• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone who thinks we shouldn't try to keep Curle is demonstrating the same lamentable short termism as the owner. 

They've finally picked a manager with a CV that matches the division, and the initial results have been ok overall (given the squad) and seem to be improving.   Stick, and give him chance to

I'd say that anyone saying twist should be locked in a room for a month with Mo for a month with their permitted conversation being limited to the life and times of Urko Vera and Sonhy Sefil. 

Posted Images

No point keep changing the manager, the thing we've been lacking is stability.

We know Curle won't start the new season with some of our better players but hopefully he'll have enough contacts to help bring in the others needed to get us back to where we should be.

Edited by Littlemoor Lad
Missed text

The expectations of some you in the circumstances baffle me.

Of all ALMO’s appointments - Curle has by far the best pedigree. 

He got appointed for 14 games to a side with the worst defensive record in the division, whose best defender has mostly play non league. 

His record so far-

Won 4

Lost 4

Drawn 3

What do you seriously expect in those 11 games with the players at his disposal??? 

6 wins?

7 wins?

8 wins? 

If so, you pretty much expect instant promotion form from a side that hasn’t been in the top half all season. .  

🙄

• Like 2

Stick with him if he can bring in the players he wants. If its Mo's total control over recruitment we know no manager will stay long.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

Stick and hopefully the board will finally realise a little bit of stabilty will go along way in helping us get out of this Tinpot league next season.There have been promising signs this season under both Kewell and Curle and maybe the board got it right on the Head Coach front! Im going for Automatic promotion next season, tight at the back and scoring goals for fun... 

It feels like we ask this question every close season, and the merry-go round of managers still continues. I'd have kept Kewell, but as KC is here then yes of course lets try and give a manager a full season for a change & see what he can do.

19 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I say twist because I don’t care until the owners go. Don’t really care about Curle either 

You're going to not care for a while I guess as the owners aren't showing itchy feet.

For me Curle has showed what he patently is, a manager with experience, and I'm glad to stick with him for a season at least.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

You're going to not care for a while I guess as the owners aren't showing itchy feet.

For me Curle has showed what he patently is, a manager with experience, and I'm glad to stick with him for a season at least.

Fair enough mate. 

11 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Stick, please can we have a manager who completes a full season. 

That will always be the dream, but if ALMO fell out so easily with Dino and Kewell who they appeared quite matey with, then I can't see him lasting beyond Christmas.

Trying to think the last manager I genuinely wanted to get rid of because I believed doing do would make a difference I think it was Steve Robinson. Even then I can acknowledge he was set up to fail abit by Corney.

• Like 1

They've finally picked a manager with a CV that matches the division, and the initial results have been ok overall (given the squad) and seem to be improving.

Stick, and give him chance to bring in players he wants, particularly at the back.

• Like 5

Whilst my initial response to his appontment was one of depair, given the opinions on Northampton's forum, he has made me eat my expletives.

Well done to the man for not regressing HK's attacking mentality and creating a solid know your role team. 

Opinions as they say, are like arseholes. Everyone has one.

Just goes to show what a shower of shit he must have had at Northampton.

100% stick.

I'd say that anyone saying twist should be locked in a room for a month with Mo for a month with their permitted conversation being limited to the life and times of Urko Vera and Sonhy Sefil. 

• Like 5