MATCH: vs Harrogate Town (H) 02/10/21

4 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

What game where you watching? On another day we could have had 3 in the first half alone, but for sheer Harrogate luck. And the amount of balls in to the box screaming for a striker was the most ive seen this season. Hope needs to be dropped. Id even put pierrgianni up front jus to be there. We lost all impetus when diarra went off and we decided to play whelan bahamboula and dkd out of the game. Even Vaughan came on scored then noone would pass to him. Dearnley had maybe 2 touches in half hour or so. Curle panicks when we get to the last quarter and loses all common sense on how to play

Balls into the box are not chances if there's nobody there to do anything with them.

Playing with Hope is like playing with 10 men.  He doesn't hold the ball up, he doesn't create for others, he doesn't make runs, he doesn't score.  What's the point?  I might as well sit in the centre circle with a pie in each hand.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

We all admitting that Bahamboula is bang average yet? 

So out of everything wrong at the club to be down and negative about,  you choose to damn one of the few things good about the club at present.

Bahamboula is not bang average compared to the rest of the team, other than the kids he is a positive.

Dont get some fans, I really dont.

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd go for mind bogglingly impossible in the circumstances. 

We must have been able to sign some strikers we've loaned in more midfielders than we need. 

Yeah incredibly difficult but having  one striker....? A kid and lad made of glass

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

He clearly isn't or he couldn't have scored the goals he has done 

Keillor-Dunn has a better strike rate, both give the ball away the majority of times they possess it and neither has won a header in their lives. So on balance Keillor-Dunn is better. 

7 points from nearly a quarter of a season yet only 2 points from safety. We should be 6 or 7 points adrift by now!!!

This division is the absolute pits and if we are relegated it will be because we have been embarrassingly shite.

We have continued on the same trajectory as last season at home but our away form has almost completely disappeared.

Curle should not be given any more leeway and has to be somewhat accountable for this absolute abomination.

The football is now secondary and if we survive by one point and get this fucking lot out along the way I will be absolutely ecstatic!!!!!

********ABDALLAH OUT********

Why bring a sub on in Vaughan who showed energy and a desire to get forward and then refuse to pass to him? Piergianni in particular constantly went for the long ball to the right or the usual side-long pass rather than knock it to him. If I was Vaughan I would be furious.

Some of the most inept management I've seen at this club. KC persists in 3 central defenders despite conceding loads and scoring few.

He's an head in the sand ostrich who even at the end of game when losing won't throw a big man up front.

Incredibly he brings on the soft deep lying midfielder Bowden who hasn't contributed in any of the games he's played for us.

I'd send him and Bettache back as their hearts don't appear to be in this club and bring in a couple of competitive forwards in January.

Their centre forward Armstrong showed what's needed at this club, but signed Hope who runs about and achieves absolutely nothing.

As for Fage and Diarra, if that's the best we can do we really are a lost cause.

Harrogate today were short of two of their best defenders so Curle persists with 1 lightweight striker.

I've said from the beginning I'm not a fan of Curles tactics and formation and feel a change is needed as he obviously won't change his ways.

Nothing will change this season unless we bring another striker in in January. There are simply not enough goals in the team to win many games. Curle sticking to a formation that needs wing backs, despite none being available seems unfathomable.

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Some of the most inept management I've seen at this club. KC persists in 3 central defenders despite conceding loads and scoring few.

He's an head in the sand ostrich who even at the end of game when losing won't throw a big man up front.

Incredibly he brings on the soft deep lying midfielder Bowden who hasn't contributed in any of the games he's played for us.

I'd send him and Bettache back as their hearts don't appear to be in this club and bring in a couple of competitive forwards in January.

Their centre forward Armstrong showed what's needed at this club, but signed Hope who runs about and achieves absolutely nothing.

As for Fage and Diarra, if that's the best we can do we really are a lost cause.

Harrogate today were short of two of their best defenders so Curle persists with 1 lightweight striker.

I've said from the beginning I'm not a fan of Curles tactics and formation and feel a change is needed as he obviously won't change his ways.

Taken a while but…

I agree 

1 hour ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

We all admitting that Bahamboula is bang average yet? 

This is a point that needs exploring more. Doesn’t get raised anywhere near enough. Lad has a near free role in the team and simply doesn’t produce anywhere near enough to warrant that. Yes he’s talented and megs people from time to time, but with that little defensive responsibility we need miles more from him. 

38 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

This is a point that needs exploring more. Doesn’t get raised anywhere near enough. Lad has a near free role in the team and simply doesn’t produce anywhere near enough to warrant that. Yes he’s talented and megs people from time to time, but with that little defensive responsibility we need miles more from him. 

He's surrounded by shite.

1 hour ago, bluehobbit said:

We must have been able to sign some strikers we've loaned in more midfielders than we need. 

Yeah incredibly difficult but having  one striker....? A kid and lad made of glass

Totally Agree, Bowden bettache have been brought in and can’t get in a poor side yet we are screaming out for a centre forward. Hope has never been a goal scorer yet plays there every week and curle brings him in as his 9. 

Archived