MATCH: vs Harrogate Town (H) 02/10/21

• Bender featured this topic
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Nice easy game to follow up the Rochdale victory. Can see nothing other than a routine victory...

That's based on the assumption that we're challenging for the playoffs and they're still a non-league club isn't it?

I think we can win it with the same lineup as last Saturday, but in our current situation I'd accept a 3rd clean sheet on the bounce in the league.

Need to get some points on the board at home.

They battled last week spurred on a loud and largely positive away support. They won't have the same noise level unless we can really get on top, but if we could squeak a win, it would should show some signs of a team at least being up for the a scrap.

3 hours ago, bluehobbit said:

Need to get some points on the board at home.

They battled last week spurred on a loud and largely positive away support. They won't have the same noise level unless we can really get on top, but if we could squeak a win, it would should show some signs of a team at least being up for the a scrap.

The noise levels should surely be better at home with 3,000 tics in there, after all we only had 1500 at Dale. 

42 minutes ago, disjointed said:

The noise levels should surely be better at home with 3,000 tics in there, after all we only had 1500 at Dale. 

That's not how it works though is it, particularly if the clowns are shutting the bars

7 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

That's based on the assumption that we're challenging for the playoffs and they're still a non-league club isn't it?

I think we can win it with the same lineup as last Saturday, but in our current situation I'd accept a 3rd clean sheet on the bounce in the league.

Harrogate have their own injury problems, hopefully KC will know this and the team will take advantage...https://www.harrogateadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/harrogate-town-defenders-ruled-out-of-trip-to-oldham-athletic-3401701

27 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

That's not how it works though is it, particularly if the clowns are shutting the bars

Sorry metty, it was tongue in cheek, granted I haven't been to a home game for 3 seasons, but going off reports I have read there may be artistic licence being used for the attendances. Likewise at Rochdale when I finally got in the ground at 10 past 3,for a stand that holds 3k I struggled to find a seat (albeit we were looking for 3 together). Can I also say the seats we found were ideal as I managed to sit next to Mr and Mrs Diego Sideburns, who are engaging company. 

27 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I imagine he'll have no idea and done zero research...

Why would you imagine that?

If you listen to any prematch interview with Curle, you’ll know that Keith and his staff do their research on the opposition’s strengths and weaknesses.

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If you listen to any prematch interview with Curle, you’ll know that Keith and his staff do their research on the opposition’s strengths and weaknesses.

Was pointing out how ridiculous it was to question whether he was aware they had a couple of injuries

8 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

They didn't seem to know how quick and determined the Leeds kids were.

For all their collective faults, would anyone who used to criticise Mouche, Missilou and Baxter (and I include myself on occasion) have them in todays line up instead of the weak kneed, lily livered midfield we have at present? Admittedly I'd rather have the likes of Redfearn, Milligan & Henry or Tony Henry, or any midfielder who can tackle to be honest.

1 hour ago, C.O.JONES said:

For all their collective faults, would anyone who used to criticise Mouche, Missilou and Baxter (and I include myself on occasion) have them in todays line up instead of the weak kneed, lily livered midfield we have at present? Admittedly I'd rather have the likes of Redfearn, Milligan & Henry or Tony Henry, or any midfielder who can tackle to be honest.

Baxter was such a waste, he should have stuck at it. Surely he was young enough to regain fitness at some point. To retire is so disappointing.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Baxter was such a waste, he should have stuck at it. Surely he was young enough to regain fitness at some point. To retire is so disappointing.

I guess he'd completely lost motivation.  |To be successful you have to want to do it

Archived