BPAS PODCAST SEASON 2: 13th Dec '21 Episode 62: A Crisis Cracker!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Usual response to contrarian view, the only difference is it took you a bit longer to get there but thanks for the heads up that results are woeful.

whittles - just one question (please don't go off at any tamgent). Do you accept that the "sale" to the current owner has transpired to be nothing but an unmitigated disaster for our football club?

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

I would rather have a league club under any circumstances-it's a long way back from non league as so many other clubs have proved.

No matter how many times it is explained to you the consequences of admin you refuse to acknowledge it or provide an alternative.

As Dave Og says, you don't have to opt for a binary choice here. It is not merely a choice between administration or non-league football, although the latter is infinitely preferable to the former. You are also legitimately able to pursue a change of ownership, change of owner behaviour, third party investment or fan ownership or a combination of all the above.

44 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Usual response to contrarian view, the only difference is it took you a bit longer to get there but thanks for the heads up that results are woeful.

Oh the irony. . .🤦🏻‍♂️

I’m genuinely happy to debate with you, that’s the forum is about. But you haven’t formulated an educated view or one that makes any sense.

You want to watch the highest level football you can irrespective of the owners- Fine.  Like you said earlier, results dictate- I largely agree. 

So what do you need for good results, or in our case to stay in the league? 

Good players. 

What do good players cost? 

Money. 

We haven’t got any. 

Why haven’t we got money? 

Because the owners have waxed their money on large amounts of below standard players who never play. They need to pay on average two managers a season off. They won’t negotiate with the landlord to open income generating streams for the club. They show a complete disregard and contempt for fans, to such an extent they aren’t really arsed if you come or not. They haven’t done on publicity or marketing since they came to drive revenue. Money has become so tight we’re taking loans we can’t afford to repay. We can only pay a certain amount and length of contract, and the best of them all- we have ONE for forward at the club who so far scored a staggering two goals. Which makes him a 1 in 10 man. 

You want results? So do I. 

You want winning over likeable owners. I get that. 

But ultimately results/winning football costs money. AL doesn’t want to put anymore in.

So what you want- results- isn’t happening with these owners. 

44 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

It makes perfect sense. I want the club to exist-you want it to fail in the belief it will lead to nirvana. That educated enough for you?

😂😂😂

Not quite. 

I thought it was about league football at all costs for you?  Results dictate you said. . 

Now it’s about existing? So as long as we exist, the results don’t really matter then do they?  We’ll exist in the conference under these owners- but at least ‘you can still go to the game’ eh. .

You want the club to exist- which as it stands, means suck it up and just be thankful for what we’ve got. 

I want AL (not the club) to fail. I want him to lose everything he’s put in, and face the stark reality of his naivety. Then I want somebody to come in and try to make us everything we can be, instead of accepting existence. 

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂

Not quite. 

I thought it was about league football at all costs for you?  Results dictate you said. . No I didn't

Now it’s about existing? So as long as we exist, the results don’t really matter then do they?  We’ll exist in the conference under these owners- but at least ‘you can still go to the game’ eh. .I want us to exist as a league club-pedantry

You want the club to exist- which as it stands, means suck it up and just be thankful for what we’ve got. We are members of a 92 club elite-wilfully giving it up is not an option.

I want AL (not the club) to fail. I want him to lose everything he’s put in, and face the stark reality of his naivety. Then I want somebody to come in and try to make us everything we can be, instead of accepting existence. I want, I want-I won't deny you your dreams cos that's all they are.

Last week OASF chatted to the FSA primarily about the ACV.

I asked how quickly/best guess EFL reform would start to happen. Stuff like golden share and shadow boards...its going to be a good 18mnths off and some supporter organisations are starting to get ready for it.

However, I am not convinced we will see it as an EFL club.

I also asked about us still being a club in crisis and we are 

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Results dictate you said. . No I didn't

I want us to exist as a league club-pedantry

You’ve just done it again. 😂

You do understand that we need Results to stay up? 

We are members of a 92 club elite-wilfully giving it up is not an option.

I’ve honestly not got a clue what this is about? You’re back to making things up again. What club in the history of football has ‘wilfully’ given up their league place. I always thought you got relegated out of the league?? Which tends to happen when you have shit owners who can’t afford good players who win enough games. 

I want, I want-I won't deny you your dreams cos that's all they are

Is the double wording of I want a typo? Or is that your petulance to counter opinion? I’m happy to debate but you don’t have a cohesive argument for why change shouldn’t happen other than- 

I want to exist as a league club.

Well under these owners-  I won’t deny you your dreams- cos that’s all they are. 

On 12/13/2021 at 4:02 PM, Dave_Og said:

If we go into admin the first thing an administrator has to confirm is whether the business concerned has a potential future.   This business has almost no saleable tangible assets and minimal income.  If money isn't found very, very quickly from somewhere within a few days of entering administration they would be legally obliged to close the doors.  Admin may be fine but ONLY if someone is prepared to sub the club while a buyer is sought and a takeover is completed.  I can't imagine that (unless Blitz feels it is in his best interests) that such funding could conceivable come from anywhere other than someone who is already lined up to buy the club.  Nobody fits that bill at present as far as I'm aware.

We are second bottom - clearly relegation is not yet nailed on.  I can't see it as anything other than a positive to maintain league status but that doesn't mean I'm optimistic about anything to do with OAFC.

Dave, of the two options

1 = keep the present owners, fans ignored etc and stay in league two 

2 = relegation but loose ALMO (maybe new owner or possible restart with        Phoenix club)

Which do you prefer?

5 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Errmmm uncomfortable Monty Burns oversharing moment incoming..

Lay in bed watching/listening to that and near the end l realised two tears had escaped my left eye and one from the right.

Heartbreaking times these.

Yeah same here

25 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Dave, of the two options

1 = keep the present owners, fans ignored etc and stay in league two 

2 = relegation but loose ALMO (maybe new owner or possible restart with        Phoenix club)

Which do you prefer?

Sorry but that binary option makes no sense. 

5 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Errmmm uncomfortable Monty Burns oversharing moment incoming..

Lay in bed watching/listening to that and near the end l realised two tears had escaped my left eye and one from the right.

Heartbreaking times these.

Im glad after starting with over sharing and “lay in bed” 

the only secretions were tears 

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Sorry but that binary option makes no sense. 

Why does it not make sense? 

I presume you think it isn’t binary because there is lots of options? 

Which are what? 

Do you think someone will pay 6 million for a badge, and then keep us up? 

Do you think AL will start reinvesting and pay the shortfall of the loss of golden share in the national league? 

It’s bizarre to me, that people won’t accept what is staring them in the face. 

29 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s bizarre to me, that people won’t accept what is staring them in the face.

If there is a section supporters, fans or those who just have an affinity with Latics vocally supporting Abdallah, I haven't noticed.

We do see the stark reality of the situation.

I find the BPAS podcasts comforting, listening to kindred spirits, in our shared experience of suffering.

Matt speaks eloquently, after the Salford game he captured the emotion perfectly, we feel desperate.

While we all agree that change is vital, there isn't a consensus on how to unite behind a common agenda.

Some say relegation might be a catalyst, to unseat the owner and set in motion a chain of events which can lead to salvation.

I see relegation as oblivion, stepping off the edge into limitless chaos.

Hence the imperative for Abdallah to act in January, protecting our league status is surely the one thing we the supporters have in common with an owner determined to recoup his investment.

I want what is best for the club . I certainly dont want relegation because that will be the end . Cant help thinking we would have won Saturday with a bigger crowd behind the team. Do you think any of this is doing any good? Are you getting anywhere ?   Are there any rumblings of him selling up .Not having a go just curious, because if we go down the blame might be a bit more widespread than it appears now. Like I said not having a go just want what is best and that is staying up . I would like to see Blitz made more accountable and his part in our sordid recent past more publicised.

Archived