Potential Football League Shake-Up

Just now, Ritchierich said:

It sums it up when the article on the BBC is next to the one on West Ham trying to close a £30m deal for 1 player from Brentford and no doubt at Christmas numerous PL clubs will spend more on a 20 year old Diego Scorchio than they are collectively offering the EFL! 

Macclesfield were wound up for the sake of £500k

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/12/2020 at 9:06 AM, BP1960 said:

Let the privileged few clear off into a European Leaue, then we can get a proper league structure going again fair to all without the greed.

When they talk about European leagues , World leagues or whatever I always remember my late dad sayiing “ somebody will have to finish bottom” 

it would be quite entertaining to watch the fall out when one of Real Madrid BayernMunich Barcelona Liverpool United or whoever finishing bottom of their league

19 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Premier League says clubs will not back 'Project Big Picture'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54545053

it was never going to be agreed to. 

A £50m rescue package for L1 & L2 is still on the agenda. 

job done float outlandish deal that nobody would agree to give £50m sop to lower leagues after no doubt getting more consesions continue sucking every penny out of the sport you can untill you kill it 

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It's said to be close to unanimous I L1&2 so can't hold him too responsible 

The Chuckle Brothers and Knacker are useful idiots where Project Big Picture was concerned. The fact that these clowns and the other L1 and L2 chairman are so desperate for cash that they would agree to whatever bribes Liverpool and United were dangling doesn't alter the fact that the plan was contemptible, as was the EFL's knee-jerk enthusiasm.

36 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

So, United and Libpool make a proposal and then vote against it?

Anybody any idea what the point in that was??

According to David Conn in The Guardian:

"John Henry and Joel Glazer were not on the Premier League video meeting to promote the Project Big Picture they worked up in the US to reshape English football, or to take the flak from its shooting down by the other clubs. Despite the Premier League’s emphatic statement that the plans “will not be endorsed or pursued”, Liverpool’s owner is said to regard it as a win that the 20 clubs have committed to a strategic review, in which some of his proposals will inevitably be discussed."

38 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

So, United and Libpool make a proposal and then vote against it?

Anybody any idea what the point in that was??

It is a stalking horse strategy.....float a person or idea you do not expect to win the day just to provoke a contest or open up a debate which requires others to show their hand 

51 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The Premier League finds it's conscience perhaps ??

Well I'd imagine the clubs in the lower half will not be happy about an increased threat of relegation or losing their parachute payments.

What I think this is, is a trojan horse for the likes of Liverpool and Man United to break up the collective bargaining agreement to try and get their own tv deals like Real Madrid and Barcelona do.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well I'd imagine the clubs in the lower half will not be happy about an increased threat of relegation or losing their parachute payments.

What I think this is, is a trojan horse for the likes of Liverpool and Man United to break up the collective bargaining agreement to try and get their own tv deals like Real Madrid and Barcelona do.

When the EU tried to force that onto UK football, it was rejected out of hand.

8 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

EFL rejects the £50m offer

They must be expecting/hoping  the Government twists the PL’s arm.....I interpreted Oliver Dowden the other day as saying the govt would do just that,  and that he expects the PL to help out EFL in return for government cooperation with PL during pandemic 

There's another plan!

"Gary Neville, retired Olympian Denise Lewis, and ex-Football Association chairman David Bernstein have combined to call for independent regulation of English football to solve its 'crisis'."

"The trio are part of a group who have issued a manifesto for change called 'Saving Our Beautiful Game'."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54558837

On 10/15/2020 at 10:59 PM, LaticMark said:

There's another plan!

"Gary Neville, retired Olympian Denise Lewis, and ex-Football Association chairman David Bernstein have combined to call for independent regulation of English football to solve its 'crisis'."

"The trio are part of a group who have issued a manifesto for change called 'Saving Our Beautiful Game'."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54558837

And this independent body will be who ? 

Ps presumably if we going OFSTED  OFFQual OFcom route it will be called OFFSIDE? 

Archived