MATCH: vs Bristol Rovers (A) 17/08/2021

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

Have to pick you up on Abdallah bought the club for a £1 that is absolutely not correct and I don't know why it gets thrown out every time people discuss what the club is worth.

Might be incorrect Pete, what I heard somewhere, what was it by the way? Not that important as point still stands though, the asset value has depreciated during his tenure. 

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, unsworth blue said:

Might be incorrect Pete, what I heard somewhere, what was it by the way? Not that important as point still stands though, the asset value has depreciated during his tenure. 

Absolutely agree with you Phil that the value has depreciated. I think it was in the region of £1 million he paid Corney plus the debenture and agreed to take on the debts so i'd have thought it was in excess of £2 million

1 hour ago, unsworth blue said:

Any new owner might want to buy Blitz out as well (I hear that is what the bid did include) but could possibly work with Blitz if could not raise funds to buy everything, lock stock and barrel. 

If a potential new owner didn't have the funds to buy the stadium as well, they shouldn't be buying a football club. Let alone OAFC.

3 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

My son is on PTB, he is currently on holiday in Plymouth so not been very active on social media for last 10 days (not sure if he still comes on OWTB). 

They at least are trying to do something to break the impasse that envelopes the club. 

Fine, appreciate your reply but I have to add that how much of what you quote is general knowledge and how much have you passed on that you are privy too via your son?

If most of what you have stated is via a relative it hardly fits into a fans group keeping it's membership updated does it?

10 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Fine, appreciate your reply but I have to add that how much of what you quote is general knowledge and how much have you passed on that you are privy too via your son?

If most of what you have stated is via a relative it hardly fits into a fans group keeping it's membership updated does it?

I assume you haven’t listened to the latest @BPAS podcast where Matt mentions how draining it has been for PTB members over the time they have been in existence?  They are 3 fans doing something out of love for the club and have done more direct involvement with the fans the the Trust have ever managed! 

They put up with constant moronic abuse from the many faces of Mick Malpas on a daily basis and maybe they fancy a break? 

What have you done? And have you ever heard of #bekind as people sometimes have to look after themselves 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I assume you haven’t listened to the latest @BPAS podcast where Matt mentions how draining it has been for PTB members over the time they have been in existence?  They are 3 fans doing something out of love for the club and have done more direct involvement with the fans the the Trust have ever managed! 

They put up with constant moronic abuse from the many faces of Mick Malpas on a daily basis and maybe they fancy a break? 

What have you done? And have you ever heard of #bekind as people sometimes have to look after themselves 

Thanks for this Chaddy! 

Yes it has been a long period without us having a little break so I won’t apologise for that. 

@whittles left foot what have we not engaged about? Our emails, which we respond to normally within the same day, are always open and viewed almost hourly, work dependant! Feel free to email us over any issues you have or want answers on, our email address is info@pushtheboundary.co.uk  We have been at both away games (Bradford before the game) so far and have had detailed chats with supporters over their concerns of the club. We also met the CEO earlier in the month and provided a lengthy update. Ticket details have been updated on social platforms (Twitter and Facebook - apologies if I have missed them off here). To criticise because we haven’t been on a social media platform for a few days I think is a slightly poor show. 

Happy to discuss any concerns you may have or ideas of how you think they could be resolved! 👍

3 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

No guarantees that AL will sell to anyone, let alone anyone who we might believe suitable. 

If he stays, can he turn it round? Strongly suspect not 

He seems to assume that he will receive full reimbursement for what he has put in, think he is being massively over optimistic there, his share of OAFC (the badge and players) is basically worth just what his players would sell for in a fire sale which I would suggest would be lot lower than the £1.5 million offered. 

Any new owner might want to buy Blitz out as well (I hear that is what the bid did include) but could possibly work with Blitz if could not raise funds to buy everything, lock stock and barrel. 

Bury's problems were vastly different, they overspent £2.5 million a year for 4 years and couldn't pay anything eventually. The owner Day walked out and sold to an asset stripper Dale who just fleeced the club, got what he could and still is company owner even though club is basically dead. Day was allowed to borrow against the club's ground (which he did to a fine tune), at least AL has not got that privilege. 

£1.50 would be generous 

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Adam of OAFC has replied better than I can. I know a bit of what they are doing but am reliant on updates and BPAS most of time as not see my lad that regularly and not in constant dialogue. I have said nothing in my response that isn't in the public domain. 

I am not sure how active they are routinely on OWTB but that's for them to choose 

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I assume you haven’t listened to the latest @BPAS podcast where Matt mentions how draining it has been for PTB members over the time they have been in existence?

Correct.

No unkind words in stuff I have posted just questions which remain unanswered. Maybe they will be in the fullness of time.

On 8/19/2021 at 4:32 AM, JoeP said:

But they come across like they don't give a fuck if we boycott. In fact, I think they'd prefer it if we fucked off and left them alone to ruin our club. If they were worried about money at all, they'd be running the club as a business better in other areas. I dread to think how they're funding the club and what the reality of the situation will be when it all comes out in the wash but a boycott, in my opinion, will do nothing and maybe even give them what they want...

Agree with the sentiment of the rest of the post, like...

I take your point about them having complete disregard for the fans. Especially Mo. I believe he's the real owner not Al. Al's the owner to get past the EFL. We just can't sit and moan about it. A united form of action needs to be taken. Whether it's boycotting, protesting or generally making life difficult for them at Oldham. 

On 8/19/2021 at 4:53 AM, deyres42 said:

What really needs to happen is for the prospective buyers to emerge from the shadows, show us your intentions, show us the colour of your money, only then will the fanbase have a common cause to rally around, throwing tennis balls on the pitch/chanting Abdallah out will achieve nothing.

I agree.  Ideally to quote Kieran Maguire, a benevolent dictator style ownership would be the dream. In the meantime it needs for fans to look at taking more control of the club. Unfortunately right now the only thing in and out the shadows is Mo.

On 8/19/2021 at 5:31 AM, maximus1267 said:

Whats your stance ?

What are you going to do ?

1) My stance, is that I won't be putting any money directly to the club until the current  ownership are gone. I will do what I can to help in any meaningful action against the clubs current situation.

2) I've become a member of the trust, play the @OASF1895 Lottery, took part in all the @PushTheBoundaryinitiatives and have exchanged ideas with @BPAS and @lookersstandandy. I have also not put any money in the club since Dino was sacked. 

Whats your stance ?

On 8/19/2021 at 10:02 AM, Worcester Owl said:

I get where you're coming from, but at the risk of sounding like a cheap shot, it's easy to post that from Canada.

I didn't take it as a cheap shot. But for all you know, I could be a Canadian living off Fold Green.

But I have heard enough podcasts to know that fans can take meaningful action if the will is there amongst the fans. Our situation isn't uniquely to Oldham. Where there's a will there's a way.

6 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Correct.

No unkind words in stuff I have posted just questions which remain unanswered. Maybe they will be in the fullness of time.

I’m sure they will push you up the very top of the list of priorities 

oh and being kind isn’t about not being unkind on an Internet forum  it’s about considering others and their mental health 👍 I’ll leave others to battle you 

9 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

I take your point about them having complete disregard for the fans. Especially Mo. I believe he's the real owner not Al. Al's the owner to get past the EFL. We just can't sit and moan about it. A united form of action needs to be taken. Whether it's boycotting, protesting or generally making life difficult for them at Oldham. 

I agree.  Ideally to quote Kieran Maguire, a benevolent dictator style ownership would be the dream. In the meantime it needs for fans to look at taking more control of the club. Unfortunately right now the only thing in and out the shadows is Mo.

1) My stance, is that I won't be putting any money directly to the club until the current  ownership are gone. I will do what I can to help in any meaningful action against the clubs current situation.

2) I've become a member of the trust, play the @OASF1895 Lottery, took part in all the @PushTheBoundaryinitiatives and have exchanged ideas with @BPAS and @lookersstandandy. I have also not put any money in the club since Dino was sacked. 

Whats your stance ?

I didn't take it as a cheap shot. But for all you know, I could be a Canadian living off Fold Green.

But I have heard enough podcasts to know that fans can take meaningful action if the will is there amongst the fans. Our situation isn't uniquely to Oldham. Where there's a will there's a way.

Thanks for your post and answering the questions.

My stance

1,  I want the Abdallah clowns out as much as the next fan. I think we are in grave danger.

2, I can't go to every home game due to work and location. Apart from the newport game, which I decided to go to for various reasons, I have only been to BP once since Frank Bunn was ridiculously sacked. Didn't really see it as a boycott, more of a can't be arsed with that place until something changes. I have chosen to do more away games since.

I have been invited today but I have refused to go, The Bristol game really made my mind up.

I paid up to the lottery, I listen to all Matt Deans podcasts, I signed the petition.

Other than that I have talked people I know who I thought could do something but they have no apetite just now.

I will gladly support certain ideas but I am tied with what I can do due to my job. 

11 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

Whats your stance ?

Ha fair point, as your location says Canada I assumed you were/are posting from there! Lovely country and some consolation for being an Oldham fan if you are there.

I have huge respect for boycotters and the PTB and BPAS guys. At the same time I can't condemn fans who still want to turn up home and away and support what's left of our club. It's in the blood. It's easy for me to say I won't go to games as it's a 4+ hour round trip (less than some who go, though) and we are crap, but I'll still get to some matches this season and I can't bring myself to stay away from Boundary Park so just doing away games wouldn't work. So I can't call myself a boycotter and I certainly want to see the back of the Lemsagams, meaning I'm stuck in a bloody nightmare.

9 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Ha fair point, as your location says Canada I assumed you were/are posting from there! Lovely country and some consolation for being an Oldham fan if you are there.

I have huge respect for boycotters and the PTB and BPAS guys. At the same time I can't condemn fans who still want to turn up home and away and support what's left of our club. It's in the blood. It's easy for me to say I won't go to games as it's a 4+ hour round trip (less than some who go, though) and we are crap, but I'll still get to some matches this season and I can't bring myself to stay away from Boundary Park so just doing away games wouldn't work. So I can't call myself a boycotter and I certainly want to see the back of the Lemsagams, meaning I'm stuck in a bloody nightmare.

Only teasing about the Fold Green part, I did live there when I was a kid. But I now live in Nova Scotia. You're right, it's a beautiful country and I think Canada's East coast where I live, is one its best kept secrets. Because it doesn't get the publicity that Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and The Rockies get.

Regarding the club the fans need to unite behind some form of meaningful action, that the majority agrees on.

3 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

Only teasing about the Fold Green part, I did live there when I was a kid. But I now live in Nova Scotia. You're right, it's a beautiful country and I think Canada's East coast where I live, is one its best kept secrets. Because it doesn't get the publicity that Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and The Rockies get.

Regarding the club the fans need to unite behind some form of meaningful action, that the majority agrees on.

Been to Halifax and St John's, fond memories of both 👍

Archived