Next season's kit

3 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Why? What teams clash with green and blue?

Unlike blue and tangerine.

Any teams that play in dark blue/navy at home?

It's the ref's call, but I can see some complaining at dark green not being distinct enough, who would have been fine with tangerine on the kit.

Let's seen when we go to Chesterfield who also have a dark green away kit

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

if you want to talk tradition maybe we should revert to our original colours of red and white stripes, blue shorts and blue socks?

tbf that would be awesome :)

i'd go blue and white 50's style

then red and white stripes

then royal blue

then tangerine

i really like this new away one though, my youngest will be well into it.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Any refs on here?  If a home team plays in blue would the away team be allowed to play in that?

As City have played Chelsea with both teams in their home shirts I can see it being allowed. 

7 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

As City have played Chelsea with both teams in their home shirts I can see it being allowed. 

They might allow it, but they really shouldn't.

Down here in non-league, some ref thought letting the game go ahead with these kits was a good idea:

4 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

They might allow it, but they really shouldn't.

Down here in non-league, some ref thought letting the game go ahead with these kits was a good idea:

The answer to our shower finding a blue shirt everytime. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Did anyone else notice the numbers on the kits Saturday for the friendly, they appeared to be printed too low and down near the players arses.

Does the NL have the back-of-shirt sponsors? Maybe leaving space for that?

On 7/26/2022 at 9:08 AM, LaticMark said:

I like that away kit, for the completely irrelevant but nostalgic reason that I remember Gtr Manchester buses sometimes were that colour when I was a kid. It would have been just before/at the time of/after the SELNEC buses appeared in white/tangerine if anyone remembers those (they had one, magnificently, in Life On Mars - I knew that would be a brilliant series when that bus appeared! 🤣)

• 3 weeks later...

Really smart idea to take an old kit and not just recreate it, but reverse the colours and make something new.  The NHL (North American ice hockey) did something similar with every team releasing a "Reverse Retro" jersey, and, yeah, this is in much the same vein.

Comparison:
image.png.5f0ee3290d1599f830fefb6376838990.pngimage.png.f9a4c6955e736d01ecc45f1620eb29af.png

• 7 months later...

Forever. Faster. 🙄

The current portfolio of British clubs partnering with Puma include Manchester City, West Bromwich Albion, Wigan Athletic, Blackpool, Barnsley and Peterborough United.

Latics version (wider central stripe) of the West Brom kit anybody?

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Forever. Faster. 🙄

The current portfolio of British clubs partnering with Puma include Manchester City, West Bromwich Albion, Wigan Athletic, Blackpool, Barnsley and Peterborough United.

Latics version (wider central stripe) of the West Brom kit anybody?

Me.  Back to the 60s.

Archived