MATCH: vs Bristol Rovers (A) 17/08/2021

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So normally AL and MO are to blame for interference, bringing in shit players behind the managers back. 

So does the blame now lie at the feet of KC or the boycotting fans?

If KC is picking his own players, which he clearly has, then if they're not good enough that's his fault.

If we're saying they're cheap shit, then do we blame the fans who aren't putting money in? 

Fucking hell you sound like Eyresey

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question to the fanbase what are you all going to do about it? 

Because the only people I see looking to do anything about our predicament is @BPAS, @lookersstandandy, the newest members of the trust foundation and @PushTheBoundary.

As a fanbase we are the biggest doormats in the EFL, right now.

Where for the last 25 years the fanbase have been happy clapping like seals, being grateful for little oldham bills being paid, devoid of any ambition. While the bad owners and managers have been screwing us over. And we continue to bend over and be screwed even worse by this current regime. Anybody who wants ambition for the club, gets happy clapped away. Hence the low attendances. 

What will it take for what's left of the fanbase to realize that enough is enough?

When are you going to do something about it? 

You all moan a good protest, but you're still giving these Charlatans your money. 

8 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

Because the only people I see looking to do anything about our predicament is @BPAS, @lookersstandandy, the newest members of the trust foundation and @PushTheBoundary

What will it take for what's left of the fanbase to realize that enough is enough?

You all moan a good protest, but you're still giving these Charlatans your money. 

Oh dear 😮

8 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

Because the only people I see looking to do anything about our predicament is @BPAS, @lookersstandandy, the newest members of the trust foundation and @PushTheBoundary.

Where for the last 25 years the fanbase have been happy clapping like seals, being grateful for little oldham bills being paid, devoid of any ambition. While the bad owners and managers have been screwing us over. And we continue to bend over and be screwed even worse by this current regime. Anybody who wants ambition for the club, gets happy clapped away. Hence the low attendances. 

But they come across like they don't give a fuck if we boycott. In fact, I think they'd prefer it if we fucked off and left them alone to ruin our club. If they were worried about money at all, they'd be running the club as a business better in other areas. I dread to think how they're funding the club and what the reality of the situation will be when it all comes out in the wash but a boycott, in my opinion, will do nothing and maybe even give them what they want...

Agree with the sentiment of the rest of the post, like...

9 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

What really needs to happen is for the prospective buyers to emerge from the shadows, show us your intentions, show us the colour of your money, only then will the fanbase have a common cause to rally around, throwing tennis balls on the pitch/chanting Abdallah out will achieve nothing.

9 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

Whats your stance ?

What are you going to do ?

Not been on here for a while, holidays take priority, not seen any games, don't know what a podcast is, don't do anti social media just seen the dire results but wow, lighten up people. I don't seem to have read anything much on here about football, it's all death, doom, plague, pestilence and destruction. I don't really give a monkeys about who owns/runs/manages/coaches/directs or who makes the tea at half time, I go to watch a game of football and when I can't go I am not reading much about it on this forum. I really want to know how we played or if anyone had a stinker, e.g. has Whelan made a tackle yet, has Pidge won the ball cleanly or are we desperate for a centre half, has Bambam already won player of the season. Not bothered if anyone goes to the gym or if the pies are crap, please can we have more about football and any related rumours because I'm getting a bit pissed off with the diatribe being posted. Always look on the bright side of life, then whistle.

8 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Not been on here for a while, holidays take priority, not seen any games, don't know what a podcast is, don't do anti social media just seen the dire results but wow, lighten up people. I don't seem to have read anything much on here about football, it's all death, doom, plague, pestilence and destruction. I don't really give a monkeys about who owns/runs/manages/coaches/directs or who makes the tea at half time, I go to watch a game of football and when I can't go I am not reading much about it on this forum. I really want to know how we played or if anyone had a stinker, e.g. has Whelan made a tackle yet, has Pidge won the ball cleanly or are we desperate for a centre half, has Bambam already won player of the season. Not bothered if anyone goes to the gym or if the pies are crap, please can we have more about football and any related rumours because I'm getting a bit pissed off with the diatribe being posted. Always look on the bright side of life, then whistle.

So the rest of us should refrain from discussing the dire state of the club to allow you to continue on in some deluded state? You have just created a new level of happy clapper. 

15 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Talking about football, rumours and if Bam Bam has won player of the season yet.

If those were the only things we were discussing it would suggest things are alot brighter than they are.

Educate me please marra, why wouldn't we discuss the state of the club, the owners, the Joe Royle stand, the manager, Barry, the boycott, the away protests, the pathetic performance on Tues and so on.

Now I don't consider myself a doom and gloomer but come on, anyone can see there are far more negative things to discuss than positive.

Unless you can prove otherwise, I really hope you can, for all our sakes.

12 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

So the rest of us should refrain from discussing the dire state of the club to allow you to continue on in some deluded state? You have just created a new level of happy clapper. 

You obviously didn't read it, all I said was lighten up.

23 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Not been here, not seen games, don't do social media (except for posting here now),  but wants to come here to read about football (despite not coming here) and how we've played because well doesn't go...

Just now, maximus1267 said:

Talking about football, rumours and if Bam Bam has won player of the season yet.

If those were the only things we were discussing it would suggest things are alot brighter than they are.

Educate me please marra, why wouldn't we discuss the state of the club, the owners, the Joe Royle stand, the manager, Barry, the boycott, the away protests, the pathetic performance on Tues and so on.

Now I don't consider myself a doom and gloomer but come on, anyone can see there are far more negative things to discuss than positive.

Unless you can prove otherwise, I really hope you can, for all our sakes.

I refer the gentleman to my earlier answer

3 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

It's great this anti social media, how to stir up a hornets nest. Make comment and stand back, brilliant!

Reported. At least Magister and Eyresy try and pretend they're not trolling. This is an open admission. Good grief. 

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

What really needs to happen is for the prospective buyers to emerge from the shadows, show us your intentions, show us the colour of your money, only then will the fanbase have a common cause to rally around, throwing tennis balls on the pitch/chanting Abdallah out will achieve nothing.

‘From the shadows’ 😂😂😂😂

18 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Not been here, not seen games, don't do social media (except for posting here now),  but wants to come here to read about football (despite not coming here) and how we've played because well doesn't go...

You obviously didn't read the first line, holiday is where I don't take my laptop.

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

But they come across like they don't give a fuck if we boycott. In fact, I think they'd prefer it if we fucked off and left them alone to ruin our club. If they were worried about money at all, they'd be running the club as a business better in other areas. I dread to think how they're funding the club and what the reality of the situation will be when it all comes out in the wash but a boycott, in my opinion, will do nothing and maybe even give them what they want...

Agree with the sentiment of the rest of the post, like...

I just don’t think people can be arsed with the fight Joe- So make excuses up as to why boycotting won’t work. The truth is every time PTB have shown they are mobilising or planning something- the club hate it. (Bradford tickets not going on sale. . . ) So it’s plain to see it does have an effect. Not going isn’t a one or two game thing, it’s not going at all for as long as it takes IMO.  

The need to change has to be greater than the need to stay the same, and the truth is a lot people are satisfied with watching and moaning about new levels of shite. Good to luck to them, but it’s not for me. The football is completely secondary to getting these clowns out. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I just don’t think people can be arsed with the fight Joe- So make excuses up as to why boycotting won’t work. The truth is every time PTB have shown they are mobilising or planning something- the club hate it. (Bradford tickets not going on sale. . . ) So it’s plain to see it does have an effect. Not going isn’t a one or two game thing, it’s not going at all for as long as it takes IMO.  

The need to change has to be greater than the need to stay the same, and the truth is a lot people are satisfied with watching and moaning about new levels of shite. Good to luck to them, but it’s not for me. The football is completely secondary to getting these clowns out. 

Serious question for you here.

What do you think a mass boycott of home games will achieve ?

I chose not to boycott the Newport game, my reasons were all about me.

I have worked throughout the pandemic, I have hardley been anywhere, I have not seen my family who I live 150 miles from, I needed a release and I needed to get together with my family and it was the football that brought is together for the first time in 18 months or so.

I can't go to many games due to location and job so boycotting home games has really been happening over the last 12 years.

I can understand those who choose not to boycott and I believe to achieve this there needs to be a big push to get that idea accross and how it may force the two clowns hands.

Radio, newspapers, online forums, flyers through every door in Oldham & Tameside etc.

Just saying on here or on a podcast about boycotting wont cause a mass event.

I'm not having a go here because I really want to see this club better off too.

16 minutes ago, League one forever said:

They hate any sort of backlash...

But yes, we're going to struggle if we can't get the majority to do anything other than carry on as normal.

Archived