BPAS PODCAST SEASON 2: 7th Mar '22 Episode 74: Meet Chris Lees

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a bit worried when I saw the meeting with a prospective buyer was conducted in the Cob and Coal on Oldham market 🙄🙄🙄

Surely not the kind of place to discuss multi million dollar plans.

Agree with previous posts that it doesn’t sound that promising 

15 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

Is it worth a listen then, or does this guy just sound like a fruitcake?

I was sceptical, listened to it, changed my opinion and jumped aboard the Chris Lees express.... but the stuff coming out since I've listened to it (Twitter account, beliefs etc.) are putting me right off.

7 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

I was sceptical, listened to it, changed my opinion and jumped aboard the Chris Lees express.... but the stuff coming out since I've listened to it (Twitter account, beliefs etc.) are putting me right off.

Why do his beliefs bother you? Do they impair his ability to run a business successfully?

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Why do his beliefs bother you? Do they impair his ability to run a business successfully?

Did Ched Evans rape conviction impair his ability to score goals? Some things are just a bit more important. 

15 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Just watched that Oldham Times interview.

He’s sort of the abomination you’d get if you put the DNA’s of Gary Glitter, Alan Partridge, Tommy Saxondale and the bald twat from Right Said Fred in a blender and produced some kind of Frankenstein’s monster out of it.

in short, I’d not let him within a hundred yards of my teenage daughter. Potential to out basket case the Lemsagems.

Defo a Castrol GTX logo on the back of his leather bomber. 

10 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Did Ched Evans rape conviction impair his ability to score goals? Some things are just a bit more important. 

Disanalogous. Stop being ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Which of his views are comparable with rape?  

I don't condone Ched Evans and do not want to prolong the discussion around him, but let's not forget he was found not guilty after a retrial and compensated for his imprisonment. Therefore, under the "legal system" he is innocent and not a rapist.

3 minutes ago, Mercater said:

I don't condone Ched Evans and do not want to prolong the discussion around him, but let's not forget he was found not guilty after a retrial and compensated for his imprisonment. Therefore, under the "legal system" he is innocent and not a rapist.

I understand that. That’s not really the point I’m making. I’m curious to know which of this guys views are so offensive to some here? 

50 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Defo a Castrol GTX logo on the back of his leather bomber. 

I don't really do Twitter. Can someone please ask him what he thinks of the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre. 

28 minutes ago, Ryan said:

It doesn't, not in the slightest and I get your point. It's more the media circus it could potentially attract.

Sick of the Oldham athletic shit show!

I don’t get the concern.

Yes, he may be eccentric or say cringy things occasionally- but we’re not after a best friend. 

We want a competent business owner, and everything he has said about that side of things is credible and rational. 

If he does everything AL hasn’t  and runs a steady ship, he can come across as uncle nobhead for all I care. 

Actions speak louder than words. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I don’t get the concern.

Yes, he may be eccentric or say cringy things occasionally- but we’re not after a best friend. 

We want a competent business owner, and everything he has said about that side of things is credible and rational. 

If he does everything AL hasn’t  and runs a steady ship, he can come across as uncle nobhead for all I care. 

Actions speak louder than words. 

not saying he isn't but what convinces you he's a competent business owner? Don't say making millions out of bitcoin. That doesn't mean he's a competent business owner he could well have got lucky in that respect or just followed someone else in. There is no evidence as far as I can see he's run successful businesses but as i said that doesn't mean he hasn't. I'm just not convinced.

14 minutes ago, PeteG said:

not saying he isn't but what convinces you he's a competent business owner? Don't say making millions out of bitcoin. That doesn't mean he's a competent business owner he could well have got lucky in that respect or just followed someone else in. There is no evidence as far as I can see he's run successful businesses but as i said that doesn't mean he hasn't. I'm just not convinced.

Isn't it an overseas consortium he's got together and he wouldn't be the sole owner?

12 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Fine- but if that’s the case he’ll get found out quite quickly, and wont get near the club. 

We can be full of hope or full of scepticism, but it doesn’t affect anything. He’ll either back up what he says or he won’t, and the reading into his personality is just daft. 

Archived