BPAS PODCAST: 15th Mar '21 Episode 26: Craig Davies Interview

It's clear from that chat that it's AL causing all the unrest, not security guard Mo, as we have been lead to believe. Although we knew most of that already was good to hear it from the horses mouth. Well done for letting Craig speak and not interrupting him.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, al_bro said:

It's clear from that chat that it's AL causing all the unrest, not security guard Mo, as we have been lead to believe. Although we knew most of that already was good to hear it from the horses mouth. Well done for letting Craig speak and not interrupting him.

In the interest of accuracy, Craig was saying Mo had little influence during his time.... whether that has been the same since/up to the present day, is less clear.....

28 minutes ago, BPAS said:

In the interest of accuracy, Craig was saying Mo had little influence during his time.... whether that has been the same since/up to the present day, is less clear.....

Fair enough.

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Whilst it wasn’t surprising. It was still a tough listen. Watching and listening to it crumble and whilst they carry just carry on is throughly depressing. 

It made me realise that I've been resigned to how badly the club is run at the moment, because there was a point in it where I realised that I was genuinely angry at how the disrespect and dishonesty that AL showed to so many players and staff around the club led to an easily preventable relegation, and where we find ourselves languishing today.

13 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

It made me realise that I've been resigned to how badly the club is run at the moment, because there was a point in it where I realised that I was genuinely angry at how the disrespect and dishonesty that AL showed to so many players and staff around the club led to an easily preventable relegation, and where we find ourselves languishing today.

For me it’s the helplessness of it all. 

I thought I would enjoy the inside track from Davies, but it was just really sad. Made even worse by the fact that there isn’t a single thing we can about it because there not in it for success. They’re in it for power and ego. 

Fascinating, but ultimately quite depressing really.

Some of the things he brings up though, I mean, struggling to find a field to train on whilst fighting to stay in League 1 being one of the many face-in-palm-what-the-friggin-Nora moments.

edit:

“Abdallah, the wages are late”.

“Well in Dubai you might get your wages two months late...”

🙈

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Didn't AL once say slowly, slowly, that is what he obviously meant. Slowly, slowly I will run this club into the ground.

Something else I picked up in that interview, for much of this season due to Covid, Dumb and Dumber have been out of the country and things had calmed down, however they are back in town, the interview had been recorded before HK got the bullet and performances had certainly took a nose dive, coincidence? 

Whether it’s ‘top fan’ status you’re after I don’t know, but anybody who is willing to commit to season tickets any more and basically lining the pockets of this clueless, detestable egomaniac needs their head testing.

It’s been said again and again on here, on Twitter, at away games, just starve this prick of money. If we go down again and that’s the straw that breaks the camel’s back and forces AlMo to leave, so be it. At least we can begin to think about getting our Club back.

The ONLY way we can ever start to look forwards is with these two as far away from the Club as possible.

35 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I suspect that things will get toxic pretty quickly once fans are allowed back into the ground.

This is often said, but I don’t think it’s true. There has been plenty of time for fans to vent pre covid at the games, and it never happens. Those that still go next season are the absolute diehards- they won’t protest. (I’m not including the lone fan in the main stand upper who shouts at the end of the game) The fans that would have lost interest a long time ago. 

5 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Whether it’s ‘top fan’ status you’re after I don’t know, but anybody who is willing to commit to season tickets any more and basically lining the pockets of this clueless, detestable egomaniac needs their head testing.

It’s been said again and again on here, on Twitter, at away games, just starve this prick of money. If we go down again and that’s the straw that breaks the camel’s back and forces AlMo to leave, so be it. At least we can begin to think about getting our Club back.

The ONLY way we can ever start to look forwards is with these two as far away from the Club as possible.

I agree.

But nobody is after ‘top fan.’ There is an element of fans at every club that would still go if ALMO were the centre half pairing. They’re not going to endorse ALMO. They’re going in spite of them. And while it’s not for me I understand why they do. 

8 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I suspect that things will get toxic pretty quickly once fans are allowed back into the ground.

No it won't 

You will just get a small group of fans (the realistic fans group) who will say "shut up and support the club"! Because if we are all abit more loyal it will all turn round.

You will get another group who will do what they always do when we struggle and will just blame the Head Coach whoever that maybe regardless of the fact that they are completely powerless in this shitshow.

Those who hold the owner responsible have already marched with their feet.

The owner, his brother and shitpeas don't care and are too thick to workout what is going wrong.

8 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

......If we go down again and that’s the straw that breaks the camel’s back and forces AlMo to leave, so be it......

Did you listen to the FSA interview episode? If not, it's worth a listen via the thread/link below. We learn here the value of the EFL golden share. Relegation out of the Football League would in fact place the club at a higher risk of liquidation should we become ownerless.....

8 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

anybody who is willing to commit to season tickets any more and basically lining the pockets of this clueless, detestable egomaniac needs their heads testing

I’m pretty certain that the money raised from season tickets does not ‘line the pockets’ of Abdallah. I imagine it goes towards paying some the wages of the players and staff and some of the other bills. Furthermore I doubt whether Abdallah has made a single penny from his tenure - more likely he has lost money.

I am more angry that he has wasted money on players who are not up to it and on players that don’t even get a chance to play. Which makes it all the more perplexing that he clings to his ownership. 

We can debate all day long whether not supporting the club financially will cause the current owners to actively seek a buyer or simply cause the club to fold. And each supporter has the right to his/her opinion.

Blackpool fans decided in their thousands to boycott home games in protest at the Oyston family but in the end it was because the courts ruled that they had stripped over £27m from the club and owed huge sums to another club investor, Belokon, that the Oystons were ousted.

Coventry fans boycotted home games (and many still do) but turn up in huge numbers away from home. 

I look forward to the first away league game of season 21-22, wherever it may be, when thousands fill the away end, supporting our team but giving no money to the owner. 

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

We can debate all day long whether not supporting the club financially will cause the current owners to actively seek a buyer or simply cause the club to fold. And each supporter has the right to his/her opinion.

Blackpool fans decided in their thousands to boycott home games in protest at the Oyston family but in the end it was because the courts ruled that they had stripped over £27m from the club and owed huge sums to another club investor, Belokon, that the Oystons were ousted.

Coventry fans boycotted home games (and many still do) but turn up in huge numbers away from home. 

I look forward to the first away league game of season 21-22, wherever it may be, when thousands fill the away end, supporting our team but giving no money to the owner. 

This is our only option to watch our team 

All our Supporter Groups need to champion a 'Latics on the Road only' campaign 

Nothing else makes any sense

13 minutes ago, tGWB said:

This is our only option to watch our team 

All our Supporter Groups need to champion a 'Latics on the Road only' campaign 

Nothing else makes any sense

You'll still get 2000 turning up for home games. Things aren't bad enough for the wider football world to take any interest. The Trust and PTB think meetings with club officials will change things, they won't.

41 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I’m pretty certain that the money raised from season tickets does not ‘line the pockets’ of Abdallah. I imagine it goes towards paying some the wages of the players and staff and some of the other bills. Furthermore I doubt whether Abdallah has made a single penny from his tenure - more likely he has lost money.

I am more angry that he has wasted money on players who are not up to it and on players that don’t even get a chance to play. Which makes it all the more perplexing that he clings to his ownership. 

I don’t think anybody thinks our money goes straight into the owner’s pocket do they? 

The way I see it is the less money over the turnstiles, shirt sales etc then the more money he has to put in to keep it going and the sooner he runs out and fucks off from whence he came. 

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You'll still get 2000 turning up for home games. Things aren't bad enough for the wider football world to take any interest. The Trust and PTB think meetings with club officials will change things, they won't.

Call me old fashioned Eyresy but I do think dialogue should be kept open with the Club by the Trust and PTB

Saying that, its really us, the Supporter who has the upper hand

'Latics on the Road only' is the way forward for me next season, which could well be our last in the Football League

So if you're in, that's two of us and I'll ask some pals 

Who doesn't love  'Away Days' 

3 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Call me old fashioned Eyresy but I do think dialogue should be kept open with the Club by the Trust and PTB

Saying that, its really us, the Supporter who has the upper hand

'Latics on the Road only' is the way forward for me next season, which could well be our last in the Football League

So if you're in, that's two of us and I'll ask some pals 

Who doesn't love  'Away Days' 

To be honest after 18 months without games and season tickets very reasonably priced that might be a hard sell.

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

To be honest after 18 months without games and season tickets very reasonably priced that might be a hard sell.

Really !

16/17 L1 17th

17/18 L1 21st RELEGATED

18/19 L2 14th

19/20 L2 19th

20/21 L2 bottom half ?

You cant change the Club you support, but you can choose if and how you spend your £money to support them

Archived