Salford (H)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, hollandspies said:

A busy few days coming up on the treatment table:

Egert subbed off with a facial injury and concussion.

McCann subbed off holding his groin.

Mills dislocated shoulder, popped back in and he continued.

Wheater holding his thigh, he just about managed to limp through the last 10.

Stott out for eight weeks, hamstring.

I'll bring my boots.

Glad to see Tomas Egert is on the mend, took a battering and was clearly distressed when he had to come off.

Dont think he's had enough games to prove the neysayers correct at this point.

Dylan Fage ran around aimlessly, the defence was a shambles throughout, Zeus didn't inspire any confidence.

With Jonny Smith not at his sparkling best, little or no creativity in the team.

Big problem if McCann is out for any length of time.

Same old story, plenty of effort, not enough quality.

I counted six or seven clear chances for Salford, they rattled three in early doors and that kicked the stuffing out of the team.

The recent run of 'form' seemed to entice a significant following back to BP, only to serve up a lack lustre display.

Just in case the club were pondering 'we probably have enough and don't need to add much in January', think on.

The Jimmy Frizzell bar ran out of Lager.

OAFC a case study in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

3 hours ago, Mayfield said:

Glad to see Tomas Egert is on the mend, took a battering and was clearly distressed when he had to come off.

Dont think he's had enough games to prove the neysayers correct at this point.

He hasn't played enough games throughout his career... 

9 hours ago, Mayfield said:

The recent run of 'form' seemed to entice a significant following back to BP, only to serve up a lack lustre display.

The Jimmy Frizzell bar ran out of Lager.

Not sure the recent form had much to do with the increased attendance  - more likely people are home for Christmas and go out of tradition.

You should have gone to the OEC, if you wanted lager - that's all they had in there post-match!  Between the OEC bar and the Frizzell bar, there's almost a basic level of what you'd expect from a drinking establishment!

I have yet to see anything about Egert to suggest he is a capable central defender.  Hamer is much more competent in that position.  With only half the first team squad to pick from it is getting a bit thin particularly when Wheater is once again not bothered and Maouche struggles to give the ball to a team mate.

So MM gives away the ball on the edge of their box 1 0,  stupid kick off routine with Egert out of position 2 0 and this is where I lost concentration.  Clear movement off the line by goalkeeper to save what was I accept a poor penalty attempt but a nice goal by Desire.

Reality strikes at home with 22 shots to 10 and we lose 4 1.  Embarrassing!

Lets get Wednesday behind us.

13 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

From the bloke who goes to watch Halifax? Over his own team.

Didn't get there actually, I do like a bit of non league though, hospitable grounds with a bit of buzz about the place - the polar opposite to what you get at BP these days, but hey ho that's all Yardys fault cos hes not dumb enough to pay 20 quid to watch an absolute shower of shite stealing a living week in week out, get your head out of the sand and have your little whine about the real problems at the club and the absolute fuckwits making the decisions backed up by the spineless like yourself.

15 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

Think  you will find a few Bury FC fans in that lot today....

No chance. They couldn’t even be arsed turning up for their own games and mustered 50 outside Gigg Lane on Granada Tonight when they were at deaths door. Why they gonna make the effort for Salford Fucking City ? 

2 hours ago, super_blue said:

Did McCann go off injured or was it down him seeming to loose his head a bit so pulled before he was sent off?

Injured but his head was well and truly gone. Lucky to not get sent off twice! 2 blatant yellows that went unpunished.

Then stuck the nut in on their little striker.

Second and last match of the season for me that yesterday. Says it all when my Salford supporting mates don’t even feel the need to brag or take the piss in the slightest. Like they just expected the win !! Wankers. No passion from the stands either or disgust was the saddest (but understandable) thing about the day for me. I’ve said it before but it’s absolutely dogshit supporting oldham now ! 

9 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

No chance. They couldn’t even be arsed turning up for their own games and mustered 50 outside Gigg Lane on Granada Tonight when they were at deaths door. Why they gonna make the effort for Salford Fucking City ? 

That’s funny cause my cousin is a Bury fan and him and 18 of his football team mates had a day out.

3 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Second and last match of the season for me that yesterday. Says it all when my Salford supporting mates don’t even feel the need to brag or take the piss in the slightest. Like they just expected the win !! Wankers. No passion from the stands either or disgust was the saddest (but understandable) thing about the day for me. I’ve said it before but it’s absolutely dogshit supporting oldham now ! 

My first thought when I looked at the teamsheet was one of trepidation, I didn't know they had Craig Conway on their books and it shows that Salford are still pushing the boat out with their bloated financial backing, in order to fulfill the heady ambitions of the 92 mob.

7 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Or they aren't real football fans. Who did your Salford supporting mates support before the four (or is it six) millionaires and the billionaire took them over?

Maybe not but the next generation will be

People doubtless still sneer at Wigan but after winning an FA Cup and spending almost a decade at the top level there's not the slightest question that they are a much bigger club than we are.

40 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Or they aren't real football fans. Who did your Salford supporting mates support before the four (or is it six) millionaires and the billionaire took them over?

United, I'm guessing.  Probably still do.  Just like that other lot in Moston.

It's undoubtedly cheaper, which is a fair excuse, but I can't take seriously the opinions of someone who supports more than one football team.   It's what 7 year olds do.  Soz...

Archived