Next season's kit

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Like it, but I think we'll be needing the third kit a bit this season

Dull, orange was far better and traditionally associated with the club.

Hope the new owner has does better with the home and away kits next season..

49 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Like it, but I think we'll be needing the third kit a bit this season

Why? What teams clash with green and blue?

Unlike blue and tangerine.

Although thinking about it if we play someone who plays in red and blue I hope we have a third kit.

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Any refs on here?  If a home team plays in blue would the away team be allowed to play in that?

We would clash with about half a dozen clubs by my reckoning.

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Any refs on here?  If a home team plays in blue would the away team be allowed to play in that?

Think the EFL have changed rules so you mix and match kits to aid with colour blindness, presumably the NL would follow suit.

The new away kit matches the new home kit in it's insipidness ( is that a word? ).  Ask any football fan what style and colour Newcastle, Stoke, Arsenal, Sunderland, Blackpool, Burnley or Blackburn play  in, and they would know instantly.  Then ask them what colour and style kit Oldham play in, and they would go erm !!!!.

Bring back the broad blue and white kit from our very early days, right up to the late 1960s. Which would give us a long lost identity again. 

7 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

The new away kit matches the new home kit in it's insipidness ( is that a word? ).  Ask any football fan what style and colour Newcastle, Stoke, Arsenal, Sunderland, Blackpool, Burnley or Blackburn play  in, and they would know instantly.  Then ask them what colour and style kit Oldham play in, and they would go erm !!!!.

Bring back the broad blue and white kit from our very early days, right up to the late 1960s. Which would give us a long lost identity again. 

Someone after my own heart, I'd also have the late 60s Ken Bates kit as the permanent 2nd strip.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Think the EFL have changed rules so you mix and match kits to aid with colour blindness, presumably the NL would follow suit.

Doesn't work for our players though who can't pass to a colleague in the same coloured shirt as it is.

42 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

I think pretty much any football fan knows what colours we play in and this years home kit reflects that, we don't play in stripes or quarters like most of those you've suggested do our kits will come across as insipid in much the same way Chelsea, Everton, Rangers.... do. We've gone with a royal blue home shirt for the best part of 50 years so I'd say it's pretty established,  if you want to talk tradition maybe we should revert to our original colours of red and white stripes, blue shorts and blue socks?

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Did anyone else notice the numbers on the kits Saturday for the friendly, they appeared to be printed too low and down near the players arses.

Got to leave plenty of room for any double-barrelled incoming surnames.

Archived