MATCH: vs Tranmere Rovers (H) 07/12/21

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

I also have Thursday there as well. Two days should be enough...

Hope you get to see a Jimmy masterclass, I had tickets for the cancelled 5th test against India at OT, was hoping to see a last hurrah from him, who knows maybe next year. 

15 hours ago, disjointed said:

Hope you get to see a Jimmy masterclass, I had tickets for the cancelled 5th test against India at OT, was hoping to see a last hurrah from him, who knows maybe next year. 

He's not playing :(

18 hours ago, disjointed said:

Maybe if we get the Perth Test?

Trying to figure out if I should have my first beer at 5:45 or 10 am

Really hope we stuff the Aussies and bring back the Ashes, though I'm not confident.

I do like Justin Langer though, a class act as a batsman and a really decent bloke. We were at the Old Trafford test a few years ago when Flintoff was hurling down rockets at the Aussies, and Langer was fielding on the boundary just in front of us. He was getting it in the neck from a particularly loud and obnoxious England fan sitting right in front of us, who eventually yelled at him: "Oi, Langer, what's it like having your ears pinned to the sight screen by Freddie, then?"

For the first time, Langer responded. He turned round, smiled and said "Don't you wish you were good enough to find out?" Brought the house down, loads of England fans in stitches, and the loudmouth was very quiet for the rest of the day!

Archived