season ticket holder 

Bright side was Lewis McKinney coming on. I taught him in primary school (more Maths than football tbf ). I thought he did OK. 

Very considerate of the rest of the team to play junior level football to help him settle in!

Good job you taught him maths, a few months playing with this lot and he'll be begging for a desk job.

Dino is taking us backwards.

Last few games under Bandide we were showing some signs of improvement. 

We were on occasions knocking the ball about well, creating some decent chances and scoring.  Under Dino we can't even get more than 2 players in the opponents half.

We don't look like creating chances  or scoring. 

Why are we playing one up front at home to Macc,  we desperately need a win Tues and I would go 442 with Morais,Smith,Sylla & Misilou in midfield and Ako & Wilson up top.

No long punts up , just keep the ball on the deck.

No good changing manager but he needs to make changes and quickly.

If Lemsagam is determined to stay then he needs to get rid of Mo and BO immediately.

Recruitment has been awful as witnessed today against a poor Macclesfield team who have managed to cobble together a better team than us without paying them on time.

Absolute shambles today 😠.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Zeus did well today

Up until the goal he did. The wall was poorly set up and the keeper must take the blame for that. It was blindingly obvious where the shot was going to go and it did.

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Very considerate of the rest of the team to play junior level football to help him settle in!

Good job you taught him maths, a few months playing with this lot and he'll be begging for a desk job.

He did alright after coming on for Maouche (I'll come to him in a minute)

Its the young lads the likes of McKinney Hamer and Stott I feel sorry for at the moment they are learning their trade still. Lewis McKinney shouldn't be coming on in a game where we are struggling and the crowd is getting restless to make his debut and be asked to change the game. He should be coming on when the game is safe and he can learn in a game with less risk so he can be bedded in. 

However he had to come on because that absolute oxygen thief who wears the number 10 shirt couldn't be arsed today because he was asked to play in a different position to the position where he has been failing all season. An absolute shithouse of a footballer he got a few ironic cheers when he came off its the least he deserves. I hated watching players get abuse The likes of Terrell Forbes Richard Butcher Chris O Grady weren't the best atleast they were trying Maouche plays like he doesn't give a shit. We all know unless someone does him in training this week he is starting on Tuesday night too. Hes everything I despise about our club at the moment.

I feel physically sick about what's happening to the club I`ve supported since I was four years old. I`m angry; in fact every fibre of my being wants to fight against what is going on - but what's the point when we have an apathetic fan base and an impotent fans' Trust?

Unbelievably, we have posters on here now pointing the finger at the latest manager!!  

We won't go down - because of the "one down" this season but we will witness the last remaining bits of the heart of our club being ripped out over the remainder of this season.

Worst squad of players in my lifetime and we could be down to less than a thousand season ticket holders next season.

This regime is toxic through and through and I can only assume that the usual apologists on here are, in fact, sycophantic club employees. There can be no other explanation for now trying to (very unfairly) deflect the blame on to the manager rather than accepting where the blame lies.

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

Well said,  and thats what my opinion is , we have gone backwards under Dino.

Frankies6 - genuine question.

Do you accept that we have gone backwards, at an alarming rate, ever since the current owner came in?

26 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

What’s happening ? 

We have sunk to the absolute lowest of the low,that's what;s happening.

Some old timers on here will recall how bad it was years and years ago,but surely to God those times can't have been as bad as this.

Archived