Stick or twist?

5 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

KC was answering a direct question and just saying how it SHOULD work.....how it actually works in practice will be more likely;

"Hi Mo, did you have a chance to look at my dossier on those 3 English targets that have done a great job at other clubs in this league and I believe will fit perfectly in to my overall plan + are more or less in our budget?"...."Yes Mr Curley, very interesting dossier, thank you. I'm glad you called, I'd like to introduce you to our new signing Jean-Baptiste who has just flown in from Luxembourg where he has been performing very well in the 2nd Division"

“And signed a 3 year contract BIG BIG TALENT” 

“Im very proud of the job we are doing”

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently it's going to be harder to sign EU players than before, and easier to sign non-EU targets, provided they play at a decent level (the example given was Brazilian/Argentinians etc). So non-league cloggers it is.

5 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Apparently it's going to be harder to sign EU players than before, and easier to sign non-EU targets, provided they play at a decent level (the example given was Brazilian/Argentinians etc). So non-league cloggers it is.

...what's Cristian Colusso up to these days? 

45 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Curle keen to re-create Northampton Town success with Oldham | The Oldham Times

Sorry Keith but you're wrong on this one.

GIven everything that has happened over the last three seasons rebuilding does not start with the fans; it starts with the owner.

Of course. 

But he can’t say that can he?? 

‘My boss is a tosser, I wish he’d do one then we’d really have a chance.’

40 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Of course. 

But he can’t say that can he?? 

‘My boss is a tosser, I wish he’d do one then we’d really have a chance.’

Of course you can but not in those words

eg my priority is to review and revise the clubs current practices and develop successful player recruitment at the club that will contribute towards the winning mentality and capability we need and the fans wants

48 minutes ago, Wednesday said:

Of course you can but not in those words

eg my priority is to review and revise the clubs current practices and develop successful player recruitment at the club that will contribute towards the winning mentality and capability we need and the fans wants

He's a Head Coach, not a DoF or CEO :chubb:

7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Curle keen to re-create Northampton Town success with Oldham | The Oldham Times

Sorry Keith but you're wrong on this one.

GIven everything that has happened over the last three seasons rebuilding does not start with the fans; it starts with the owner.

He's also only aiming for the top half, and with a bit of luck the top seven. The ambition should be the top three with a bit of luck. If you don't get that, then the top seven would be the next best. Nothing less. The top seven should be easy in this division.

16 minutes ago, al_bro said:

He's also only aiming for the top half, and with a bit of luck the top seven. The ambition should be the top three with a bit of luck. If you don't get that, then the top seven would be the next best. Nothing less. The top seven should be easy in this division.

I do find it odd when people say they are targeting the play offs. They're a consolation prize. 

• 2 months later...
55 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Yep. @League one forevertelling me how lucky we were to have the best possible manager since we dropped out of the Premier League...

😂😂 

Don’t blame me for your delusions of grandeur. 

Not quite- he is however the only manager who at the time of his appointment had a promotion from the division.  And- as I’ve repeatedly said- the bar is much lower at our club for obvious reasons- therefore if he keeps his job and we finish 22nd it’s as good an achievement as a promotion with the squad he’s got. 

How’s the famous spine looking?
👀😉

On 5/8/2021 at 6:53 PM, deyres42 said:

There's no way Curle is in demand from anyone. Judging from these soundbites he obviously doesn't understand our fanbase, straight talking does not go down well, we need someone delusional to tap into the Bovis market.

Right again, not bad for a troll.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Yep. @League one forevertelling me how lucky we were to have the best possible manager since we dropped out of the Premier League...

Just read Curle’s pre match comments, does he not realise what’s actually going on in and around the club?….. a totally unrealistic summary, the guy is kidding himself and is in total dream land. 

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Just read Curle’s pre match comments, does he not realise what’s actually going on in and around the club?….. a totally unrealistic summary, the guy is kidding himself and is in total dream land. 

Say anything else he gets sacked - some will say that’s a lack of integrity but we all have bills to pay 

Archived