Who Do You Hold Responsible For The Closure Of The Joe Royle Stand?

Who do you hold responsible for the closure of the Joe Royle Stand?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you hold responsible for the closure of the Joe Royle Stand?

• Blitz
    • Lemsagam
    • Both

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/2020 at 02:30 PM

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

My understanding on the GMP complaint was that the club hadn't had any communication from the GMP to say they had closed any potential investigation but it would be good to hear one way or another. 

Police no longer investigating former Oldham owner's

Do pay attention to whats going on.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, PeteG said:

I believe the OEC are responsible, i don't know whether it is a quick, cheap and simple job it's not my line of work but i'd imagine there is a fair amount of cable to run to the control box and i have been involved in numerous large scale events and i know that cctv needs to be relayed to whoever is in control of the event ie. police, stewards etc. Also the cctv needs to be in all areas that are accessible by the public. I think this is where people get confused and say the NS is safe Monday - Friday, it is i don't doubt for one moment the stand is safe but it needs to comply with different regulations for a football match  

Why wasn’t this installed when the stand first opened surely this would have been picked up ? 

46 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It would be nice if the people who run the club weren’t constantly in a race to the bottom of who to blame. The lack personal responsibility is astonishing- it’s always somebody else’s fault. (Sometimes this has merit, a lot of time it doesn’t) There is no galvanising of the fans, there is positivity coming from the club. Instead it’s very adversarial- for to long there has been a culture of them and us.  

It’s incumbent on the owner to give the fans something to get behind. 

Something more than - just be grateful I’m here. 

Works both ways. TBH, Al might's as well do one he's just not welcome no matter what.

Just happy he bailed Corney out, because unlike some, I don't want to start off with some shell club in the 7th tier. 

3 minutes ago, Lags said:

Maybe it's not the end. Who knows?

After carefully reviewing the allegations made by Oldham Athletic Football Club regarding the financial conduct of the previous ownership of the club, GMP will not be investigating any further”

Seems pretty finite to me. 

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

After carefully reviewing the allegations made by Oldham Athletic Football Club regarding the financial conduct of the previous ownership of the club, GMP will not be investigating any further”

Seems pretty finite to me. 

Aye....OJ Simpson thought that once too. Which just goes to show sometimes the end isn't the end.

2 minutes ago, Lags said:

Works both ways. TBH, Al might's as well do one he's just not welcome no matter what.

Just happy he bailed Corney out, because unlike some, I don't want to start off with some shell club in the 7th tier. 

How does it work both ways? 

What you’re asking for - support the club no matter what is just not credible. 

Should fans support his ignorance in not knowing what he was buying? (Corney must be laughing his cock off) 

Should fans support relegation. 

Should fans support the ever decreasing quality of player. (Pre covid) 

Should fans support the comical manager situation? 

What are fans not doing lags that they should be? Giving him a chance? He’s had 3 years, we are far worse off than when he joined in every way. That’s not being prejudiced- that’s just fact. How can I support abject failure? 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

How does it work both ways? 

What you’re asking for - support the club no matter what is just not credible. 

Should fans support his ignorance in not knowing what he was buying? (Corney must be laughing his cock off) 

Should fans support relegation. 

Should fans support the ever decreasing quality of player. (Pre covid) 

Should fans support the comical manager situation? 

What are fans not doing lags that they should be? Giving him a chance? He’s had 3 years, we are far worse off than when he joined in every way. That’s not being prejudiced- that’s just fact. How can I support abject failure? 

Well most of this list is what we have had to put up with for 20 yrs or so-and yet still we support the club. Which one of your points finally tipped you over into not supporting the club?

By the way-how do you actually support relegation?

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Well most of this list is what we have had to put up with for 20 yrs or so-and yet still we support the club. Which one of your points finally tipped you over into not supporting the club?

By the way-how do you actually support relegation?

Eh?

We last got relegated in the 90’s. When we last got bought, we got bought whole not in part. Manager turnover wasn’t as bad as it is now. We always had at least a few decent players to watch, now we have none. I’d say it’s very different to last twenty years.  

I wouldn’t come on here and chew the fat if I didn’t still have an interest. But I stopped going because the football is largely dire with piss poor recruitment. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

It would be nice if the people who run the club weren’t constantly in a race to the bottom of who to blame. The lack personal responsibility is astonishing- it’s always somebody else’s fault. (Sometimes this has merit, a lot of time it doesn’t) There is no galvanising of the fans, there is positivity coming from the club. Instead it’s very adversarial- for to long there has been a culture of them and us.  

I really can’t put my finger on which bald, pudgy, fleece-lovin’, H&S-shaggin’ member of the board would cultivate this environment. I really can’t.

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Is he not welcome no matter what though?

After years of a downward trend, wasn’t there optimism about a new start?

The distrust/dislike he has brought upon himself by his actions. 

15 hours ago, PeteG said:

Indeed, as Paul Scholes admitted at a tribunal.

Is this right? That's quite a big thing that seems to have been missed from the reporting I have seen about the tribunal. It was reported that there was a lack of evidence to support the claims of Scholes that there was interference from the Lemsagams. If you are saying that he actually admitted that his claims were false then that is something I am surprised the media chose not to report about a high profile individual.

15 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Police no longer investigating former Oldham owner's

Do pay attention to whats going on.

Can you please point me to where GMP have officially announced this, i haven't seen anything. I did see Simon Brooke tweet something about that which i found strange as why would the police tell him when he wasn't involved in anyway? I might well have missed it but i haven't actually seen an official police statement but just various leaks. I also haven't seen the council confirm this and i'm sure they would be interested as wouldn't they be one of the injured parties if there was any wrongdoing. 

10 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Can you please point me to where GMP have officially announced this, i haven't seen anything. I did see Simon Brooke tweet something about that which i found strange as why would the police tell him when he wasn't involved in anyway? I might well have missed it but i haven't actually seen an official police statement but just various leaks. I also haven't seen the council confirm this and i'm sure they would be interested as wouldn't they be one of the injured parties if there was any wrongdoing. 

Considering the paper quote GMP it would suggest they have spoken to them. Perhaps you could share proof that they are still investigating this as no doubt on seeing the “leaks” you contacted them with your log number for an update.... Barry?

Not able to read?

In a statement, GMP said “After carefully reviewing the allegations made by Oldham Athletic Football Club regarding the financial conduct of the previous ownership of the club, GMP will not be investigating any further”.

Archived