MATCH: vs Bristol Rovers (A) 17/08/2021

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

OK..that leaves 2999!😆

What about fund raisers, sportsman dinners, auctions etc

All funds into a contingency pot.

I am sure a few of us fans know of people or actually know people who could help maybe, ex players, managers, former prem players from other clubs etc.

All this aswell as donations, maybe those who chose not to purchase season tickets donate that amount.

This is what a supporters trust should be doing.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, maximus1267 said:

I am sure a few of us fans know of people or actually know people who could help maybe, ex players, managers, former prem players from other clubs etc.

All this aswell as donations, maybe those who chose not to purchase season tickets donate that amount.

an evening with someone like Mark Crossley would be great and no doubt raise a few quid 

Former Latic and his stories about Brian Clough and his impression are brilliant 

3 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Absolutely, those sort of events would complement some funding throughout the season, like the 1895 lottery does, but this way an initial investment of £1.5m could be raised relatively quickly which would show potential new owners that the fanbase is backing the club and means business!!

13 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

an evening with someone like Mark Crossley would be great and no doubt raise a few quid 

Former Latic and his stories about Brian Clough and his impression are brilliant 

Sounds good, but there would be many more, maybe from the glory years and so on.

Doesnt have to be all about oldham, its about raising money and awareness of our plight. 

30 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We had almost 3000 backing the PTB letter. 

Let's be honest, that was a massive disappointment. I'd have hoped for at least double. That dormant supporter base is very, very fast asleep 

• Matt unfeatured this topic
1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Surely the publicity you want is national? The local press seem pretty aware of the current situation.

As I've said for me the focus needs to be attracting new owners rather than worrying about the current one and I don't think staying away from games is the way to do that. Turn up, in big numbers, home and away, week after week, sing your anti Lemsagam songs if you want but show that there is something worth investing in.

To who??? 

Who in their right mind would pay anything substantial for a badge with no assets? The offers he received (I seem to recall around 1.5 mill being mentioned ) where hugely generous. Based on the fact that he had his pants pulled by Corney, then went crazy for a year  splashing his cash and now wants any new owner to pay for A, is utter ignorance and business naivety, and B, his financial profligacy.

Crowds show potential- yes. But mean nothing when price is discussed. 

New ownership is for the birds without admin. 

Oh and one last point Eyrsey, I notice that today that you say, and I quote- 

‘Turn up in big numbers home and away, week after week and sing your anti Lemsagams songs if you want’ 

Funny that, because you Tuesday evening you said the direct opposite. That any form of chanting was unacceptable in August. And then made something up about an away day army. 

So- can you clarify- what are we doing at games now?

Singing our hearts out for a very naive millionaire to save us in the first half, (maybe uncle Dave from Beverly Hills cop 3?)  then singing for ALMO to leave second half- just to reaffirm to the naive millionaire that we’re massive really and the vastly inflated asking price is worth every penny? 

Sounds interesting. 

The most uncomfortable the regime will have been, I'd wager, was Salford away. Pure vitriol aimed at them. We're unlikely to get that at home games, but away games are a great opportunity. Even if AL isn't there, Mo will be, and Karl, and likely other directors. People say they hate losing face - embarrassment in front of their "peers" from other clubs may have an interesting outcome if done regularly.

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

To who??? 

Who in their right mind would pay anything substantial for a badge with no assets? The offers he received (I seem to recall around 1.5 mill being mentioned ) where hugely generous. Based on the fact that he had his pants pulled by Corney, then went crazy for a year  splashing his cash and now wants any new owner to pay for A, is utter ignorance and business naivety, and B, his financial profligacy.

‘Turn up in big numbers home and away, week after week and sing your anti Lemsagams songs if you want’ 

Funny that, because you Tuesday evening you said the direct opposite. That any form of chanting was unacceptable in August. And then made something up about an away day army. 

Singing our hearts out for a very naive millionaire to save us in the first half, (maybe uncle Dave from Beverly Hills cop 3?)  then singing for ALMO to leave second half- just to reaffirm to the naive millionaire that we’re massive really and the vastly inflated asking price is worth every penny? 

Sounds interesting. 

The guy is a professional troll and has been for years 

he is contradictory because he will say whatever he thinks will get a reaction at the time 

8 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

The most uncomfortable the regime will have been, I'd wager, was Salford away. Pure vitriol aimed at them. We're unlikely to get that at home games, but away games are a great opportunity. Even if AL isn't there, Mo will be, and Karl, and likely other directors. People say they hate losing face - embarrassment in front of their "peers" from other clubs may have an interesting outcome if done regularly.

Doesn't matter if none of them are there.

They'll hear about it regardless.

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Publicity for what though? There isn't a 'cause' for the wider football world to be interested in us at the moment. We will only become news when there is.

I disagree. With clubs like Bury and Macclesfield recently disappearing, there should be an interest for the wider football world.  We could be the next card in the deck to drop due to shoddy ownership.  Who's to say this won't effect the majority of the lower leagues at some point?

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Surely the publicity you want is national? The local press seem pretty aware of the current situation.

As I've said for me the focus needs to be attracting new owners rather than worrying about the current one and I don't think staying away from games is the way to do that. Turn up, in big numbers, home and away, week after week, sing your anti Lemsagam songs if you want but show that there is something worth investing in.

If we got a gate below 400 say (when was the last time there was that sort of figure for a League fixture?), I reckon there'd be a few lines in the odd national paper. 

"Premier League Founders get lowest League gate for X amount of years".

If we go the other way and be loud about it, you'd hope we'd get the coverage Charlton and Blackpool got.

There's room for both types of protest here, I reckon.  We've just got to get everyone to compromise..

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

Some great debate here- good to read. 

The best idea I’ve read so far- (and it’s compromise for me, because I’d rather completely starve them) is Joe’s idea of a one home game total boycott. To me it’s not to much to ask season ticket holders(if they’re willing) and begins to send a message. Will it mean leave- no. Can we start to generate some publicity- yes. 

What do others think is the best compromise and/or would give us the best chance of getting as many people as possible to join in? 

Football: Brighton fans set for sacrifice | The Independent | The Independent

This was the Brighton game I was on about..

I've not read the whole thread properly but do people actually think that fans could raise enough money? Seriously? Without a millionaire fan noone can take over a club. A couple mill to buy, then the stadium. Not to mention the millions each year it costs to run a club? The fan wud be fighting within themselves because we wud have communication but we would have even worse team/players etc. Boils down again to the fact that a lot of lowere league clubs will continue to struggle or even go bust because not enough people with money are willing to throw it away on a football club. We need a fan who has millions to blow who won't mind losing money because he loves the club

34 minutes ago, League one forever said:

To who??? 

Sounds interesting. 

Admin or not it will still need a rich person with very deep pockets who is happy to lose money year on year. Admin would almost certainly also mean non league, I don't want an owner who stands by and watches that happen just to save themselves a few quid.

Protesting and singing songs is not for me but if that's what people want to do then fine, not sure what it achieves like.

41 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The guy is a professional troll and has been for years 

he is contradictory because he will say whatever he thinks will get a reaction at the time 

I don't abuse people on forums though so maybe put your own house in order first.

23 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I disagree. With clubs like Bury and Macclesfield recently disappearing, there should be an interest for the wider football world.  We could be the next card in the deck to drop due to shoddy ownership.  Who's to say this won't effect the majority of the lower leagues at some point?

If we got a gate below 400 say (when was the last time there was that sort of figure for a League fixture?), I reckon there'd be a few lines in the odd national paper. 

If we go the other way and be loud about it, you'd hope we'd get the coverage Charlton and Blackpool got.

There's room for both types of protest here, I reckon.  We've just got to get everyone to compromise..

You're right, there should be an interest. But until something is happening along the lines of the clubs you mention then the wider world won't be interested, just being shit and badly run isn't enough.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Admin or not it will still need a rich person with very deep pockets who is happy to lose money year on year. Admin would almost certainly also mean non league, I don't want an owner who stands by and watches that happen just to save themselves a few quid.

Protesting and singing songs is not for me but if that's what people want to do then fine, not sure what it achieves like.

Do you think if the status quo continues with the ownership, they will keep us in the league?

Personally I don’t.

So keeping ALMO also means non league IMO. 

So the choice is- watch us slide into non league and just be happy we exist. 

Or 

Push for admin- still go into non league but with renewed hope and leadership. 

Also, let’s be fair here eyrsey. Yes it would need someone to cover loses, certainly to begin with, but we haven’t maximised the match day income for years. With better gates, lower salaries and maximising club income that funding gap could be quite easily narrowed. 

39 minutes ago, JoeP said:

But they will dish out free tickets and the attendance won’t be the lowest.

Archived